The best topic

Replies: 10496
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:36:10 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I doubt they would make good pets.

Why do you say that?

They seem like they would become domesticated easily.

caskur

I had an escaped one fly into my Jacaranda tree. I coaxed down with a bowl sun flower seeds. It came straight to me and I walked inside with it. I had it for 9 months before I rang a talkback radio show and that lead to finding the owner...

The bird loved raw carrot...

It whistled pop goes the weasel so perfectly... the whole song. It was truly amazing.

The reason it loved carrot was, this man had his whole backyard fenced in with rabbits and guinea pigs running around on the ground. The Twenty-eight used to help himself to their food to.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

I had an escaped one fly into my Jacaranda tree. I coaxed down with a bowl sun flower seeds. It came straight to me and I walked inside with it. I had it for 9 months before I rang a talkback radio show and that lead to finding the owner...

The bird loved raw carrot...

It whistled pop goes the weasel so perfectly... the whole song. It was truly amazing.

The reason it loved carrot was, this man had his whole backyard fenced in with rabbits and guinea pigs running around on the ground. The Twenty-eight used to help himself to their food to.

I would imagine if one got one born in captivity, it would make a terrific pet.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Why do you say that?

These sort of birds live for decades...

All birds are great when they are young but like everything, they eventually like to pair up and breed... If they don't have a partner, they eventually become frustrated and nasty.

I'm with Bricktop on this issue.

I really enjoy visiting the picnic area of the dam and feeding the wild birds a top-up, but I don't have to worry about keeping cages clean and getting fresh water and putting them to bed at night.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

Why do you say that?

These sort of birds live for decades...

All birds are great when they are young but like everything, they eventually like to pair up and breed... If they don't have a partner, they eventually become frustrated and nasty.

I'm with Bricktop on this issue.

I really enjoy visiting the picnic area of the dam and feeding the wild birds a top-up, but I don't have to worry about keeping cages clean and getting fresh water and putting them to bed at night.

Parrots seem to do well as pets here.

caskur

Getting them straight out of the nest is definitely the best...

I wrote out a post and lost it taking too much time trying to find this...VVV

I think I've posted it before but I can't remember.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"A fairy wren...it's not mating season so no vivid blue feathers...

">

There is no Blue Feathers for that one because it a female

However if that is a Lovely Fairy-wren, they turn blue and have black beaks like their male mates.

But all other female fairy-wren have orange beaks.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Getting them straight out of the nest is definitely the best...

What type of parrot is that?

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"Getting them straight out of the nest is definitely the best...

What type of parrot is that?

WA Pink and Grey Galah

Very very common...

http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Eolophus-roseicapillus">http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species ... eicapillus">http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Eolophus-roseicapillus
- Andy Warhol

caskur

- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Spring is springing...which means the kestrels are up and about...

">

caskur

Nice capture.

All I got was a Scarlet Robin and plenty of Blurds....lol
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Nice capture.

Such a pretty blue colour.

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"Nice capture.

Such a pretty blue colour.

Very very vivid.

I'm going back to that spot.

Maybe tomorrow.

It's Wildflower season again...
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I've never seen anything like them.