The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

B12 injections

Started by Berry Sweet, June 26, 2018, 06:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Despite how bad it looks from all the competition we see everyday, there are still some areas where you're in control, from trying to find and source from a supplier that gives you the edge in pricing compared to the competitors, marketing, connections, making your own brand, designing and manufacturing your own products.

I was sitting in the walk-in clinic some time ago, and overheard two older gents as they had a chat in there (one was coming, and the other was going, but obviously they knew each other)...

It became clear to me that the one guy was quite well off in his retirement, and then I found out what he did...  He was the importer of Iams pet food into Canada.  Obviously this had treated him well...

Lol just hope it isn't from China, jk  :001_tongue:  One of the good thing about online wholesaling & retailing is ppl don't need to cover a wide area to be successful, thanks to the search engine as you guys know, everyone just needs to do there part and seek holes to fill out before others finds out their secret, lol.  I remember 15 years ago there were this one man making $300,000 CAD a year just selling ice wine to China, though I'm sure today he'll struggle to just make just 5% of that initial profit.  But yea, the whole thing to success is are people willing to do their market research and doing it non-stop since no niche lasts forever.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"Tell everyone here...opportunities are everywhere if you know where to look.

Yep, it's just a matter if people are willing to source things out side the box.  The last thing people should ever do is the same thing thousands of others are doing.  :001_tongue:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Despite how bad it looks from all the competition we see everyday, there are still some areas where you're in control, from trying to find and source from a supplier that gives you the edge in pricing compared to the competitors, marketing, connections, making your own brand, designing and manufacturing your own products.

I was sitting in the walk-in clinic some time ago, and overheard two older gents as they had a chat in there (one was coming, and the other was going, but obviously they knew each other)...

It became clear to me that the one guy was quite well off in his retirement, and then I found out what he did...  He was the importer of Iams pet food into Canada.  Obviously this had treated him well...

Lol just hope it isn't from China, jk  :001_tongue:  One of the good things about online wholesaling & retailing is ppl don't need to cover a wide area to be successful, thanks to the search engine as you guys know, everyone just needs to do there part and seek holes to fill out before others finds out their secret, lol.  I remember 15 years ago there were this one man making $300,000 CAD a year just selling ice wine to China, though I'm sure today he'll struggle to just make just 5% of that initial profit.  But yea, the whole thing to success is are people willing to do their market research and doing it non-stop since no niche lasts forever.  ac_cool

Has the Niagara ice wine fad in Japan, China and Korea ended?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Lol just hope it isn't from China, jk  :001_tongue:  One of the good things about online wholesaling & retailing is ppl don't need to cover a wide area to be successful, thanks to the search engine as you guys know, everyone just needs to do there part and seek holes to fill out before others finds out their secret, lol.  I remember 15 years ago there were this one man making $300,000 CAD a year just selling ice wine to China, though I'm sure today he'll struggle to just make just 5% of that initial profit.  But yea, the whole thing to success is are people willing to do their market research and doing it non-stop since no niche lasts forever.  ac_cool

hmm I can't be too sure since I'm not too familiar with wine, but I have a feeling every distributer of alcohol today would not hesitate to sell ice wine to those 3 countries.  :001_tongue:

Anonymous

hmm I can't be too sure since I'm not too familiar with wine, but I have a feeling every distributer of alcohol today would not hesitate to sell ice wine to those 3 countries.  :001_tongue:

So, Niagara ice wine may still be popular in Asia, but the competition among importers is greater today.

Zetsu

So, Niagara ice wine may still be popular in Asia, but the competition among importers is greater today.

Yep, incoming competition is bound to happen, this is why it's important to keep the products we sell low profile as possible lol, like Mel for an example just gave me some critical tip about some retired man selling pet food, if I had some interests in selling pet food, that old man might be in for some change in his business portfolio.

Berry Sweet

I didn't get a chance to get my b12 this week :( it's been busy...I really do need it...I'm burnt from everything....argghh!!

Anonymous

Yep, incoming competition is bound to happen, this is why it's important to keep the products we sell low profile as possible lol, like Mel for an example just gave me some critical tip about some retired man selling pet food, if I had some interests in selling pet food, that old man might be in for some change in his business portfolio.

How can you be successful and keep a low profile? I don't know your business, but I would think you need a high profile to generate sales.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"

How can you be successful and keep a low profile? I don't know your business, but I would think you need a high profile to generate sales.

Usually people that need the product will buy it for sure and will come to you for it instead of having to pay for advertisement, in the past BBQ grills were a niche that no one bothered or thought of selling but happen to be in demand every summer, ppl making as much as $90 USD selling just one unit.  It's just a matter if ppl look and search hard enough for a niche product, ppl can make a living by just selling 2-3 types of items, though it's rare but not entirely impossible.

Anonymous

Usually people that need the product will buy it for sure and will come to you for it instead of having to pay for advertisement, in the past BBQ grills were a niche that no one bothered or thought of selling but happen to be in demand every summer, ppl making as much as $90 USD selling just one unit.  It's just a matter if ppl look and search hard enough for a niche product, ppl can make a living by just selling 2-3 types of items, though it's rare but not entirely impossible.

But, how do they know you sell bbq's if you have a low profile. That is what I am getting at. A low profile means people don't know you and the products you offer.

Zetsu

But, how do they know you sell bbq's if you have a low profile. That is what I am getting at. A low profile means people don't know you and the products you offer.

I mean low profile as in general trying not to tell anyone that the product is a niche or have a higher demand than it's supply.  All you have to do is list the item on your website linked to any google or bing, amazon, taobao, ebay, aliexpress, tophatter, etc.

Anonymous

I mean low profile as in general trying not to tell anyone that the product is a niche or have a higher demand than it's supply.  All you have to do is list the item on your website linked to any google or bing, amazon, taobao, ebay, aliexpress, tophatter, etc.

Few items seem niche anymore. I look for something on ebay or bonanza and there are fifty people selling the same product. Most are probably buying it from the same wholesaler.

Zetsu

Few items seem niche anymore. I look for something on ebay or bonanza and there are fifty people selling the same product. Most are probably buying it from the same wholesaler.

It's definitely pretty competitive out there, tried online retailing 10 years ago and just couldn't manage to suceed, but that's mainly b/c of my mental disablity and ended up just working for my dad isntead, but somehow I'm iching to try this business again but this time dragging my brother with me, lol.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I didn't get a chance to get my b12 this week :( it's been busy...I really do need it...I'm burnt from everything....argghh!!

Why do you "need" it? Are you deficient?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Zetsu"It's definitely pretty competitive out there, tried online retailing 10 years ago and just couldn't manage to suceed, but that's mainly b/c of my mental disablity and ended up just working for my dad isntead, but somehow I'm iching to try this business again but this time dragging my brother with me, lol.

Competition is fierce everywhere, especially in business.  Sometimes the 'average Joe' forgets that, and thinks that every small business owner has it easy.  Problem is, these days profit margins are often razor thin, and you'll work long hours just to earn that little bit.

Some people get lucky, but most don't really.  Wal Mart runs well on razor thin profit margins, but that's just because they can make up for that with volume...

VOLUME is the key these days.