Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Relax - National Academy of Sciences Has Plan to Save the World

Started by cc, October 25, 2018, 03:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

cc

Possibly you have been mislead

However, according to them, last year the world put nearly 37 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide into the air, ....

The US put 5, so "one small step for ....................... mankind"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

kiebers

How about we irrigate the deserts and put plants to work doing what they do best? Yeah I know...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Possibly you have been mislead

However, according to them, last year the world put nearly 37 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide into the air, ....

The US put 5, so "one small step for ....................... mankind"

No, I was being sarcastic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"How about we irrigate the deserts and put plants to work doing what they do best? Yeah I know...LOL

Putting a price on "pollution" is the most effective way to save the planet. Trudeau wouldn't lie.

Bricktop

Yes. Because putting a price on drugs sure fixed that problem.

Frood

CO2 is like steroids for plant life. Good to see that they're prosecuting a war on ecological doping.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

cc

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"
This illustration provided by Carbon Engineering in October 2018 shows one of the designs of the company's air contactor assemblies to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/24/22/5376940-6312463-This_illustration_provided_by_Carbon_Engineering_in_October_2018-m-43_1540415945031.jpg">

I have a question.

What is the power source to drive such huge fans?

ac_umm

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

They will need a LOT of tears. That sucker would need the power output equivalent to that of a small city.

Of course, they may wish to use solar, which means no power at night or on grey days. Ditto wind...no wind, no power.

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "cc"
This illustration provided by Carbon Engineering in October 2018 shows one of the designs of the company's air contactor assemblies to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/24/22/5376940-6312463-This_illustration_provided_by_Carbon_Engineering_in_October_2018-m-43_1540415945031.jpg">

I have a question.

What is the power source to drive such huge fans?

ac_umm

Good question and my first thot. (maybe coal fired electricity?  :wink: )  

Imagine cost of building them, power (whatever the source) and powerlines, wear and tear / parts replacement etc. etc.

These climateers are whacky :crazy: .. and obsessed to the point of loosing any reason they might have once had

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No CO2, we all die.

Our prime minister calls it pollution.

:001_rolleyes: