News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Kiwi Kayaker gets chased by BC bear in Squamish...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 21, 2018, 05:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

Those on the filming boat laugh, but if that Kiwi didn't paddle away as he did, his scalp would be torn off, neck probably crushed, he'd be disemboweled, and most likely he'd be found dead somewhere half eaten!   :laugh:

Our bears don't fuck around!

">

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Kiwi's are good in kayaks.

Here we have things other than banjos that make you wanna paddle faster!    :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Those on the filming boat laugh, but if that Kiwi didn't paddle away as he did, his scalp would be torn off, neck probably crushed, he'd be disemboweled, and most likely he'd be found dead somewhere half eaten!   :laugh:

">

That would have been frightening.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Those on the filming boat laugh, but if that Kiwi didn't paddle away as he did, his scalp would be torn off, neck probably crushed, he'd be disemboweled, and most likely he'd be found dead somewhere half eaten!   :laugh:

">

Yeah, imagine just minding your own business and going for a paddle when suddenly some guy in aquatic spandex cruises by you on top of a floating rubbish wheelie bin.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

">

Yeah, imagine just minding your own business and going for a paddle when suddenly some guy in aquatic spandex cruises by you on top of a floating rubbish wheelie bin.
Yes, that's what I meant.

:laugh:

Chuck Bronson

Word has it there was a half-eaten Elk in the immediate area, and the bear was simply protecting it's food source.

Although very rare for a bear to chase a human unless it poses a threat to its cubs, this clip does show that you must always be aware of your surroundings in bear country.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Word has it there was a half-eaten Elk in the immediate area, and the bear was simply protecting it's food source.

Although very rare for a bear to chase a human unless it poses a threat to its cubs, this clip does show that you must always be aware of your surroundings in bear country.

Bears like all large wildlife are unpredictable.

Bricktop

JOE

U

Yeah I had an encounter with a bear once.

It just about killed me.

My only reward was making out alive.

It feels like being chased by a large fast moving tank.

Yeah if they get a hold of you, you're toast.

They can roll over a human pretty fast.

I sense one bear is as strong as 10 very big men.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"

U

Yeah I had an encounter with a bear once.

It just about killed me.

My only reward was making out alive.

It feels like being chased by a large fast moving tank.

Yeah if they get a hold of you, you're toast.

They can roll over a human pretty fast.

I sense one bear is as strong as 10 very big men.

We've been in the vicinity of bears many times while camping in South West Alberta, South East BC and Northern Montana and Northern Idaho.

Anonymous

I haven't seen much wildlife. I remember seeing a moose on a trip to Algonquin Park when I was in my twenties. I felt like I saw a Tasmanian tiger.

Bricktop

Print
User actions