Replies: 7549
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:10:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

New phones like the Galaxy...

Started by Angry White Male, July 06, 2018, 09:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I was always a BlackBerry user long after they fell out of favour, as I did prefer a physical keyboard.  However, as time went on I "went modern" and bought a Samsung Galaxy.

Here's my fucking problem...  I can understand maximizing screen size for maximum coverage, but when the god damned screen goes right to the very edge of the case/body, how the fuck is one supposed to hold the fucking thing?

Every fucking day I lose count as to how many apps/windows or whatever I've opened accidentally just by handling the fucking thing.  Even locking the fucking screen usually leads to some shit opening, as I have to handle the fucking phone to lock it.

This is one of the worst designs I've ever seen.  How could they design a phone, which is meant to be held in the fucking hand, with a touch screen right to the very edge where the fingers happen to go when handling it?

May look for a different design, or go back to BlackBerry if I have to.

Angry White Male

After a Google search, it appears that I'm not the only one to miss a proper bezel on a phone.  To extend a touch screen into the area where you hold the thing is purely idiotic (but it sure looks nice I guess)...

Odinson

Angry White Male

Odinson

Quote from: "Angry White Male"A5, but they're all the same!

I have the A8..

I have learned not to open apps accidentally.

Angry White Male

I need a phone with a damn bezel!  I'm old school...

Odinson

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I need a phone with a damn bezel!  I'm old school...

Galaxy A5 has a bezel.. Its just narrow.

You´ll get used to it.

Angry White Male

It just doesn't work properly.  I miss my old BlackBerry in that regard.  The problem with BlackBerry, was even something simple like uploading pics to the computer was a fucking chore...

Odinson

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It just doesn't work properly.  I miss my old BlackBerry in that regard.  The problem with BlackBerry, was even something simple like uploading pics to the computer was a fucking chore...

I have big hands and clumsy sausage fingers and I learned not to press all buttons at once..

You can do it too..

Frood

Buy a silicon protector for the back and sides. Raises your hands away from the screen
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I have a protector.  It doesn't help.

I need to go back in time, like Marty McFly, and get a fucking cell that is designed proper...

Frood

Spigen brand is the best for Galaxy phones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Silicone-Ultimate-Protection-2017-573CS21143-Black/dp/B01N6EEBIV">https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Silicon ... B01N6EEBIV">https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Silicone-Ultimate-Protection-2017-573CS21143-Black/dp/B01N6EEBIV
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I want a fucking phone I can hold and handle, without having to worry about opening 10 fucking 'Apps.'

They used to make them.

Frood

Get the Spigen. I use them. Has saved my phone from drops heaps also and no accidental touchscreen issues.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I knew things were becoming dumb when "App" became a household name regarding phones...

Made me sick.  As someone that spent hours programming shit into a Commode 64, I know what an 'Application' is...

Now I get a piece of shit phone with 'Apps'.  A fucking phone that I cannot even hold properly to talk to people with.