Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Justine's Reelection Strategy? Call Everyone Racist

Started by Anonymous, August 21, 2018, 12:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Justine made it official yesterday; he is seeking reelection. If you don't vote for the boob you are a racist.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/furey-trudeaus-re-election-strategy-call-everyone-racist?video_autoplay=true">https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... oplay=true">https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/furey-trudeaus-re-election-strategy-call-everyone-racist?video_autoplay=true

t was a video that went viral over the weekend. On Thursday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau really got into it with a heckler at a rally in Quebec.

"I want to know when you are going to refund the $146 million we paid for your illegal immigrants," an older woman shouts, in French, multiple times to Trudeau at an event in Sabrevois, Que.

Trudeau's response? "This intolerance towards immigrants has no room in Canada" and then "racism has no place here."

That's right. Dare to ask the PM a question about taxpayer finances and the current border crisis and he'll call you names in public.

It's hard to believe this is the same man who campaigned on "sunny ways." But believe it. Because it's not going away. In fact, expect these sorts of scenes to only ramp up between now and the 2019 election. And expect Trudeau to relish in them.

Over the weekend, the PM unofficially launched next year's election campaign by announcing in his home riding of Papineau that, no surprise, he'd indeed be running for re-election.

There he set the tone for the war he hopes to fight: "even as my conviction in positive politics hasn't changed, our opponents' belief in the politics of fear and division hasn't changed either," he said. "Perhaps we can get the smiles of Andrew Scheer, but it remains the Conservative Party of Stephen Harper."

Trudeau added that "despite the polarization we see going on in the world around us – the populism, the politics of fear and division – staying positive, pulling people together, looking for ways to emphasize our common ground, our shared values among our differences, is the only way to build a stronger country, a stronger world."

This constant referencing of "the politics of fear" is itself a form of fear-mongering, where Trudeau and his top advisers want you to believe that there are mean and nasty people lurking behind every corner that you must fear and that only he can protect you from.

With this in mind, he needs villains. He wants to make bad guys out of every person who asks a challenging question about the current influx of illegal border crossers or, say, Islamist terror. (He did this to Scheer back in December, calling him Islamophobic for asking if Trudeau had a plan to tackle returning ISIS fighters.)

Berry Sweet

The next year should be pretty interesting for all the parties running.  There will be drama.  I wonder who else will run?

Anonymous

A woman in Quebec asked the same question Liberal premier Couillard asked. Does Justine think he's a racist too.

https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-justin-trudeau-a-study-in-hypocrisy">https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/columni ... -hypocrisy">https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-justin-trudeau-a-study-in-hypocrisy

Justin Trudeau seems to know all the words. Our prime minister just doesn't seem to have a clue what most of them mean.

On Sunday, in his Montreal riding of Papineau, Trudeau formally announced he would be running again in the 2019 general election. During his speech, he told the adoring audience he would continue to practice "positive politics." He then complained the Conservatives and their leader Andrew Scheer were guilty of exploiting "fear and division."

It's a common theme for Trudeau (and will, undoubtedly, be one of the main themes of next year's Liberal campaign).

Back in May, while giving the commencement address at New York University, Trudeau said, "The leadership we need most today, and in the years to come, is leadership that brings people together, that brings diversity to a common cause. This is the antithesis of ... the identity politics that have grown so common of late."

Now contrast those words with Trudeau's actions.

Last Thursday, at a summer corn roast in the farming community of Saint-Anne-de-Sabrevois, a little southeast of Montreal, Trudeau called a women who heckled his stance on illegal immigrants a "racist." He said she was "intolerant" for opposing his come-on-in border policy and said there was "no room in Canada" for her point of view.

When the video of this incident went viral over the weekend – the same weekend on which the PM assured his constituents he would remain Mr. Positive – Trudeau was forced to defend his authoritarian response. (No room in Canada for views that oppose his?)

Even though the prime minister's RCMP bodyguards can clearly be seen taking the heckler – an older woman – aside for questioning, on Monday Trudeau again insisted his words and actions were the tolerant ones. He explained he intends to call out behaviour such as the heckler's from now until the election.

Just what did she say?

[size=150]The woman earned Trudeau's wrath – and the interrogation of his Mountie protectors – by asking in French (more than once) "I want to know when you are going to refund the $146 million we paid for your illegal immigrants."[/size]

[size=150]There is nothing inherently racist in her question. The Quebec government, which claims it has been forced to spend $146 million on social services and accommodation for the asylum seekers streaming across its border with New York state, has repeatedly asked the same thing.

[/size]

This could be every bit as much about Quebec nationalism (and that province not being forced to do anything it doesn't want to by Ottawa), as it is about refugees, except that Trudeau seems to believe it's racist merely to call refugees "illegal immigrants" if they show up in Canada illegally.

Trudeau prefers the politically correct term "irregular migrants." Just as I'm sure anyone who shows up to apply paint to the walls of 24 Sussex is not a "house painter," but rather a "liquid decoration facilitator."

For a man who used to make his living as a motivational speaker, Trudeau seems to have a galling lack of understanding of vocabulary.

He proclaims himself in favour of women's equality and opposed to violence against women, yet he didn't hesitate to elbow NDP MP Ruth Ellen Brosseau out of the way in the House of Commons. (Oh yeah, and speaking of intellectual inconsistencies, Trudeau did that to force through a vote on his plans to reform Parliamentary democracy.)

He's against sexual harassment, yet the perpetrator of the Kokanee Grope. He's all for transparency and ethics in government, yet the only PM to have been found guilty of breaking Parliament's ethics rules.

So it's not inconsistent with Trudeau's record (even if it's inconsistent with his words), that he claim to be a practitioner of "positive politics," as he is engaging in "fear and division."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"The next year should be pretty interesting for all the parties running.  There will be drama.  I wonder who else will run?

Besides Justine, Andrew Scheer is head of the CPC and Jagmeet Singh is leader of the NDP. He is also seeking a seat in an upcoming byelection in Burnaby.

Anonymous

Sorry electorate, but Justine aint sorry. You question his destructive policies and you are a racist denier.

Canadian Press

OTTAWA — Hate speech and the politics of division are creating a "dangerous path" for Canada, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Monday as he vowed to steer clear of such roads and to continue calling out those who rely on "extremist" methods to make their voices heard.

Trudeau made the comments when asked whether he went too far in accusing a Quebec woman of racism and intolerance as she heckled him last week in Quebec.

During a campaign-style rally Thursday southeast of Montreal, the woman shouted in French at Trudeau, asking him when the federal government would repay Quebec for costs it has incurred as a result of an influx of "illegal immigrants" coming over the Canada-u.s. border.

The Quebec government has demanded Ottawa pay the full costs of social services provided to so-called irregular migrants who crossed into Canada between established border crossings over the past few years — costs the province says reach $146 million.

The prime minister responded to the woman by accusing her of intolerance and racism and saying her sentiments were not welcome.

At a groundbreaking ceremony Monday for a new Amazon warehouse east of Ottawa, Trudeau said he fears a rise in extreme populism, particularly surrounding immigration, with some feeding fear and intolerance using partial truths and "outright lies."

"There has been a polarization in our political discourse," Trudeau said. "And there are people who are trying to feed fears and intolerance for a broad range of reasons .... I will remain positive and remain pulling people together, pulling communities together right across this country."

Ontario minister Lisa Macleod, was at Trudeau's news conference, saying it's the prime minister who is creating divisions by shouting 'racism' at those who question his government's immigration policies.

"I think when the prime minister, when confronted with some of the problems his government has created, turns around and fearmongers and calls people un-canadian or racist, (he) really debases the debate that we're having."

There has been a polarization in our political discourse. And there are people who are trying to feed fears and intolerance .... "

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

Anonymous

I get the impression our prime minister has lived in a bubble his entire life and looks down on people unlike himself.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"I get the impression our prime minister has lived in a bubble his entire life and looks down on people unlike himself.

I fully agree with you Fash, the racism card was intended for extremely unfortunately that have experienced a huge amount of discrimination for no reason like Black slavery, Chinese railway workers or native warring with the Europeans, just b/c of a bunch of idiots that can't do anything about their countries doesn't give them the right to live off the Canadian citizen's own money.

As long as traitor Trudeau is still assuming his opinion is morally superior and always right he'll contuinue to distance himselve from the average Canadian, like you say he really is in a bubble, since it's his stupid idea I think Canadians should liquidate all his money, housing and assets and use it to feed the refugees, while leaving everyone else alone for once.  ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"Sorry electorate, but Justine aint sorry. You question his destructive policies and you are a racist denier.

Canadian Press

OTTAWA — Hate speech and the politics of division are creating a "dangerous path" for Canada, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Monday as he vowed to steer clear of such roads and to continue calling out those who rely on "extremist" methods to make their voices heard.

Trudeau made the comments when asked whether he went too far in accusing a Quebec woman of racism and intolerance as she heckled him last week in Quebec.

During a campaign-style rally Thursday southeast of Montreal, the woman shouted in French at Trudeau, asking him when the federal government would repay Quebec for costs it has incurred as a result of an influx of "illegal immigrants" coming over the Canada-u.s. border.

The Quebec government has demanded Ottawa pay the full costs of social services provided to so-called irregular migrants who crossed into Canada between established border crossings over the past few years — costs the province says reach $146 million.

The prime minister responded to the woman by accusing her of intolerance and racism and saying her sentiments were not welcome.

At a groundbreaking ceremony Monday for a new Amazon warehouse east of Ottawa, Trudeau said he fears a rise in extreme populism, particularly surrounding immigration, with some feeding fear and intolerance using partial truths and "outright lies."

"There has been a polarization in our political discourse," Trudeau said. "And there are people who are trying to feed fears and intolerance for a broad range of reasons .... I will remain positive and remain pulling people together, pulling communities together right across this country."

Ontario minister Lisa Macleod, was at Trudeau's news conference, saying it's the prime minister who is creating divisions by shouting 'racism' at those who question his government's immigration policies.

"I think when the prime minister, when confronted with some of the problems his government has created, turns around and fearmongers and calls people un-canadian or racist, (he) really debases the debate that we're having."

There has been a polarization in our political discourse. And there are people who are trying to feed fears and intolerance .... "

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

If we use his logic I find him more discriminating/racist against tax paying Canadians.  :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I get the impression our prime minister has lived in a bubble his entire life and looks down on people unlike himself.

I fully agree with you Fash, the racism card was intended for extremely unfortunately that have experienced a huge amount of discrimination for no reason like Black slavery, Chinese railway workers or native warring with the Europeans, just b/c of a bunch of idiots that can't do anything about their countries doesn't give them the right to live off the Canadian citizen's own money.

As long as traitor Trudeau is still assuming his opinion is morally superior and always right he'll contuinue to distance himselve from the average Canadian, like you say he really is in a bubble, since it's his stupid idea I think Canadians should liquidate all his money, housing and assets and use it to feed the refugees, while leaving everyone else alone for once.  ac_unsure

Not just that, but it shuts down any debate on his failed record heading into an election next year.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Zetsu"

Not just that, but it shuts down any debate on his failed record heading into an election next year.

Unfortunately so,  ac_unsure  but lets hope Canadian voters will be wise enough to remember his hidden agenda or problems he have brought into Canada, and not be tempted by any more of his lies.

Berry Sweet

I'm not voting for him.  Hes done nothing to help existing Canadians...hes all about open boarders and kissing refugee ass.  A lot of these people are still unemployed, dont speak English and continuing to pop out massive kids.  Hes dont nothing to help seniors, veterans or the homeless.

Zetsu

^^

I heartfully agree, not to mention he doesn't do proper screening to deter any terrorist and just take in the refugees as a whole, but most important he's really nothing but ignorant dick/traitor that just need his ass boot off his high horse, lol.

Berry Sweet

He lives in a bubble and yes hes ignorant too.  Some of these refugees are forming gangs, selling drugs and committing crimes...no one is benefiting from that.

Bricktop

His accusations of racism do not shut down debate unless the target of his vitriol cowers and fails to stand up to this moralising bully.

I thought he was as daffy as our bonehead, but if what I read here is correct, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, your PM is by far and away the worst leader in the democratic world by a long way.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"His accusations of racism do not shut down debate unless the target of his vitriol cowers and fails to stand up to this moralising bully.

I thought he was as daffy as our bonehead, but if what I read here is correct, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, your PM is by far and away the worst leader in the democratic world by a long way.

He is. He absolutely is the worst leader in the Western world.