The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

There is NO such thing as a "moderate" Islamic country

Started by Bricktop, October 13, 2018, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Islam wants to transform the West the same way it transformed Iran.

All religion has historically attempted to do this.  However, Islam succeeded where the others have failed, due to the fact that Church and State were never separate in Islamic nations.

cc

On that subject, seems to be swinging back to "normal" .. Iran, now Turkey in a big way, even  Malaysia, Indonesia all were "somewhat" secular but are rapidly returning to "Church and State not separate in Islamic nations."

Iraq, now much under Shia  Iran's influence and power (Good move George) will have to become islamist
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"On that subject, seems to be swinging back to "normal" .. Iran, now Turkey in a big way, even  Malaysia, Indonesia all were "somewhat" secular but are rapidly returning to "Church and State not separate in Islamic nations."

Iraq, now much under Shia  Iran's influence and power (Good move George) will have to become islamist

But, Malaysia did remove capital punishment..

I meant to start a thread about that..

Most of the islamic law is at the state level in Malaysia..

It is a beautiful country with excellent infrastructure.

Bricktop

It is still an Islamic country despite claims of being secular.

True, it's moderate and relatively benign internationally, but extremists still have influence.

The people are nice, though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It is still an Islamic country despite claims of being secular.

True, it's moderate and relatively benign internationally, but extremists still have influence.

The people are nice, though.

That influence is growing too..

Not as much as in Indonesia though.

cc

There are many signs that Malaysia is tightening up ... changes in laws etc. So far not glaring, but a trend in that direction.

Not sure I'd want to be a Chinese there over the long haul. World-wise islam is asserting itself and creeping toward more control

Islamists are becoming stronger and more prevalent there and everywhere

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"There are many signs that Malaysia is tightening up. So far not glaringly, but a trend in that direction

Do you mean Islamic influence is growing?

If you do, I agree it has since Dr Mahathir Mohamad  stepped down as prime minister..

The most  unsettling part about Malaysia, for me personally is the blatant discrimination against the Chinese population..

It's similar in some ways to the discrimination against Afrikaaners in South Afrika.

cc

Yes. I do mean Islamic influence is growing which always means increased discrimination of all others.

Again, "Not sure I'd want to be a Chinese there over the long haul" .. it's even tightening on Chinese in the current picture

Silly on the part of the country as it would be backward but for the chinese ... There are slightly more professionals who are Chinese, despite there making up only a quarter of the population

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes. I do mean Islamic influence is growing which always means increased discrimination of all others.

Again, "Not sure I'd want to be a Chinese there over the long haul" .. it's even tightening on Chinese in the current picture

Silly on the part of the country as it would be backward but for the chinese ... but islam, not practicality  is what matters most to serious islamics

Many Chinese Malaysians see no future for themselves in Malaysia, and I don't blame them..

Still, it has the best infrastructure, wildlife parks and some of  the best beaches in South East Asia.

cc

islam, not practicality  is what matters most to serious islamics and especially islamists.

That direction trends stronger of late everywhere and from all I read, it's not missing Malaysia

cc

We got the hard sell from some Ex Pats on Malasia when we considered moving business to Asia.

I'm so glad we chose otherwise as I do not think I could live in an islamic country

I'd prolly be still in jail and you would not even have gotten to know me  :wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"We got the hard sell from some Ex Pats on Malasia when we considered moving business to Asia.

I'm so glad we chose otherwise as I do not think I could live in an islamic country

I'd prolly be still in jail and you would not even have gotten to know me  :wink:

I'm glad you decided to stay in this country.

cc

The final choice at that time was the Filippines - then back to Canada in 4 years

We only intended to stay for the duration of the massive  "golf boom" in Asia mid 90s

I suspect you can relate .. to going where the action and money is at a point in time

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes. I do mean Islamic influence is growing which always means increased discrimination of all others.

Silly on the part of the country as it would be backward but for the chinese ... There are slightly more professionals who are Chinese, despite there making up only a quarter of the population

The higher the proportion of Chinese in a South East Asian country, the higher the level of development.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Still, it has the best infrastructure, wildlife parks and some of  the best beaches in South East Asia.

Singapore's infrastructure is vastly superior.

But Malaysia would run second ahead of other SE Asian countries.

Malaysia is extremely corrupt. Especially at local district level, where planning permissions are effectively bought from the local mayor.

Try bribing a police officer in Singapore and you're in a cell in minutes.