Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Australians and South Afrikaners...

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 20, 2018, 06:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

So now that I'm lazing around and resting my ass for a couple of days before I can get back to work, I've been watching a few shark episodes on Discovery channel.

It appears to me from these episodes that Australians and South Africans alike both have a tremendous urge to want to lose their limbs (or worse) while swimming.

Perhaps just wading into the water until knee-deep is good enough?  One dude had his hand and leg ripped off.  Another dude had a limb ripped off.  Some chick had her entire ass ripped off.

Is it really worth a dip in the Ocean to come back without arms and legs?

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"So now that I'm lazing around and resting my ass for a couple of days before I can get back to work, I've been watching a few shark episodes on Discovery channel.

It appears to me from these episodes that Australians and South Africans alike both have a tremendous urge to want to lose their limbs (or worse) while swimming.

Perhaps just wading into the water until knee-deep is good enough?  One dude had his hand and leg ripped off.  Another dude had a limb ripped off.  Some chick had her entire ass ripped off.

I believe in South Africa you can be lowered down among sharks in a cage.

JOE

Many other parts of the world aren't safe either.

Florida's waters are infested with sharks.

Hawaii has an increase in shark attacks

I believe there was a British tourist who was eaten alive by a crocodile while she was vacationing in tge beach in the Indian Ocean.

Lots of people are attacked and eaten alive by exotic creatures throughout southeast Asia every year.

We just never hear about these incidents in these news that often.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"So now that I'm lazing around and resting my ass for a couple of days before I can get back to work, I've been watching a few shark episodes on Discovery channel.

Same here.

The underwater scenes for the movie "Jaws" were shot here in South Australia, because they could be guaranteed sharks would be plentiful for the cage scenes. And they are BIG sharks.

There is no way I, and most other people, would never swim off the beaches of our west coast area. It could be 40 plus degrees, and the beaches would be packed with people, but no-one more than ankle deep in the water...and even then, they take a risk.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Same here.

The underwater scenes for the movie "Jaws" were shot here in South Australia, because they could be guaranteed sharks would be plentiful for the cage scenes. And they are BIG sharks.

There is no way I, and most other people, would never swim off the beaches of our west coast area. It could be 40 plus degrees, and the beaches would be packed with people, but no-one more than ankle deep in the water...and even then, they take a risk.

:ohmy:

Berry Sweet

I dont like swimming in oceans.  Salt water makes me very itchy.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"No.

That is why I have a pool.

Paranoid wuss!

A chalky!

Breaks under pressure.  ac_hithere
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

No.

I have 4 grandchildren.

I'd rather they played in a safe and supervised pool than a shark and Sudanese infested beach.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No.

I have 4 grandchildren.

I'd rather they played in a safe and supervised pool than a shark and Sudanese infested beach.

ac_lmfao