News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

How can USPS make money when operating like this?

Started by Angry White Male, June 18, 2018, 01:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "cc"Apart from regular mail, they are trying to compete with couriers

I understand that they are not making money on mail, so are adding alternative revenue sources.

I don't like the ethics of this. Clearly they have some distinct advantages over private business .. and have NO business competing with the private sector

There is nothing ethical about crown corporations like Canada Post or the CBC competing with private enterprise.

Maybe, but you don't believe they will be privatized do you Seoul?

Not a chance. The pendulum has swung against free and fair markets. The opportunity to unload both of them is lost.

Berry Sweet

They don't even call them mail carriers anymore, they are delivery agents..

Canada Post, Royal Mail and USPS were established for a different  era.

Isn't that just ridiculous!  All these basic job with fancy titles.  I mean really...a delivery agent?  How lame.  It's just as stupid as "subway sandwich artist".

Berry Sweet

Next time you go to subway be Like, can I get your best artist to make me a sammich motherfucker...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Isn't that just ridiculous!  All these basic job with fancy titles.  I mean really...a delivery agent?  How lame.  It's just as stupid as "subway sandwich artist".

Delivery agent is more accurate. Mail is not their bread and butter anymore. They are public sector couriers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Delivery agent is more accurate. Mail is not their bread and butter anymore. They are public sector couriers.

Purolator Courier is 91% owned by Canada Post.