Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

A Heartless Person

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2013, 03:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Un fucking believable!! :shock:
QuoteTORONTO – An Oshawa family is reeling after receiving a typed letter filled with vitriol that says the family should "euthanize" their autistic son.

The letter, rife with grammar and spelling mistakes, targets the autistic son of the family who, according to the author, "scares the hell out of [her] normal children."

"You selfishly put your kid outside everyday and let him be a [sic] nothing but a nuisance and a problem to everyone else with that noise polluting whaling [sic] he constantly makes!!!" the anonymous letter reads. "That noise he makes when he is outside is DREADFUL!!!!!!!!!!"

Karla Begley, whose son Maxwell has moderate to severe autism, saw the letter on Saturday. It was delivered to her mother's home in Newcastle Friday where Max plays in the backyard on his grandmother's trampoline.

"You'd figure that his grandma's backyard is his safe place. He goes there to relax," Begley said in an interview Monday. "Ok, he can't go to his favourite place. It's heartbreaking."

The hate-filled letter pleads with the family to "do the right thing" and either move or "euthanize" their son.

Begley said she was "floored" by the letter and thinks it tries to reduce her son to "a waste of space." When he was younger, she said, it was difficult to take him out. But now that he is 13-years-old she said it's getting easier for him to be sociable.

Durham police are investigating.

"We're worried about our son's safety and other kid's safety," Begley said. "A loose cannon like that, you never know what he could do."

Sam Dacaria, a spokesperson for the Autism Canada Foundation finds the letter "disturbing."

"This is not the way that the Greater Toronto Area should be going," he said in an interview. "It should be going the other way to being more sympathetic, empathetic, more understanding, more tolerant to avoid an incident like this."

The Autism Canada Foundation exists to disseminate information about what autism is and bridge gaps of understanding and tolerance. And while more people are understanding of the condition, a small minority of intolerant and ignorant people can lead to "pretty terrible eventualities," Dacaria said.

"Autistic individuals typically present as otherwise normal individuals," he said. "Imagine a young boy like Max flailing his arms in public. If those around him don't understand it, the consequences can be very bad."

Maxwell doesn't know about the letter and Begley said they just want Maxwell to be treated the same as everyone else.

"Maxwell deserves every right to live in this wonderful community. He deserves his right to see his grandma. He deserves everything every other normal child can have. It's tough on kids with special needs, making friends and stuff because they can't get out the same way. But no one deserves to be treated like this."

http://globalnews.ca/news/789411/oshawa-family-receives-hate-filled-letter-directed-at-autistic-son/">http://globalnews.ca/news/789411/oshawa ... istic-son/">http://globalnews.ca/news/789411/oshawa-family-receives-hate-filled-letter-directed-at-autistic-son/

Renee

Ignorance and inappropriate behavior just abounds in this world. If anyone should be euthanized it should be the tard that wrote the letter. Better yet the parents of the tard that wrote the letter should have been euthanized before they were able to breed. Some people are just absolute fucking scum.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Ignorance and inappropriate behavior just abounds in this world. If anyone should be euthanized it should be the tard that wrote the letter. Better yet the parents of the tard that wrote the letter should have been euthanized before they were able to breed. Some people are just absolute fucking scum.

Yep, that is the exact rant I was thinking Renee.

Chickenfeets

I hope they find this person and give them autism too.

Anonymous

Was this done by some thoughtless teenagers as a prank? I hope an adult did not write the letter.

Romero

QuoteHe is a hindrance to everyone and will always be that way!!!!! Who the hell is going to care for him?????? No employer will hire him, no normal girl is goign to marry/love him and you are not going to live forever!! Personally, they should take whatever non retarded body parts he possesses and donate it to science. What the hell else good is he to anyone!!!  You had a retarded kid, deal with it... properly!!!!! What right do you have to do this to hard working people!!!!!!! I HATE people like you who believe, just because you have a special needs kid, you are entitled to special treatmen!!! GOD!!!!!!!

That part of the letter just goes to show it's not really about the kid being noisy or a nuisance. What an awful person.

QuoteAn Ontario community is rallying around the family of a 13-year-old autistic boy after his grandmother received an anonymous letter telling them to either leave the neighbourhood or have the boy euthanized.

On Sunday night, at least 120 people waited outside the home for more than an hour in order show their support, Begley said. Families with autistic children drove in from Oshawa to show their support.

"Max was high-fiving everyone. He didn't understand but knew it was for him," Millson said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/letter-suggesting-13-year-old-autistic-boy-be-euthanized-reported-to-police/article13856413/">//http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/letter-suggesting-13-year-old-autistic-boy-be-euthanized-reported-to-police/article13856413/

:thumbup:

Anonymous

Yep, it was sickening. Any leads about the author of the letter?

Romero

I've only read that police are investigating.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I've only read that police are investigating.

Yep, same here.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"Was this done by some thoughtless teenagers as a prank? I hope an adult did not write the letter.

Could be but I wouldn't put it past some stupid adult to do the same thing. Hurtful people are everywhere and you never know just how stupid and unfeeling they can be. I've almost stopped being surprised at some of the stupid and insensitive shit people do on a daily basis.

Inappropriate behavior seems to be on the rise in our society and I blame it on stupid people's inability to differentiate between real life and the fantasy world they live in on the net.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Was this done by some thoughtless teenagers as a prank? I hope an adult did not write the letter.

Could be but I wouldn't put it past some stupid adult to do the same thing. Hurtful people are everywhere and you never know just how stupid and unfeeling they can be. I've almost stopped being surprised at some of the stupid and insensitive shit people do on a daily basis.

Inappropriate behavior seems to be on the rise in our society and I blame it on stupid people's inability to differentiate between real life and the fantasy world they live in on the net.

Yeah, there are too many cruel, insensitive people out there. However, this is too much even by the standards of insensitivity. Some people have no parameters at all.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" Yeah, there are too many cruel, insensitive people out there. However, this is too much even by the standards of insensitivity. Some people have no parameters at all.
Agreed of course. Take it to the bank that there are may stupid people out there.

As I understand, this was a letter sent to the parent. I believe it was not public until the parent made it public. Correct me if I'm wrong on that as if it was presented publically as on a web site etc. that would change what I'm about to say.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm a believer in not empowering stupid people as the best solution. Any attention just gives the person the impression they have power.

Never mentioning it and moving on would render the person (using the word "person" loosely) powerless. Making it an issue empowers them.

There are many out there equal to and worse and more dangerous than this person. When we react to them, especially if we make it a public issue,  they win. We have trash bins for a reason. Use one and continue to move forward with your life like it never happened ....... because if you don't react internally and externally (following an initial reaction of anger or fear), it never happened.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

This reminds of a news from couple of years back where 3 retards were not allowed to enter a nightclub.

First of all, one of them was in a wheelchair.

2nd. Nightclubs are noisy and might be overwhelming to a person whom is at the level of a 5year old child.

3rd. The bouncers and other personnel would be considered responsible if anything happened to these persons.

It is quite understandable action from the bouncer to deny their entrance.

Renee

Quote from: "cc li tarte"
Quote from: "Shen Li" Yeah, there are too many cruel, insensitive people out there. However, this is too much even by the standards of insensitivity. Some people have no parameters at all.
Agreed of course. Take it to the bank that there are may stupid people out there.

As I understand, this was a letter sent to the parent. I believe it was not public until the parent made it public. Correct me if I'm wrong on that as if it was presented publically as on a web site etc. that would change what I'm about to say.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm a believer in not empowering stupid people as the best solution. Any attention just gives the person the impression they have power.

Never mentioning it and moving on would render the person (using the word "person" loosely) powerless. Making it an issue empowers them.

There are many out there equal to and worse and more dangerous than this person. When we react to them, especially if we make it a public issue,  they win. We have trash bins for a reason. Use one and continue to move forward with your life like it never happened ....... because if you don't react internally and externally (following an initial reaction of anger or fear), it never happened.

Finding the person who wrote it, beating the shit out of them and then feeding their hacked up body to the fish renders them "powerless" as well.  :twisted:

cc

That's also a good plan.

My point was less about the meaningless perp and more about important victims getting on with their already tough lives,  leaving behind the crap from people like this twat to fester in the dumpster and not be part of their lives.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell