Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Gangnam Style

Started by Anonymous, October 17, 2012, 11:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

It has gone viral.

Gangnam Style" is a Korean neologism mainly associated with upscale fashion and lavish lifestyle associated with trendsetters in Seoul's Gangnam district (??), which is considered the most affluent part of the metropolitan area. In colloquial usage, it is comparable to the English slang terms "swag" or "yolo".

http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/gangnam-style-feature.jpg">

Anonymous

it translates really well east to west, i think. i perceive it as a mix of playful and cool. playcool?

Gary Oak

Cool appears to me as being a glamourisation of the smart trendy act done by stupid people who aren't well read

Romero

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Cool appears to me as being a glamourisation of the smart trendy act done by stupid people who aren't well read

I thought Gangnam Style was kind of silly at first.

Now I don't and neither do you. You're welcome!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Gary Oak"Cool appears to me as being a glamourisation of the smart trendy act done by stupid people who aren't well read

I thought Gangnam Style was kind of silly at first.

Now I don't and neither do you. You're welcome!

i know......ive been watching this video on continuous loop for the last two weeks...pretty stressful.. :oops:

Obvious Li

just to piss you off more......when i had my office in Kangnam....i made sure there were always several "personal assistants" around the office that looked like sisters of those in the video......never ever got a fucking thing done there......my partner and i would go for lots of drives just so we could sit at the crosswalks when there was a red light....jesus, i'm tearing up just thinking about it.... :cry:

Obvious Li

and i won't even go in to describing the "event girls" you see everywhere....oh lordy lordy lordy

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "bb"it translates really well east to west, i think. i perceive it as a mix of playful and cool. playcool?

Playful and cool for rich people.

i'm sorry imho that is in such poor taste - talking about people in terms of rich and whatever the other one is. poor?

is this carrying over from that other asian forum or is that the asian norm??

Obvious Li

Quote from: "hoo"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "bb"it translates really well east to west, i think. i perceive it as a mix of playful and cool. playcool?

Playful and cool for rich people.

i'm sorry imho that is in such poor taste - talking about people in terms of rich and whatever the other one is. poor?

is this carrying over from that other asian forum or is that the asian norm??

your not making a hoo lot of sense...can someone help ????

Pinay

just watched it on You Tube and it's actually fun and cool ! ;-)

Securious

Anonymous

The more I watch it the more I think Gangnam Style by Psy has "borrowed" a lot from You Can't Touch This by MC Hammer.

You decide.

Vancouver

I don't get why that fat Korean guy is so popular.
Time is malleable

@realAzhyaAryola

I don't get it either and I'm baffled at how popular this is. I don't see why. Sigh. Psy.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I don't get it either and I'm baffled at how popular this is. I don't see why. Sigh. Psy.

Lol  :lol: