News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

This is what happens without front plate/crane screw...

Started by Angry White Male, May 19, 2018, 04:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

I've never heard of any rule like that, and nothing in our bylaws prohibit that.  Even if there was, who the fuck would know what I do in my own home?

Rules got tighter here under Obama. Now there is a limit to how much gunpowder one can have in their home. Once you have a certain amount you also have to report it to the local fire department. They are to let your place burn if you have too much gunpowder in your home. Some other crap too that I've heard recently.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Angry White Male

We have nothing like that here.  I could have an entire closet full of powder!

Then again, this is a newer building, and it is equipped with sprinklers inside and out.  So, although everything will be water damaged, the building shouldn't burn down completely!  It also has hardiplank siding, and I don't think that stuff burns.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"

I've never heard of any rule like that, and nothing in our bylaws prohibit that.  Even if there was, who the fuck would know what I do in my own home?

Rules got tighter here under Obama. Now there is a limit to how much gunpowder one can have in their home. Once you have a certain amount you also have to report it to the local fire department. They are to let your place burn if you have too much gunpowder in your home. Some other crap too that I've heard recently.

10-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg) may be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), may be stored in residences if kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls or at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
10-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg) may be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), may be stored in residences if kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls or at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.

I believe that was it!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Angry White Male

Looks like we do have some similar rules also.  This is for smokeless.  Black powder is about half of this, except in storage unit which is the same at 75kg (165lbs)

44 pounds in an attached dwelling.

55 pounds in a detached dwelling.

165 pounds in a storage unit.

Anything over 75kg (165lbs) requires an Explosives Licence.

We are limited to 225kg (500lbs) of ammo in any dwelling or storage unit, again unless one has Explosives Licence.

Seems reasonable, as 50lbs of smokeless powder is quite a bit, and 500lbs of ammo is a fair amount also.  Then again, nobody will be checking and weighing your ammo anyhow, at least not yet!

Angry White Male

I can see having some guidelines, as you probably don't want 10 tons of black powder in your basement if your house starts to go up in flames...  Would be one hell of a show for the neighbours to watch though!