News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10391
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

What are the Divorce Laws like in the country you live?

Started by JOE, August 12, 2018, 10:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

...this is a topic I brought up on the other forum for which I was criticized or shot down.

Apparently the powers that be over there either stifle or don't want to talk about it

It's almost as if it's a taboo subject with them.

Maybe it's too painful a memory for them to dwell on

Anyways I wonder because the laws in Canada and the US seem to tip against the man a lot and in the wonan' s favor. Men I know who've gone through divorce in CAnada have lost almost everything are impoverished and living hand to mouth one day to the next. Then their exes took everything from them.

Oddly men's rights advocates have an ally in right leaning National Post Christine Blatchford who has said in her columns that the laws go against the man in Canada.

I know in other countries this is not the case. Filipino friends have told me that the wonan gets nothing in a an annulled marriage. Perhaps that's changed but the old tines thats the wsy it was.

Be interesting what some have to say on the topic

Anonymous

cc

Replaying old records again, Joe?

You have taken us to this rodeo several times before ... yawn
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Why would a sixty year old virgin give two shits about divorce laws.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Divorce is rarely painless in any country.

But, so is staying in a bad marriage.

Bricktop

Australia has a "no fault" divorce process, and a policy of a 50-50 split unless evidence is submitted that one party would be unjustly disadvantaged by that division of assets.

In this modern age, where both parties are typically employed, the tendency is for each to go their own way rather than argue the point. Any property is sold and any monies gained are divided evenly.

There is no alimony, only child support where the couple have children.

The only real conflict arises when child custody is not agreed to. Then parents argue over who is best for the job, usually crushing the children's self image in the process.

Most "hardship" occurs where the couple owned a profitable business, and they either have to agree to sell it and split the profit, or one must buy out the other. This creates a lot of difficulty, because the one who wishes to maintain the business has to find enough funding to buy out the other...a very difficult process, as banks tend NOT to increase finance to buy out a divorced party unless the business is robust and able to redeem that expense quickly.

Anonymous

Is anyone loling at the title of this thread?  What are the Divorce Laws like in the country you love? ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Is anyone loling at the title of this thread?  What are the Divorce Laws like in the country you love? ac_toofunny

Maybe JOE is a true patriot.

:laugh:

Chuck Bronson

My divorce, although not painless, was pleasant in the regard that we fought over nothing.  No children, and luckily enough we were both happy with the 'what's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours' approach.  

Didn't even have to consult a lawyer.  Paid the few hundred bucks and filed the shit ourselves.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Is anyone loling at the title of this thread?  What are the Divorce Laws like in the country you love? ac_toofunny

Maybe JOE is a true patriot.

:laugh:

I never thot of him any other way  :wink:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"My divorce, although not painless, was pleasant in the regard that we fought over nothing.  No children, and luckily enough we were both happy with the 'what's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours' approach.  

Didn't even have to consult a lawyer.  Paid the few hundred bucks and filed the shit ourselves.

Mine wasn't. It involved division of assets and support payments for my son.

Chuck Bronson

Adding kids into a divorce can be one of the most difficult things.  That's just one more reason for my 'don't ever have kids' mantra.

With anything I take on in life, I'd like to think that the outcome will be good, but nonetheless I still always prepare for the worst, as there's a good chance not everything will end well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Adding kids into a divorce can be one of the most difficult things.  That's just one more reason for my 'don't ever have kids' mantra.

With anything I take on in life, I'd like to think that the outcome will be good, but nonetheless I still always prepare for the worst, as there's a good chance not everything will end well.

I'm certain you made the right decision not to have a family.

JOE

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Adding kids into a divorce can be one of the most difficult things.  That's just one more reason for my 'don't ever have kids' mantra.

That's a very German attitude/outlook Mel.

Very German indeed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I'm certain you made the right decision not to have a family.

I would have liked to have had a kid. But, I had too many problems when I was young. Well, one big problem anyway.