News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8530
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Three Trump admin staffers kicked out of restaurants or heckled in a week.

Started by Frood, June 24, 2018, 05:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
conservatives?? Seoulbro is a conservative. Who would want live in a country full of corporate sellouts like him.

I'll take Confederates over Conservatives  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Blazor"
conservatives?? Seoulbro is a conservative. Who would want live in a country full of corporate sellouts like him.

I didn't know what terminology to use.  I generally think of myself as an anti progressive and an old school JFK type liberal.

So I'll restate--I would like to see the country divided-- the liberal prog lefties on one half and the sane people on the other half.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"What happened to Sarah Huckabee Sanders at a restaurant?

I'd look it up, but I'm a little busy today to skim through dozens of editorials about the incident.

She and her family went to a restaurant in Lexington and had a booking. They sat down, ordered, possibly had drinks, and their waiter recognized her then notified the owner 2 or 3 minutes later. The owner asked her staff their thoughts on it and decided to pull Sanders aside and inform her that she and her family were not welcome to dine there because she found her positions immoral relative to the work done in the Trump admin.

Sanders gathered her family and went quietly. They offered to pay for what they had already consumed and were told free of charge. Basically a just leave.

Sanders didn't bring up the incident until the waiter or a waiter tweeted about it and it picked up media coverage.

Her response was that it reflected more on the owner than it did on her and her family.

I heard the rationale for doing that was that the supreme court ruled a baker didn't have to make a cake for a gay couple?

I was under the impression that the baker had no problem making a cake for them but he wasn't going to decorate it in a gay wedding manner. That would have been left to the couple to do.

If Sanders and her family were wearing Maga hats, talking in public about Trump or conservative values while at the restaurant, I could see why the owner might take umbrage with them. As it stands, they don't appear to have done anything like that and were just there to eat as a family.

I don't see any similarities between the two happenings.

The baker wasn't spiteful. The restaurant owner was.
 All good points

BTW there is apparently even more to the story now.  The owner of the restaurant that banned Sarah Huckabee Sanders, organized a mob and followed her family to their next restaurant where they yelled and screamed at them, Former Governor Mike Huckabee said Monday.

QuoteWhile national media have reported Sarah Sanders' ouster from the restaurant on Friday, "There's a part of that story that has not been told," Mike Huckabee told radio host Laura Ingraham on Monday:

"Once Sarah and her family left – of course Sarah was asked to please vacate – Sarah and her husband just went home, they'd had enough. But, the rest of her family went across the street to a different restaurant.

"The owner of the Red Hen – nobody's told this – then followed them across the street, called people and organized a protest, yelling and screaming at them from outside the other restaurant and creating this scene."

A family member - who is ardently anti-Trump – then went outside to confront and rebuke her fellow liberals, Huckabee says:

"One of the members of Sarah's in-laws who were there – by the way, most of her in-laws, not her mother in-law and father in-law, but most of them are very liberal. And, one of them walked out and said: 'Look, I don't like Trump. I'm not a supporter. I'm a far – considered liberal – but, you guys are embarrassing me and you're not helping your cause.'" (the incredibly rare decent liberal who is almost as scarce as bigfoot these days)

"It was ironic, and he said, 'Sarah's not even here; you're yelling and screaming at somebody who's not here.'"

Huckabee warned that Americans need to be wary of how dangerous this type of harassment is:

"This is what the Left has been reduced to – it's really tragic. And, it is dangerous and that's what I think people need to recognize."

At the rate this is going somebody will probably get killed soon.  These progs and the media are clearly unhinged and escalating wildly.

Angry White Male

One must be careful who you start following around, especially in States with "Stand Your Ground" laws...

cc

QuoteThese progs and the media are clearly unhinged and escalating wildly.

We are rapidly heading for a really bad place .. and for the long term
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
QuoteThese progs and the media are clearly unhinged and escalating wildly.

We are rapidly heading for a really bad place .. and for the long term

That's inevitable.

Anonymous

Sarah Sanders was there to eat with her family, not speak for the president.

JOE

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"ICE team members doxxed online.

Stormy Horsefaced Daniels is hanging out at the border teaching young children how to suck and put things inside themself when not standing besides Kathy Thick as Shit Griffiths for bird flinging selfies.

Tom Arnold is threatening to visit Trump family youth at their schools.

And countless other incidents and outbursts by dumb media, Hollywood, and political types all vying for the mob pack limelight.

Progressives have officially lost their marbles and I smell conflict coming. Real conflict. Physical conflict between neighbours and whole regions.

It's unfortunate but needs to happen IMHO

I'd say the Republican Right and the Democratic Left in America are just as bad as the other.

Worse yet, there's no leader on the horizon who is able to balance these extremes.

The last good President who was able to strike a balance between them was Bill Clinton.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"

Stormy Horsefaced Daniels is hanging out at the border teaching young children how to suck and put things inside themself when not standing besides Kathy Thick as Shit Griffiths for bird flinging selfies.

And countless other incidents and outbursts by dumb media, Hollywood, and political types all vying for the mob pack limelight.

Progressives have officially lost their marbles and I smell conflict coming. Real conflict. Physical conflict between neighbours and whole regions.

I'd say the Republican Right and the Democratic Left in America are just as bad as the other.

Worse yet, there's no leader on the horizon who is able to balance these extremes.

The last good President who was able to strike a balance between them was Bill Clinton.

You are living in the past old timer. There aint no more right and left in the good old US of A. There's progressives and everything else are nazis.

cc

cc

Quote from: "Herman"
You are living in the past old timer. There aint no more right and left in the good old US of A.

There's progressives and everything else are nazis.

EXACTLY!! Left/ Right IS the past ... long gone now ... stuff for stupes a few laps behind the action to yabber about  ... And it's far worse than you describe Herm .. and I suspect you know that. The right has no meaning anymore so far as what is going on now ... the prog left is out of control and all alone now  .. and it gets worse every day now

I have bad feelings as to where progs are taking this. They do not want democracy ... they thought 0bama set them up to retain ABSOLUTE power forever after (and that almost happened)  ... and "something" took their "power forever" dream away and they will NEVER get over it ... And that's All it's about .... and will continue to escalate with things never seen before

That's the only thing that is going on now ... but I fear they will take it to levels never imagined ... in fact that has already started ... but in relation to where it will go it has barely started

This is all heading to a VERY bad place

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna".

Don't get difficult like CC does now, you hear?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "JOE"

You are living in the past old timer. There aint no more right and left in the good old US of A. There's progressives and everything else are nazis.

hmm

Blazor

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Blazor"

I didn't know what terminology to use.  I generally think of myself as an anti progressive and an old school JFK type liberal.

So I'll restate--I would like to see the country divided-- the liberal prog lefties on one half and the sane people on the other half.

:laugh:

:thumbup:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.