Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

School shooter video game is still unreleased

Started by Anonymous, June 04, 2018, 01:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The game, "Active Shooter," was pulled off the shelf ahead of its release date by the first developer, but I would not be surprised if another publisher steps up to release it.

As P.T. Barnum said, no one ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of Americans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44302146">//https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44302146

Odinson

People werent so sensitive back in 2009 when call of duty modern warfare 2 was released..

It has an airport massacre level..

I always miss a few civvies.

">

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Peaches"The game, "Active Shooter," was pulled off the shelf ahead of its release date by the first developer, but I would not be surprised if another publisher steps up to release it.

As P.T. Barnum said, no one ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of Americans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44302146">//https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44302146
It was actually H.L. Mencken and the real quote was
Quote"No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.

I'm not trying to play gotcha here, just correcting the record.

As to the video game.  I wouldn't want it banned, but that game is disgusting and the creators should be ashamed.

cc

It and stuff like it should be banned. It and stuff like it are not a "freedom" issue

Not sure why OP singles out "Americans". Stuff like this finds lamers everywhere in the world.

Then, of late seems there are a lot of America-hating Americans .. . seems the cool way to be, eh?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"It should be banned.

Not sure why OP singles out "Americans". Stuff like this finds lamers everywhere in the world.

Then, of late seems there are a lot of America-hating Americans

Hating America is a favorite pastime among the progtards in the world, even those in America (why don't they just leave?)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Yeah, I've long known of the dispute about who said it and I've researched it myself.  It's correct to attribute the idea -- and the long form of the quote you showed -- to Mencken, and probably he said it first.

But Barnum was a showman, not a writer, and evidently he did borrow the idea but spoke of taste rather than intelligence.  That, too, is documented (but later.)

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

Not sure why OP singles out "Americans"  

No reason, really...except the protest and petition against it by the Sandy Hook parents, and my choice of the quote.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Peaches"

Yeah, I've long known of the dispute about who said it and I've researched it myself.  It's correct to attribute the idea -- and the long form of the quote you showed -- to Mencken, and probably he said it first.

But Barnum was a showman, not a writer, and evidently he did borrow the idea but spoke of taste rather than intelligence.  That, too, is documented (but later.)
True, There are a lot places attributing that particular quote or something similar to Barnum as well.  I have certainly read and heard over the years he had a similar sentiment about average people.

Often with these old quotes its hard to tell who said what, or even if they said it all.

Anonymous

As to the video game.  I wouldn't want it banned, but that game is disgusting and the creators should be ashamed.

It wouldn't bother me if it was banned.

Aryan

I remember when the 'we know whats best for you' brigade kicked up a stink about Manhunt, well I played it, enjoyed it and guess what? I haven't gone out and embarked on a killing spree as yet.......

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"I remember when the 'we know whats best for you' brigade kicked up a stink about Manhunt, well I played it, enjoyed it and guess what? I haven't gone out and embarked on a killing spree as yet.......

But, you stopped playing it SCOUSE.

:laugh:

Aryan

I played it again recently actually, you should treat yourself and the kids one night and have a go of it after prayers.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"I played it again recently actually, you should treat yourself and the kids one night and have a go of it after prayers.  ac_biggrin

Thank you for the kind suggestion SCOUSE.

ac_smile

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Peaches"The game, "Active Shooter," was pulled off the shelf ahead of its release date by the first developer, but I would not be surprised if another publisher steps up to release it.

If this game had not been given publicity, not many would have bought it, or even heard about it.  Some low budget, graphically inferior game most likely full of glitches isn't high on a gamers 'must have' list no matter what the theme.

Now people will want it, because it's banned.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It wouldn't bother me if it was banned.

It should.