The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Conservatives Rip Trudeau For Refusing To Acknowledge Genocide Of Christians In The Middle East

Started by Wazzzup, June 26, 2018, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

The longer Justin Trudeau is in power, the more people are noticing a recurring trend.

When it comes to criticism of radical islamism, Justin Trudeau immediately denounces it as "islamophobia," seeking to shut down any discussion whatsoever.

But when it comes to persecution against other faiths, particularly Christianity, Trudeau is silent.

That was seen once again in Trudeau's response to a question about why the government is failing to recognize the fact that Christians in the middle east have been subjected to a genocide at the hands of ISIS.

On Twitter, Andrew Scheer said "Justin Trudeau's failure to stand up against the persecution of Christians and other minorities around the world is completely unacceptable. Canada's Conservatives will always defend human rights and the freedom of religion, at home and abroad."

Here's what Conservative MP Garnett Genuis said after Question Period:

"Today in Question Period I asked the Prime Minister to acknowledge the persecution of Christians in the Middle East and to recognize that Christians were victims of genocide at the hands of Daesh/ISIS. The Prime Minister did not answer the question at all, and would not even use the word "Christian" in his response. The government's response to minority persecution around the world has been underwhelming, but on issues impacting Christians in particular, they have steadfastly refused to engage at all."

Trudeau's double standard is disturbing, because he not only is refusing to address the threat of radical Islamism, but is failing to impartially stand for a faith still practiced by the largest number of Canadians.

Once again, we see that Trudeau's supposed defence of 'human rights' is selective and based only on his political agenda – not any real conviction or courage.[/quote]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"The longer Justin Trudeau is in power, the more people are noticing a recurring trend.

When it comes to criticism of radical islamism, Justin Trudeau immediately denounces it as "islamophobia," seeking to shut down any discussion whatsoever.

But when it comes to persecution against other faiths, particularly Christianity, Trudeau is silent.

That was seen once again in Trudeau's response to a question about why the government is failing to recognize the fact that Christians in the middle east have been subjected to a genocide at the hands of ISIS.

On Twitter, Andrew Scheer said "Justin Trudeau's failure to stand up against the persecution of Christians and other minorities around the world is completely unacceptable. Canada's Conservatives will always defend human rights and the freedom of religion, at home and abroad."

"Today in Question Period I asked the Prime Minister to acknowledge the persecution of Christians in the Middle East and to recognize that Christians were victims of genocide at the hands of Daesh/ISIS. The Prime Minister did not answer the question at all, and would not even use the word "Christian" in his response. The government's response to minority persecution around the world has been underwhelming, but on issues impacting Christians in particular, they have steadfastly refused to engage at all."

Trudeau's double standard is disturbing, because he not only is refusing to address the threat of radical Islamism, but is failing to impartially stand for a faith still practiced by the largest number of Canadians.

Once again, we see that Trudeau's supposed defence of 'human rights' is selective and based only on his political agenda – not any real conviction or courage.
[/quote]
Trudeau has double standards. :swoon:

Anonymous

Trudeau is in denial about several things and the persecution of minority faiths in the Middle East is just one of them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"The longer Justin Trudeau is in power, the more people are noticing a recurring trend.

Once again, we see that Trudeau's supposed defence of 'human rights' is selective and based only on his political agenda – not any real conviction or courage.
[/quote]
I know many Christians who  believe Trudeau hates them..

This refusal to acknowledge the obvious situation of Christians in the Middle East and the discriminatory summer jobs attestation being another.

Rancidmilko

Remember when some effeminate pussy could never be the president of one of the world's greatest nations?

Some say time have changed. I believe they are always changing.

And for a couple decades, the liberals discourse grew a lot stronger than the conservative voice.

I abhor George Bush, his war in Iraq for no good reasons and the disastrous economy only allowed the liberals to almost suffocate everything else.

And you got the Obamas.

Well, Trump winning means one thing. People are getting sick of liberals.

And the trend is happening everywhere. The political incorrect candidates are the new thing. Brazil might elect one just like Trump. It better, otherwise, it's civil war or Venezuela

Even in Europe. Some countries might be in worse shape but I still believe in some sort of reaction.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"Remember when some effeminate pussy could never be the president of one of the world's greatest nations?

Some say time have changed. I believe they are always changing.

And for a couple decades, the liberals discourse grew a lot stronger than the conservative voice.

I abhor George Bush, his war in Iraq for no good reasons and the disastrous economy only allowed the liberals to almost suffocate everything else.

And you got the Obamas.

Well, Trump winning means one thing. People are getting sick of liberals.

And the trend is happening everywhere. The political incorrect candidates are the new thing. Brazil might elect one just like Trump. It better, otherwise, it's civil war or Venezuela

Even in Europe. Some countries might be in worse shape but I still believe in some sort of reaction.

I think this is correct.  And I certainly hope it is.  If ever there is a movement that deserved a backlash it is PC liberalism.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I know many Christians who  believe Trudeau hates them..

This refusal to acknowledge the obvious situation of Christians in the Middle East and the discriminatory summer jobs attestation being another.[/quote]

IMO most progs dislike christians along with whites, especially males.  I'm tempted to spam my caste pyramid again, but I think everybody has seen it enough by now. :laugh3:

What is the summer jobs attestation?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

IMO most progs dislike christians along with whites, especially males.  I'm tempted to spam my caste pyramid again, but I think everybody has seen it enough by now. :laugh3:

It's a violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights.

OTTAWA — Groups across the country are facing a cash crisis after they were initially rejected for a Canada Summer Jobs grant for refusing to sign a controversial attestation to respect abortion rights.

Millions of dollars are at stake, and some organizations are preparing urgent fundraising campaigns. The federal grants are discretionary, but many groups have received the funding every year for a decade or more. In effect, they feel they're being defunded for refusing to sign the attestation that says their "core mandate" must respect abortion rights, along with other rights around sexuality and gender.

Service Canada has told the groups they can resubmit with the full attestation, and some are making a second try by requesting accommodation for their religion and conscience. But unless the government backs down, their applications will be rejected again.

For the Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto alone, the impact on their nearly 30 parishes and charities is $1.1 million in grant applications. "We're kind of in limbo right now, but obviously making contingency plans," said spokesman Neil MacCarthy.

Youth for Christ's chapters across Canada have used the grants for years to fund more than 100 student jobs annually. Toronto City Mission, which runs day camps in impoverished neighbourhoods, received $70,000 last year for 16 positions. Winnipeg's Centerpoint Church has used the grants for 24 years to hire two summer students; Mill Bay Baptist Church on Vancouver Island used a grant last year to hire a First Nations student. All have seen their applications sent back this year over the attestation.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/groups-scramble-for-replacement-funding-after-dissenting-on-canada-summer-jobs-abortion-attestation">http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/g ... ttestation">http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/groups-scramble-for-replacement-funding-after-dissenting-on-canada-summer-jobs-abortion-attestation

Wazzzup

OTTAWA — Groups across the country are facing a cash crisis after they were initially rejected for a Canada Summer Jobs grant for refusing to sign a controversial attestation to respect abortion rights.

Millions of dollars are at stake, and some organizations are preparing urgent fundraising campaigns. The federal grants are discretionary, but many groups have received the funding every year for a decade or more. In effect, they feel they're being defunded for refusing to sign the attestation that says their "core mandate" must respect abortion rights, along with other rights around sexuality and gender.

Service Canada has told the groups they can resubmit with the full attestation, and some are making a second try by requesting accommodation for their religion and conscience. But unless the government backs down, their applications will be rejected again.

For the Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto alone, the impact on their nearly 30 parishes and charities is $1.1 million in grant applications. "We're kind of in limbo right now, but obviously making contingency plans," said spokesman Neil MacCarthy.

Youth for Christ's chapters across Canada have used the grants for years to fund more than 100 student jobs annually. Toronto City Mission, which runs day camps in impoverished neighbourhoods, received $70,000 last year for 16 positions. Winnipeg's Centerpoint Church has used the grants for 24 years to hire two summer students; Mill Bay Baptist Church on Vancouver Island used a grant last year to hire a First Nations student. All have seen their applications sent back this year over the attestation.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/groups-scramble-for-replacement-funding-after-dissenting-on-canada-summer-jobs-abortion-attestation">http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/g ... ttestation">http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/groups-scramble-for-replacement-funding-after-dissenting-on-canada-summer-jobs-abortion-attestation

That clearly is a violation of religious freedom.  Do you know whether the courts have taken it up at all?

cc

There is a lot of authoritarian 1984 in this summer issue here .. along with other items

Similar "compliance to authority" is the very few non islamic refugees everywhere in the West.

There is no way they can logically or ethically justify any of it it, but we have reached a point in Western society where justification of actions is no longer a needed .. often not even a consideration ... It's only about what they want
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

That clearly is a violation of religious freedom.  Do you know whether the courts have taken it up at all?

I haven't heard of any court challenges yet.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"There is a lot of authoritarian 1984 in this summer issue here .. along with other items

Similar "compliance to authority" is the very few non islamic refugees everywhere in the West.

There is no way they can logically or ethically justify any of it it, but we have reached a point in Western society where justification of actions is no longer a needed .. often not even a consideration ... It's only about what they want
It's a tyranny often of the minority (i.e. politicians ignoring majorities or angry tantruming mobs overruling majorities) Its accomplished not by argument, nor logical persuasion, but by bullying people into submission.  the false bigotry card being the weapon in most cases.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"There is a lot of authoritarian 1984 in this summer issue here .. along with other items

It's a tyranny often of the minority (i.e. politicians ignoring majorities or angry tantruming mobs overruling majorities) Its accomplished not by argument, nor logical persuasion, but by bullying people into submission.  the false bigotry card being the weapon in most cases.

That's what has held up building the Transmountain pipeline expansion. Most people in Canada, including BC support it, but well financed protesters, many from the US have blocked it from being built so far.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
I haven't heard of any court challenges yet.

There are many groups taking this trashing of the Charter by our prime minister to court.

Legal fight over summer jobs attestation grows as religious, business groups file new challenges

The new challenges move beyond the right to advocate against abortion, and more squarely into arguments about religious freedom and compelled speech.

A separate Federal Court case was filed on Tuesday by Sarnia Concrete Products Ltd., which argues the attestation tried to force it to align with "a particular position on abortion, a controversial moral, ethical and social issue and perhaps the most politically divisive issue in Canada."

"As a for-profit corporation, Sarnia Concrete does not have a position or opinion on abortion or other political, moral, ethical and social issues completely unrelated to its business," the notice of application says.

Sarnia Concrete's CEO, Roy Botma, declined to comment. Botma has served on the boards of numerous Christian organizations, including a private school called Redeemer University College, but the court challenge is focused on the right of his concrete business to stay neutral on such issues as abortion.

The court challenge was announced by a group called Free To Do Business, which held a news conference in Ottawa on Tuesday to say more businesses are preparing to file similar challenges. Its spokesperson is Tamara Jansen, a B.C.-based businesswoman who has been publicly involved with anti-abortion activism and sits on the executive of the Conservative riding association in Langley-Aldergrove. However, Jansen said she is doing this work independently and the organization is not affiliated with any anti-abortion, religious, or political organization.

"I'm very involved in a lot of different things," she said. "This specifically, what we're coming here for, is about the idea that we're fighting for equitable access to government programs for small business."

There are almost certainly more legal battles to come, as Christian charities and other faith-based groups rejected for grants weigh their options and decide on a strategy. Some have been eyeing civil lawsuits, others considering a human rights tribunal case based on discriminatory government spending. But they have longer timelines to file those cases, whereas Federal Court applications have to be filed within 30 days of grants being rejected; final rejection letters were sent at the end of May.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/legal-fight-over-summer-jobs-attestation-grows-as-religious-business-groups-file-new-challenges">https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... challenges">https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/legal-fight-over-summer-jobs-attestation-grows-as-religious-business-groups-file-new-challenges

Anonymous