Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Thinking of getting a smartwatch

Started by Vancouver, November 21, 2018, 10:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"During my lunch break I went to Fossil and bought the watch. I can sleep tonight.

I thought you were buying it online.

Now until Sunday Fossil have the same black Friday 30% off everything in stores and online. I tried on the stainless steel explorist hr smartwatch. The silicone band version is more lightweight and felt more comfortable on my wrist. Plus it's $20 cheaper so that's what I got. The bands are interchangeable. Stainless steel does look more nice.
Time is malleable

Bricktop

Very few watch bands that look like stainless steel are in fact made of stainless steel. They use polished alloys, or plated brass.

High end watches use stainless steel. It's very heavy by comparison, and also expensive to manufacture due to its hardness.

A stainless steel watch band could cost you up to $1500.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Very few watch bands that look like stainless steel are in fact made of stainless steel. They use polished alloys, or plated brass.

High end watches use stainless steel. It's very heavy by comparison, and also expensive to manufacture due to its hardness.

A stainless steel watch band could cost you up to $1500.

I thought stainless steel was cheap to make.

Bricktop

But not to turn into watch bands.

They must be surgical stainless steel (to avoid skin irritations), which is very hard, and precisely machined and polished. It's like making a watch band using marble.