Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Prog Media Spins Danforth Mass Shooting

Started by Anonymous, July 26, 2018, 08:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I wouldn't believe anything you hear about this case from any source, until the official facts are released, since the facts were already skewed from day one!

What is reliably true in a meta sense though, is that they are magazines not clips (the distinction being a useful one) -- and being able to run and having two working hands are the only prerequisites for magazine changes on the run.  In Renee's absence I'm happy to support you in this.  

If a cop says "he's as good as it gets" I usually take that to mean "he's better trained than I am."  Which of course is a different thing.

Speaking, as usual, from experience, trying to shoot when running is essentially impossible. Trying to shoot AFTER running is also very difficult. Trying to shoot, after running, under combat conditions demands exemplary skills only earned from many hours on a combat range. Even then, hitting a target that is either moving or shooting back over more than 20 metres is a compound of guesswork and fortune.

This is why you see US police officers firing at offenders  by emptying their magazines by rapid firing and reloading. That is how they are trained. Anti-terrorist operatives, however, are trained differently, with the object of minimum rounds per kill. This is because having an empty firearm with multiple offenders is not a good idea.

cc

Dilemma  

Do i take the word of a lifetime cop who has spent 100s of hours being professionally taught and practicing shooting  ... and at moving targets .. and in many different venue settings ...  some targets mimicking shooting back  ... not to mention prolly has had to pull a gun in real situations against real people who have or may have a gun in the real world of real criminal behavior

or do I take the word of 2 mad egotists, one a "political scientist" that I keep overestimating  .. and one a lad who goes to the range once in a while to get his rocks off ...  neither likely having ever faced anything more challenging than a local range target and possibly a defenseless animal in their entire lives?

Tough call
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Dilemma  

Do i take the word of a lifetime cop who has spent 100s of hours being professionally taught and practicing shooting  ... and at moving targets .. and in many different venue settings ...  some targets mimicking shooting back  ... not to mention prolly has had to pull a gun in real situations against real people who have or may have a gun in the real world of real criminal behavior

or do I take the word of 2 mad egotists, one a "political scientist" that I keep overestimating  .. and one a lad who goes to the range once in a while to get his rocks off ...  neither likely having ever faced anything more challenging than a local range target and possibly a defenseless animal in their entire lives?

Tough call

The second maybe.

:laugh:

cc

Ya. I was leaning that way

It's a difficult call for me ..  so your kind help is appreciated
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

I bet Mel was trained by ex SAS marksmen who could shoot flies from 100 metres whilst skipping rope.

Chuck Bronson

Look you idiots...  Shooting into crowded restaurants with seated guests hardly takes any skill.  Managing to kill two of these seated guests while emptying out multiple magazines hardly qualifies anyone for anything.  A fucking five year old could manage to do the same.

If you don't know fuck all about guns or shooting, please don't pretend you do.  If that is something difficult to accomplish, at least don't pretend to know more than those posters that do.

I don't give a fuck what you think you know, or what dough head cop you think you know that said 'this and that.'

I doubt any of you have even held a semi-auto pistol, let alone fired one.  Don't try to be fucking smart when you're not.

Quote from: "cc"or do I take the word of 2 mad egotists, one a "political scientist" that I keep overestimating  .. and one a lad who goes to the range once in a while to get his rocks off ...  neither likely having ever faced anything more challenging than a local range target and possibly a defenseless animal in their entire lives?

As long as you and Bricktop don't attempt to explain Canadian handgun laws to me ever again, I can at least be happy with that.

Fucking morons.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "cc"
Dunno if you have tried it but shooting through windows is not efficient

but thanks anyhow ... your Ex Spurt opinion is always valued by myself

Just stop while you're only a little behind here.  Stick to your expertise on Islam, and don't try to be an expert on other things.

Oh, and by the way...  Glass is usually made in a transparent form, which happens to mean that you can see through it, and bullets also happen to go through glass also, by the way.

Of course, your dough head 'cop' friend may be convinced that he must've taken some form of ultra tactical glass shooting course, since how else could those bullets have made it through it to those seated guests?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"The second maybe.

Is this all you want to ad?  Maybe you'd like to spout your knowledge about handgun operation, bullet ballistics, and the 'difficulty of shooting through glass' in this thread also?

May as well do it now, while I'm here to answer posts in a timely fashion.

Chuck Bronson

I've gotta go get some Nitrile gloves for my work truck.  I'd better not come back to any more stupidity in this thread.  I don't want to keep having to explain to the Kindergarten class here how shooting randomly into restaurants at patrons requires no special tactical skills nor training, nor does releasing an empty magazine and inserting a loaded one in.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

Is this all you want to ad?  Maybe you'd like to spout your knowledge about handgun operation, bullet ballistics, and the 'difficulty of shooting through glass' in this thread also?

Is that anything like add or are you peddling something.

Chuck Bronson

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

Is that anything like add or are you peddling something.

Chuck Bronson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Easily amused tonight, Fash?

I agree, you're lame.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Shen Li"I agree, you're lame.

I guess I've come to the right forum then...