Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

OK Beatles fans...

Started by Bricktop, July 02, 2018, 04:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"Because you're as American as apple pie, gun slaughter, corruption and opioid abuse.

:crazy:

You must be coming down from that UK Scotch blackout bender
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Overrated stuff

Ya, I would say so.

A glorified 60's UK boy band mixing in African American music inspirations and looking to be wealthy heartthrobs, then later wealthy douchebags with retarded political views.

The Stones were far more talented than the Beetles.

I think they were both very good.

But the Beatles got there first so they became the most recognized, influential and everybody copied them.

As they say the early bird gets the worm!

Yes, for a while.

JOE

Here's a song written by Paul McCartney when he was still with the Beatles tho it was not performed by them. It reminds me a lot of a man I recently met perhaps close to Bricktops age. About a fool chasing money thinking it will make him happy and all his problems will disapoear id he had bucketfuls of money

">

Bricktop

Some of McCartney's ditties were a little silly and rather banal. This is one of them.

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"Some of McCartney's ditties were a little silly and rather banal. This is one of them.

Actually I thought it was a very good song because it reminded me a lot of this individual I know...spot on.

He's this 70 -75 year old guy throwing his money around thinking he can bag a chick (or wife) 1/3 his age & buy their love. Of course she left him after 3 months & took his money. She 'married' him for his passport too.

Ironically McCartney was somewhat to make the same kind of mistake later in life with a costly divorce to a 2nd wife worth millions.

Bricktop

Its a good song, but its not a Beatles song...neither were Obli di, Obli da, When I'm 64, Let It be, and perhaps Rocky Raccoon.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Its a good song, but its not a Beatles song...neither were Obli di, Obli da, When I'm 64, Let It be, and perhaps Rocky Raccoon.

The Beatles produced so much crap music.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Its a good song, but its not a Beatles song...neither were Obli di, Obli da, When I'm 64, Let It be, and perhaps Rocky Raccoon.

And a lot of good.

Perhaps measured by today's standards, their music was simplistic, banal and a bit basic.

But in 1963 it blew everything else away, and provided the inspiration and foundation for almost ALL modern popular music. Its hard to tell now, but in those days the Beatles broke all the rules, challenged convention artistically and socially, and developed variations and innovations that can be heard by so called "new" music in 2018. You may not like their songs, but their importance to the artistic and social development of music cannot be argued.

I guess you had to be there...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

And a lot of good.

Perhaps measured by today's standards, their music was simplistic, banal and a bit basic.

But in 1963 it blew everything else away, and provided the inspiration and foundation for almost ALL modern popular music. Its hard to tell now, but in those days the Beatles broke all the rules, challenged convention artistically and socially, and developed variations and innovations that can be heard by so called "new" music in 2018. You may not like their songs, but their importance to the artistic and social development of music cannot be argued.

I guess you had to be there...

Ya, so people say.

Bricktop

You youngsters don't appreciate GOOD MUSIC!!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"You youngsters don't appreciate GOOD MUSIC!!!!

Many people appreciate what the Beatles have contributed to music even if they don't like their music.

Bricktop

I know.

I was repeating the line our parents used on us when we started listening to the Beatles.

They hated it.

caskur

Come off it... Rock-n-roll has been around since the 1950s... a decade before I was born... My 77 year old mum loved rock-n-roll...

Mum would have turned 78 tomorrow but she died this past April...

the Beatles were good but there were other groups equally as good.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Herman's Hermits were good...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Herman's Hermits were good...

They were not my Hermits.