News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Another sport bows down to the political correctness gawd - Boys Hockey this time

Started by cc, August 26, 2018, 03:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

If they won't let the kid play without hearing their garbage, there is little a parent one can do about it beyond 1. going along or 2. taking the kid out of the sport .. short of a costly lawsuit

Today's world contains a crappy society controlled by a certain element and choices are limited
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"If they won't let the kid play without hearing their garbage, there is little a parent one can do about it beyond 1. going along or 2. taking the kid out of the sport .. short of a costly lawsuit

Today's world contains a crappy society controlled by a certain element and choices are limited

That's what I thought cc.

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"If they won't let the kid play without hearing their garbage, there is little a parent one can do about it beyond 1. going along or 2. taking the kid out of the sport .. short of a costly lawsuit

Where does the assumption that a kid would be excluded from playing because his or her parent removed him from a non-sport related presentation that is NOT within the realm of sporting organisations to deliver?

There is no way in hell a sport club would do that, for fear of feeling the wrath of parents everywhere.

That is a fight they could never win.

cc

My understanding is that it is mandatory, otherwise most if not all would not have any part in it = not an issue

We are in a VERY different world now  ..... not quite 1984 but maybe 1981 and moving upward rapidly

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"My understanding is that it is mandatory, otherwise most if not all would not have any part in it = not an issue

We are in a VERY different world now  ..... not quite 1984 but maybe 1981 and moving upward rapidly

And HOW is it "mandatory"?

Will you get fined if you do not attend?

Its a sporting club. It has NO authority to compel people to attend and listen to a sermon on social engineering. I don't know about where you live, but if a football club tried that here, and some parents declined their children's attendance, that club would be in deep shit if it then took punitive action.

They only get away with what YOU allow. People need to stand on their rights, not be bullied, and make some fucking noise when idiot organisations try this bullshit.

Its our cowering that gives them strength.

cc

I agree. And one can of course refuse

I'm only saying that I believe this is mandatory in order to play  .... nothing to do with fines etc.

This is brand new and I don't have all the detail on this one so am open to being filled in

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Before they polish their power plays and develop their defensive strategies, minor hockey players in Ontario will be getting a pre-season chat about gender identity and gender expression next month.

The Ontario Hockey Federation, which oversees the majority of minor hockey in the province, said it has made it mandatory for its coaches to discuss the issues with players in an effort to make everyone feel welcome.

While hockey coaches in Canada already receive training on respect and gender inclusivity, the OHF said coaches in Ontario will now have to discuss issues such as preferred pronoun use and the importance of respecting an individual's confidentiality with their players as the season begins in mid-September.

"We simply want to make sure that everyone feels included in hockey and can participate in the game in a safe and comfortable environment," said McKee.

The move comes after the settlement of a case brought before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario in 2013 by Jesse Thompson, a transgender player who was 17 at the time.

He told the tribunal that he was outed when asked to use the dressing room that aligned with his birth gender _ female _ instead of the gender he identifies with. The settlement has led to new directives in the years since, with the pre-season chat being the latest.

As part of the new directive, the OHF said coaches have been provided with a checklist, prepared by LGBTQ advocacy group Egale Canada, of matters to discuss with their players and suggestions on how to best approach the topics.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4408581/ontario-minor-hockey-gender-identity/">https://globalnews.ca/news/4408581/onta ... -identity/">https://globalnews.ca/news/4408581/ontario-minor-hockey-gender-identity/

Progs never miss a chance to warp the minds of kids.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I agree. And one can of course refuse

I'm only saying that I believe this is mandatory in order to play  .... nothing to do with fines etc.

This is brand new and I don't have all the detail on this one so am open to being filled in

Yes, it seems that way.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"I agree. And one can of course refuse

Yes, it seems that way.

Quote from: "Bricktop"They only get away with what YOU allow. People need to stand on their rights, not be bullied, and make some fucking noise when idiot organisations try this bullshit.

Its our cowering that gives them strength.

You are absolutely right,  But the thing is with this stuff there are going to be people who will agree with the insanity and will fight for it (and they will call everyone haters and phobes and all the rest of the crap for opposing this, count on it).  There will also be people who are apathetic and don't care so they will go along with it not to make waves.

it needs to be fought,  just don't count on it being an easy struggle, because it probably won't be.

Bricktop

It definitely won't be.

But the odd thing is that when one person stands up to this leftist bullying, 100 more are inspired to do the same.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It definitely won't be.

But the odd thing is that when one person stands up to this leftist bullying, 100 more are inspired to do the same.

If a league decides this is a requirement for playing, a parent can decide for themselves if they want to disappoint their son and not let him play..

But, the rules will stay.

Bricktop

The league CANNOT make this a mandatory pre-requisite for playing. It would be usurping the rights of parents.

No court will uphold that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The league CANNOT make this a mandatory pre-requisite for playing. It would be usurping the rights of parents.

No court will uphold that.

I think they can, particularly after the settlement of a case brought before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.