News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Seatbelts, Commercial Vehicles, and Cops...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 11, 2018, 02:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Blazor"I miss those days when I was a kid, not wearing a seat belt. Sitting in the passenger side of my moms Thunderbird on my knees so I could let my mullet blow in the wind while I hung out the window in my sleeveless rock tshirt lol.

My truck makes loud noises if you don't wear your belt. It drives me crazy, so I wear it even when I'm working on my farm.

Like dings and alarms going off? Might be a way to disable it.

Easy way is to go to the wreckers and cut out the seatbelt bit to permanently stay on in your vehicle. I hate 4x4 driving in the bush with a belt on.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Blazor"I miss those days when I was a kid, not wearing a seat belt. Sitting in the passenger side of my moms Thunderbird on my knees so I could let my mullet blow in the wind while I hung out the window in my sleeveless rock tshirt lol.

When I was a kid, and I'm pretty close to your age, we could still ride in the back of a truck bed around here!

That changed though, sometime in the late 1980's.  Not sure exactly when that change happened, but sometime around there.  Even though seatbelt laws were on the books here since the early 1980's, I don't think they were really heavily enforced until many years later.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Easy way is to go to the wreckers and cut out the seatbelt bit to permanently stay on in your vehicle. I hate 4x4 driving in the bush with a belt on.

On most US vehicles, the chimes can be disabled, as I can do on my Mustang.  You're still left with the dash light on, but no noises...

I used to own a 4X4 (You call 'em Ute's, right?)  First thing that came off when I hit the dirt was the fucking belt.  I needed freedom to lean out the window for obstacles, etc!

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Easy way is to go to the wreckers and cut out the seatbelt bit to permanently stay on in your vehicle. I hate 4x4 driving in the bush with a belt on.

On most US vehicles, the chimes can be disabled, as I can do on my Mustang.  You're still left with the dash light on, but no noises...

I used to own a 4X4 (You call 'em Ute's, right?)  First thing that came off when I hit the dirt was the fucking belt.  I needed freedom to look out the window for obstacles, etc.

Exactly.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The federal government will make seatbelts mandatory on all new buses.

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I hate 4x4 driving in the bush with a belt on.

I know how you feel, I have a Jeep lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

When I was a kid, and I'm pretty close to your age, we could still ride in the back of a truck bed around here!

That changed though, sometime in the late 1980's.  Not sure exactly when that change happened, but sometime around there.  Even though seatbelt laws were on the books here since the early 1980's, I don't think they were really heavily enforced until many years later.

Yup! Was the same for me. Those days were awesome. We will never get the 80s back  :sad:

Now you can ride in the back, if there is a seat installed with a belt. Crazy.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Sometimes I see dogs riding in the back of trucks here in the city.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Sometimes I see dogs riding in the back of trucks here in the city.

That is common here, and is OK as long as the dog is somehow tethered to the vehicle.

I used to take a friends dog for a drive and a walk, because the poor thing never got out.  Had a pickup at the time with a sliding rear window, and would just run the leash through and click the center seat belt around the loop.

Was actually pulled over once, because the cop wasn't sure dog was tethered.  Cop was satisfied with how dog was secured once he could see how it was done.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"The federal government will make seatbelts mandatory on all new buses.

Installation will be mandatory starting in 2020.

How their use will be governed will be up to the Provinces, since each Province sets its own Motor Vehicle Acts regulations...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Too long, didn't read?  

Officer friendly needs to stop worrying about my personal safety, since I don't wear a seat belt properly anyhow.  The ticket earnings he gets from us may look good to his superiors, but does nothing for road safety.

If I read anything long it has to be history or biology related.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Brown towels to hide the skid marks eh?

Learn to edit your posts properly.

When I furnished this place, I went with a darker theme for everything.  May not go so dark next time.  Shows everything...

Is the missing comma driving you bananas?

Chuck Bronson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Sometimes I see dogs riding in the back of trucks here in the city.

That is common here, and is OK as long as the dog is somehow tethered to the vehicle.

I used to take a friends dog for a drive and a walk, because the poor thing never got out.  Had a pickup at the time with a sliding rear window, and would just run the leash through and click the center seat belt around the loop.

Was actually pulled over once, because the cop wasn't sure dog was tethered.  Cop was satisfied with how dog was secured once he could see how it was done.

When our dog was younger, my husband would take her for drives in his company pick up truck..

But, only in the cab.

Chuck Bronson

Bed is OK, as long as the tether prevents dog from jumping out of bed.  That's why they implemented the rule, as a couple of dogs had jumped out to their deaths...