The best topic

Replies: 10495
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:44:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"We had a pair on our front lawn this morning, having bugs for breakfast.

We could walk up to about three metres of them before they withdrew. Cheeky buggers.

I live very close to Fremantle cemetery and that place is awash with galahs, rainbow lorikeets, a red-tailed black cockatoos... sadly shitty ravens as well...lol

I was trying to get the silly things posing for me so I could wow the other photographers on fb but alas, I failed again...lol
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Bricktop"We had a pair on our front lawn this morning, having bugs for breakfast.

We could walk up to about three metres of them before they withdrew. Cheeky buggers.

I live very close to Fremantle cemetery and that place is awash with galahs, rainbow lorikeets, a red-tailed black cockatoos... sadly shitty ravens as well...lol

I was trying to get the silly things posing for me so I could wow the other photographers on fb but alas, I failed again...lol

If that doesn't get Fash back here, nothing will.

Anonymous

What a lovely picture caskur.

caskur

Funny little things they are.

My sister lives in the next block to me and has them nesting in a dead tree in her front yard.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Funny little things they are.

My sister lives in the next block to me and has them nesting in a dead tree in her front yard.

She's so lucky.

caskur

What's happening in WA now, the wild orchids are popping up.

I'll be trying to hunt them down.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"What's happening in WA now, the wild orchids are popping up.

Is that unusual at this time of year?

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"What's happening in WA now, the wild orchids are popping up.

No... its winter so the rain makes the plants start to germinate... well be getting wildflower after wildflower for the next 6 months.

We've hardly had any rain this year. it's really tragic.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

No... its winter so the rain makes the plants start to germinate... well be getting wildflower after wildflower for the next 6 months.

I see.

caskur

I see.

Jandakot Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jun

358.2mm

44.1 Day(s)

Total For 2019

187.0mm

31 Day(s
)

Total To This Day 2018

309.8mm

35 Day(s)

Wettest Day

32.6mm

Jun 7

Lowest Temperature

-0.1°C

May 19

Highest Temperature

42.0°C

Jan 20

Basically we've had only 50% of rain to the average.

I'm going down the river soon.... Yesterdays sunrise was VERY colourful I don't want any houses in my way.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Just got back from a sojourn... river, beach and cemetery. I went to the cemetery to see how the Black Cockies are doing and they weren't there. This Straw-necked Ibis was though.

https://www.facebook.com/1664713407110872/photos/pb.1664713407110872.-2207520000.1561083598./2331569473758592/?type=3&theater">https://www.facebook.com/16647134071108 ... =3&theater">https://www.facebook.com/1664713407110872/photos/pb.1664713407110872.-2207520000.1561083598./2331569473758592/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/1664713407110872/photos/pb.1664713407110872.-2207520000.1561083598./2331569470425259/?type=3&theater">https://www.facebook.com/16647134071108 ... =3&theater">https://www.facebook.com/1664713407110872/photos/pb.1664713407110872.-2207520000.1561083598./2331569470425259/?type=3&theater
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

We have lots of stork type birds here.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"We have lots of stork type birds here.

One of the types of Ibis (I forget which one) is sacred in some Asian countries.

I'm going through my new stuff to post at fb.

bbl
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

One of the types of Ibis (I forget which one) is sacred in some Asian countries.

bbl

I thought is was in Africa.

caskur

bbl

I thought is was in Africa.

It might be, I'll have go look it up.
- Andy Warhol