The best topic

Replies: 10480
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Australian blue wren.

Their plumage turns electric blue in breeding season. This is not breeding season, clearly.

Damn things are tiny and FAAAAST.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1877/42860276940_e3f352b8ae_z.jpg">

caskur

My favourite... grey fantail.

beautiful.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Nah, I think that's a grey fantail Bricktop.

Google it.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Same here...with carp.

They turn the water muddy because they scavenge on the river bottom.

And yet only NSW has ever had a trial period for carp bow hunting which is a huge sport and environmentally responsible boon in the rest of the world. They have competitions for it.

They had an electronic stun device that acted on carp only...that was a fail.

They claimed to have a carp-only virus that will kill carp and nothing else.

Still waiting.

The only way to get rid of the carp is to trawl the river and throw the native species back. And that won't happen.

I got into archery because I'll be damned if I let some fckwit cop or cops into my home because I appreciate what projectiles can do or where they come in handy, particularly for stopping unwanted guests from entering one's house without an invite or warrant.

But the whole 'you can't target practice on carp because you might hit a massively fat fish which only behaves like carp do but might not be a carp' excuse is bullshit.

Pro government officials and fans of them in Australia might pay lip service to logical people and their reasonings but in the end those government cowards want to turn every rock, brick, bit of wood, or steel into sand so that the Eureka Stockade doesn't happen nationwide this time and kick their fat, lazy, and above all stupid arses off any pensions they set up for themselves.

I can't wait for the day where those motherfckers are dragged out onto the street and given their just due.

They can carp on about it all they like. No tears shed on my part. Noxious pests and vermin should be eradicated.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

There is a market in China for carp.

So round them all up and send them back to their homeland...

Easy really.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

They're European carp.

Not as appealing.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Same here...with carp.

They turn the water muddy because they scavenge on the river bottom.

And yet only NSW has ever had a trial period for carp bow hunting which is a huge sport and environmentally responsible boon in the rest of the world. They have competitions for it.

They had an electronic stun device that acted on carp only...that was a fail.

They claimed to have a carp-only virus that will kill carp and nothing else.

Still waiting.

The only way to get rid of the carp is to trawl the river and throw the native species back. And that won't happen.

I got into archery because I'll be damned if I let some fckwit cop or cops into my home because I appreciate what projectiles can do or where they come in handy, particularly for stopping unwanted guests from entering one's house without an invite or warrant.

But the whole 'you can't target practice on carp because you might hit a massively fat fish which only behaves like carp do but might not be a carp' excuse is bullshit.

Pro government officials and fans of them in Australia might pay lip service to logical people and their reasonings but in the end those government cowards want to turn every rock, brick, bit of wood, or steel into sand so that the Eureka Stockade doesn't happen nationwide this time and kick their fat, lazy, and above all stupid arses off any pensions they set up for themselves.

I can't wait for the day where those motherfckers are dragged out onto the street and given their just due.

They can carp on about it all they like. No tears shed on my part. Noxious pests and vermin should be eradicated.

Yep. Because if I walk up to your house with a .357 Magnum, or whatever they carry these days, your bow and arrow will scare the fuck out of me.

You watch too many movies, son. You seem to think that an antisocial attitude will protect you against law and order.

It doesn't.

Frood

You assume you could walk up to my house with a non standard issue.  ac_toofunny
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Did I say that?

In my day, we carried S&W .357 Magnum revolvers. I don't know what they carry now...some kind of semi-auto I think.

That would suffice in ensuring I would walk up to your house, and into your face. It's laughable that you think you're some kind of hardass anti-government activist. There are thousands of recalcitrants like you in Australia alone.

All mouth until they saw the barrel of a gun. Then they'd piss their pants...just like you would.

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"Nah, I think that's a grey fantail Bricktop.

Google it.

I didn't identify this one...a friend told me it was a blue wren and they look alike.

But you're right...its a grey fantail.

"During waking hours the bird is almost never still. It flits from perch to perch, sometimes on the ground but mostly on the twigs of a tree or any other convenient object, looking out for flying insects. "

Damn thing just kept bouncing around, staying in the shade so I had to use a slow shutter speed.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"Did I say that?

In my day, we carried S&W .357 Magnum revolvers. I don't know what they carry now...some kind of semi-auto I think.

That would suffice in ensuring I would walk up to your house, and into your face. It's laughable that you think you're some kind of hardass anti-government activist. There are thousands of recalcitrants like you in Australia alone.

All mouth until they saw the barrel of a gun. Then they'd piss their pants...just like you would.

ac_lmfao

Says the perpetual motion anti hunting tear generator.  

I might be a girl but I'm 100 times the man you think you are, puss puss.  ac_hithere
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

There's a leap of logic worthy of Evil Knieval.

What has that to do with carrying a gun as a tool of the trade?

You MIGHT be a girl...but you're not, twinky dink. Although you do display all the fragility and histrionics intrinsic to that gender.

Frood

ac_toofunny

A gun is an inanimate tool which can be used for good or evil. When did you foolishly think you and only you could have goodness chambered in a barrel or that you couldn't be the justly deserving recipient of a head shot?  

Thank goodness for your sake they set the police entrance exams low back then and even lower now.  ac_hithere
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"When did you foolishly think you and only you could have goodness chambered in a barrel or that you couldn't be the justly deserving recipient of a head shot?  

When I was appointed and sworn in as an officer responsible for protecting life and public order, after 4 years of training.

When did YOU decide you should have the right to carry a lethal weapon?

Frood

I'm an old soul. No deciding necessary. Self defence is part of natural law, BricksUpTop.
Blahhhhhh...