The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Kamloops parent says high school assignment used to push political views onto students

Started by Anonymous, October 04, 2018, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

This country is becoming like Stalin's USSR and Goebbels Germany.

I never had kids, but I still can't wait to get out of this prognazi country.
QuoteMatt DeFouw says his son knows better than to text in class. But when a picture of a social studies worksheet popped up on his screen, the Kamloops father had to reply.

"Instantly, I was like, 'Wow, you have to bring that home,'" DeFouw said.

The purpose of the assignment was supposed to teach Grade 10 students at Valleyview Secondary School about the different views in partisan politics. Students were given a list of questions and were asked to answer either political left or right.

"Question No. 3 was, 'Which person is racist?'" DeFouw said. "The... correct answer was 'right-wing people.'"

Other descriptions tied to the right included: A person who believes that convicted murders should be hanged, that women should stay home and be mothers, and that Canada should restrict immigration.

DeFouw, who admits he is a right-wing conservative, said students should be taught that the political spectrum is much more complex.

"You have conservatives... being painted as misogynist, racist xenophobes who want to enact a brutal police state that hang people," he said.

The Kamloops-Thompson School District was alerted to a post that DeFouw put up on social media and has since spoken with the parent.

Assistant Supt. Bill Hamblett says the school district is investigating.

"It is an oversimplification of those very complex ideas, which we need to revisit with those students," said Hamblett.

Valleyview students told Global News they were uncomfortable with the questions on the worksheet.

"It's basically a teacher saying, 'This is my opinion -- learn it and it will be yours too,'" said one student.

"I feel giving us a worksheet like that, it's not really fair," said another.

DeFouw said that he does think the teacher needs to be disciplined but hopes this can become a teaching moment that creates a larger discussion.

As for his son's answers, DeFouw said it only made him proud.

"The one for, 'Who is a racist?' he just wrote racists."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/kamloops-parent-says-high-school-assignment-used-to-push-political-views-onto-students/ar-BBNTROn?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/k ... ailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/kamloops-parent-says-high-school-assignment-used-to-push-political-views-onto-students/ar-BBNTROn?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout

Anonymous

Here is the "assignment".

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBNU1sx.img?h=689&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBNU6kS.img?h=1165&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"This country is becoming like Stalin's USSR and Goebbels Germany.

I never had kids, but I still can't wait to get out of this prognazi country.
QuoteMatt DeFouw says his son knows better than to text in class. But when a picture of a social studies worksheet popped up on his screen, the Kamloops father had to reply.

"Instantly, I was like, 'Wow, you have to bring that home,'" DeFouw said.

The purpose of the assignment was supposed to teach Grade 10 students at Valleyview Secondary School about the different views in partisan politics. Students were given a list of questions and were asked to answer either political left or right.

"Question No. 3 was, 'Which person is racist?'" DeFouw said. "The... correct answer was 'right-wing people.'"

Other descriptions tied to the right included: A person who believes that convicted murders should be hanged, that women should stay home and be mothers, and that Canada should restrict immigration.

DeFouw, who admits he is a right-wing conservative, said students should be taught that the political spectrum is much more complex.

"You have conservatives... being painted as misogynist, racist xenophobes who want to enact a brutal police state that hang people," he said.

The Kamloops-Thompson School District was alerted to a post that DeFouw put up on social media and has since spoken with the parent.

Assistant Supt. Bill Hamblett says the school district is investigating.

"It is an oversimplification of those very complex ideas, which we need to revisit with those students," said Hamblett.

Valleyview students told Global News they were uncomfortable with the questions on the worksheet.

"It's basically a teacher saying, 'This is my opinion -- learn it and it will be yours too,'" said one student.

"I feel giving us a worksheet like that, it's not really fair," said another.

DeFouw said that he does think the teacher needs to be disciplined but hopes this can become a teaching moment that creates a larger discussion.

As for his son's answers, DeFouw said it only made him proud.

"The one for, 'Who is a racist?' he just wrote racists."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/kamloops-parent-says-high-school-assignment-used-to-push-political-views-onto-students/ar-BBNTROn?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/k ... ailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/kamloops-parent-says-high-school-assignment-used-to-push-political-views-onto-students/ar-BBNTROn?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout

It's funny, secular people think private Christian schools brainwash students..

My children's school encourages them to think independently unlike public schools that tell them what to think.

Wazzzup

modern leftism is an ideological cancer and it is spreading throughout the west.  What's going in on the US, either is happening, or is going to happen, everywhere.  No western country is safe.

they should have added some questions

11.  A person who believes their views are so morally superior, that they have a right to use-- harassment, threats and violence-- on those with whom they disagree.

LEFT

12. A person who believes that political speech they don't like should be censored and often punished.

LEFT

13. A person who thinks that the primary purpose of the education system is to indoctrinate other people's children with  their values.

LEFT

14. A person who claims to be "against racism" but believes that all whites should be blamed and shamed for historical acts they took no part in, and Asians should be discriminated against in college admissions.

LEFT

15. A person who believes that any man accused of sexual misconduct is guilty until proven innocent, unless they are a prominent democrat.

LEFT

16. A person who thinks that black millionaires like Serena Williams are victims, and poor white appalachians have "white privilege"

LEFT

17. A person who believes that Christians are homophobic and sexist, but when Muslims kill gays and treat women like second class citizens, that's just fine.

LEFT

18. A person who thinks that Venezuela-like economic policies, even though they have ended in financial ruin,  should be enacted everywhere.

LEFT

19. A person who believes that when a person screams allahu akbar and murders several strangers that it has nothing to do with islam

LEFT

20. A person who believes burdensome and unfair carbon taxes on the middle class are going to fix "Climate change"

LEFT

Anonymous

I like Matt DeFouw's son's answer to the question what kind of people are racist?

He wrote racists.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"modern leftism is an ideological cancer and it is spreading throughout the west.  What's going in on the US, either is happening, or is going to happen, everywhere.  No western country is safe.

they should have added some questions

11.  A person who believes their views are so morally superior, that they have a right to use-- harassment, threats and violence-- on those with whom they disagree.

LEFT

12. A person who believes that political speech they don't like should be censored and often punished.

LEFT

13. A person who thinks that the primary purpose of the education system is to indoctrinate other people's children with  their values.

LEFT

14. A person who claims to be "against racism" but believes that all whites should be blamed and shamed for historical acts they took no part in, and Asians should be discriminated against in college admissions.

LEFT

15. A person who believes that any man accused of sexual misconduct is guilty until proven innocent, unless they are a prominent democrat.

LEFT

16. A person who thinks that black millionaires like Serena Williams are victims, and poor white appalachians have "white privilege"

LEFT

17. A person who believes that Christians are homophobic and sexist, but when Muslims kill gays and treat women like second class citizens, that's just fine.

LEFT

18. A person who thinks that Venezuela-like economic policies, even though they have ended in financial ruin,  should be enacted everywhere.

LEFT

19. A person who believes that when a person screams allahu akbar and murders several strangers that it has nothing to do with islam

LEFT

20. A person who believes burdensome and unfair carbon taxes on the middle class are going to fix "Climate change"

LEFT

Congratulations son, you get an A+.

I was watching the news this morning and there school board agrees it is deceitful and indoctrination. The little mind warping test is  gone.

They were interviewing students who agreed the teacher had no right to impose his prog beliefs on anyone. They also said it was bullshit.