Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Active Shooter: America Under Fire

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 06, 2018, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"In Canada you have to apply for a claim in an area I believe.

If you're just panning, you just go pan.  No claim necessary.  Larger operations would stake a claim.

Can you legally keep what you find if it's on crown land?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "seoulbro"Can you legally keep what you find if it's on crown land?

Yup!  People have been doing just that with pans in Canada for hundreds of years!

Now I'm talking about panning.  Things might be different if you decide to bring in heavy machinery...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Can you legally keep what you find if it's on crown land?

Yup!  People have been doing just that with pans in Canada for hundreds of years!

Now I'm talking about panning.  Things might be different if you decide to bring in heavy machinery...

I am sure it would.

caskur

They law is all gold belongs to the crown actually...

it's probably that way in Canada too.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "caskur"They law is all gold belongs to the crown actually...

it's probably that way in Canada too.

It's not that way in Canada.  The gold here is yours, should you find any...

caskur

It's a theory. Gold doesn't have a value unless you sell it.

You cannot bury gold either like being buried with your wedding ring on for instance.

I think if your country still belongs to the Queen, I think you'll have the same laws as us regarding gold. When you buy land, you only own the top 6 inches of soil, underneath that belongs to the crown.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Bricktop was also under the assumption that our laws are similar to yours, simply because we are commonwealth nation.  This couldn't be further from the truth.

If you find gold while panning, it is yours to keep.  And of course you can bury gold here with a body.  You can put whatever you want into the grave.

We're not as cucked as Australia (not yet anyhow), preferring instead to NOT have a million and one stupid rules and laws to govern over every aspect of our being!

caskur

Well they stopped people burying gold because people robbed graves... and they might tell you they buried the ring but that is just what they tell people, they do not actually allow it...

But here are your laws regarding gold and who it belongs to.... good luck deciphering the jargon.

https://www.westlawnextcanada.com/blog/insider/ced-an-overview-of-the-law-mines-and-minerals-ownership-829/">https://www.westlawnextcanada.com/blog/ ... rship-829/">https://www.westlawnextcanada.com/blog/insider/ced-an-overview-of-the-law-mines-and-minerals-ownership-829/
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Grave robbery is a rare occurrence here, although it does happen occasionally in ghost town graveyards.  That said, you are free to bury whatever you want with the body here!

And I know what our laws regarding gold panning are, since I used to pan occasionally for gold years ago.  If you find gold, it is yours to keep.  That's just how simple our laws are.  I can't state it any more simply for you than that.  This is assuming you use only pan and shovel.

Chuck Bronson

The reason the laws are simple here regarding this, will become apparent to anyone that has actually panned for gold...  You will NOT find huge assed nuggets!  If you're lucky, all you'll find is a few very small flakes.  And that's if you're lucky...

caskur

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Grave robbery is a rare occurrence here, although it does happen occasionally in ghost town graveyards.  That said, you are free to bury whatever you want with the body here!

And I know what our laws regarding gold panning are, since I used to pan occasionally for gold years ago.  If you find gold, it is yours to keep.  That's just how simple our laws are.  I can't state it any more simply for you than that.  This is assuming you use only pan and shovel.

Oh course you can keep it but if you read the link I provided, gold is still owned by the crown and silver too... VVVV Canadian article VVV

"Gold and silver belong to the Crown by prerogative and are not regarded as incidents of the land unless they have been severed from the title of the Crown. No such Crown prerogative exists in the case of base metals."

https://www.westlawnextcanada.com/blog/">https://www.westlawnextcanada.com/blog/ ... rship-829/
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Citing some obscure old law from the 1800's isn't relevant in this matter.  If you find gold, it is yours.  You can keep it.  You can sell it.  The 'Crown' will not come after you and your gold flakes.  The Crown will not steal your gold flakes like a Pirate.  They steal enough already through taxation!

Bricktop

There are two states in which land is owned in Australia; private, or Crown (that is, by default, the Government).

Both owners are entitled to any metals found on the land. Not so, minerals, strangely.

If gold is found by citizens on Crown land, the government usually lets the finder keep it if its a random discovery. However, if the gold is recovered by some form of mining, and the finder has no licence, the gold is forfeit.

Australians cannot carry guns unless they are licenced and the gun is registered. They cannot carry guns, even if they are licenced and registered, without a lawful purpose, typically "hunting". However, you are not allowed to hunt without a licence with the exception of primary producers.

Carrying a firearm in the bush for "defence" is not a lawful purpose, as it may be in Canada, because there are no land based predators capable of killing humans. Some might argue about dingos, which have been known to kill children, but they are still protected and cannot be hunted.

Koalas, kangaroos and wombats are not regarded as dangerous.

So, no. Generally speaking, you may not carry a firearm for the purpose of protection against wild animals.

Frood

You have to get a miners right in most states or territories of Australia to either pan or metal detect for gold. It's a small fee and lasts for near forever. There are however strict rules about where you prospect and how.  I bought one a few years ago for my state and it was like 20 bucks aussie for ten years. Cheaper than a hunting or fishing licence.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

And that's how you made your fortune, right, Ace?

So you could travel the world to "visit" female forum members.

Sleazy little prick.