Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Why Australia is better than the US.

Started by Bricktop, August 22, 2018, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

True.

But its not a no-go zone.

Like all western police forces, they have become subordinate to political priorities.

There's nowhere in Australia I would fear to walk.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"True.

Like all western police forces, they have become subordinate to political priorities.

It may not be a molenbeek YET.

Bricktop

Maybe...but just because they form in some countries, it doesn't mean they'll materialise in others.

The largest enclave of non-whites is in a suburb of Melbourne called Box Hill.

You would be forgiven for thinking you're walking through Shanghai or Beijing. And you're perfectly safe.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Maybe...but just because they form in some countries, it doesn't mean they'll materialise in others.

It's almost there now. Bring in more radicals and it is a no go zone.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"True.

I don't know if there are any neighbourhoods in Canada I would think twice about walking in..

Perhaps at night.

Bricktop

Even in the UK I never felt particularly threatened in any areas.

Chuck Bronson

That Cop is an idiot, but understand that Australian law is different than Canadian law...  The one thing Papa Trudeau introduced in 1982 was the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and I feel this was the only good thing from him.  Australia doesn't have anything like this.  I don't believe the US does either, nor most (if any) Western Euro nations.

Among other things, it does prevent the police from making up their own rules and laws, as this officer is doing.

It also prevents things like unreasonable stops and searches.  It prevents things like mandatory drug/alcohol tests when out and about without reasonable grounds.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"That Cop is an idiot, but understand that Australian law is different than Canadian law...  The one thing Papa Trudeau introduced in 1982 was the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and I feel this was the only good thing from him.  Australia doesn't have anything like this.  I don't believe the US does either, nor most (if any) Western Euro nations.

Among other things, it does prevent the police from making up their own rules and laws, as this officer is doing.

It also prevents things like unreasonable stops and searches.  It prevents things like mandatory drug/alcohol tests when out and about without reasonable grounds.

The USA has the Bill of Rights..

But, what does  that have to do with that policeman overstepping his bounds.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"But, what does  that have to do with that policeman overstepping his bounds.

That's what I'm getting at...  It does appear that Australian law gives officers more abilities to control where people can and cannot go than Canadian law would permit.

This is an example.  I don't think this would fly under Canadian law.

Bricktop

The cop was referencing an Australia law that allows a Police Officer to remove a certain person from an area if he believes on reasonable grounds that a disturbance of the peace is imminent.

Without going into detail, and I'm sure many of you will observe the flaw in his claims, if he had acted by arresting the Canuck, the court case would not have held up. I would have told him to get the fuck out of my way and walked on. Foreigners, however, have to be much more cautious with local laws.

Rest assured, that idiot got a lot of heat from local media.

Frood

Australia isn't like the rest of the Western world. Our Muslims are pretty moderate and low key. Lauren Southern is not. She is widely known as a media provocateur with an agenda which right or wrong is combative. Should she not have been harassed by that cop? For sure. He overstepped his boundaries, or nearly did. But what she did, showing up as an Anti-Islam figurehead with a camera crew in a predominately Australian-Muslim suburb in order to to find a no go zone was as insidious as what she was trying to combat.

We here in Australia let in heaps of people with the idea that either they immediately embrace our way of life or their children do it for them. It's a good model. It has worked time and time again despite the initial screams of their parents.

As much as I agree with Lauren Southern on some locations of the West, she really fcked up her trip to Australia. We've been holding it together for decades and while that cop looks like a free speech killer (and he is... that's what cops ultimately are), he was more worried about the gravity of having Australia on the list of 'no go zones' on his watch and name. If he was a completely honest person he would have said to her that he recognized who she was and yet stuck up for his area of policing by saying it's not a no go area, and that her trademark with cameras would only alienate and divide suburbs and cultures all getting along. That's Australia's long game. Always has been. Once you're stuck here and have kids, you must adapt or you're not a human being.

I feel bad for that pig and it doesn't happen very often. He didn't possess the intelligence and nuance to dissuade Southern from being a c*nt. But that's par for the course of Pigdom.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Lauren Southern is not. She is widely known as a media provocateur with an agenda which right or wrong is combative.

She grew up and lives just down the road from me...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Australia isn't like the rest of the Western world. Our Muslims are pretty moderate and low key. Lauren Southern is not. She is widely known as a media provocateur with an agenda which right or wrong is combative. Should she not have been harassed by that cop? For sure. He overstepped his boundaries, or nearly did. But what she did, showing up as an Anti-Islam figurehead with a camera crew in a predominately Australian-Muslim suburb in order to to find a no go zone was as insidious as what she was trying to combat.

We here in Australia let in heaps of people with the idea that either they immediately embrace our way of life or their children do it for them. It's a good model. It has worked time and time again despite the initial screams of their parents.

As much as I agree with Lauren Southern on some locations of the West, she really fcked up her trip to Australia. We've been holding it together for decades and while that cop looks like a free speech killer (and he is... that's what cops ultimately are), he was more worried about the gravity of having Australia on the list of 'no go zones' on his watch and name. If he was a completely honest person he would have said to her that he recognized who she was and yet stuck up for his area of policing by saying it's not a no go area, and that her trademark with cameras would only alienate and divide suburbs and cultures all getting along. That's Australia's long game. Always has been. Once you're stuck here and have kids, you must adapt or you're not a human being.

I feel bad for that pig and it doesn't happen very often. He didn't possess the intelligence and nuance to dissuade Southern from being a c*nt. But that's par for the course of Pigdom.

It pains me to admit it, but the general thrust of Freud's dissertation is pretty close to the mark. Excluding his moronic anti-police slurs intended to annoy me.

Anonymous