Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Blazor"

I am consulting my lawyers.

acc_angry

:laugh:

ac_razz

You may laugh now...but when I post pics of me driving your Jeep around Australia, you won't think it so funny!!!

:t0135:

You know where to hit me where it hurts, you bastard! I value my Jeep as much as my son lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Going to tell me what is legal here, Brick?

You've tried to do it in the past.

No. I'm telling you what is legal in Australia, and any implement which fires a projectile by means of explosive force is classified as a firearm, and thus falls into the category of implements requiring registration and licensing.

You will find the same applies in the UK, and many other parts of the world.

To test YOUR theory as to legality, put an extra long fuse in one, light it then run to stand in front of it.

Kneel down, preferably.

That toy would  be illegal in Australia?

Toy?

Would you give one to your children?

My son is thirteen..

He probably would feel he's too old for that toy canon.

:roll:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Herman"A lot more practical eh Zetsu.

Indeed  ac_cool   Not to mention the best and highest quality ones on the market are made by Ukrainian craftsmans.  ac_drinks

Herman will order one now.

I'm definately down for buying too.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Indeed  ac_cool   Not to mention the best and highest quality ones on the market are made by Ukrainian craftsmans.  ac_drinks

Do you have your parent's permission.

Anonymous

:laugh3:

Zetsu

Sadly no  :sad:
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Than you don't get any. ac_sothere

Anonymous

Your parents are strict Zetsu.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Blurt"No, Mel. It wasn't a fun thread.

Bartop petards are perilous; you could put out your eye. Unless, of course, you use it while sober.

Actually, they are pretty safe, a little cannon like this.  While they can obviously cause damage if you stick your hand in front of it right before lighting the fuse, that damage wouldn't be 'life altering.'

Black powder isn't actually a 'high explosive' using layman's terms...  It is actually a slow burning (relatively) powder, so there simply isn't that much pressure forming in a mini-cannon (using black powder) to blast the shot out with much more energy than your average BB gun could offer, give or take.

Now, if we were to use flash powder, we're in a WHOLE other ballpark then!  Flash powder is regulated in this country much more heavily than black powder is, even though it is still somewhat possible to source in legal ways.  However, flash powder truly is crazy shit, and is best left to professional pyrotechnicians to fuck around with!  You were to throw some flash powder in that mini-cannon, and you truly would have a device that could very quickly become very dangerous...  Black powder is still pretty 'tame'.

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Going to tell me what is legal here, Brick?

You've tried to do it in the past.

No. I'm telling you what is legal in Australia, and any implement which fires a projectile by means of explosive force is classified as a firearm, and thus falls into the category of implements requiring registration and licensing.

You will find the same applies in the UK, and many other parts of the world.

To test YOUR theory as to legality, put an extra long fuse in one, light it then run to stand in front of it.

Kneel down, preferably.

That toy would  be illegal in Australia?

Mace is illegal here. Everything except the humble bow and arrow. It's rather pathetic.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Everything except the humble bow and arrow.

They're working hard to make those illegal also, I'm sure...  It's for your safety.  You should be thankful!

Frood

Did you know that if you put a match head into the end of a pencil and crimp the eraser back into the metal then heat it with a lighter, that's a firearm here.

It's gotten ridiculous these days.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

I realized just the other day how nutty things are in OZ, when I learned that slingshots (gings?) are illegal in half your nation.

What the fuck?  A fucking slingshot?  Welcome to OZ!

Frood

Our nation was founded on suppression of the people. Now most of us celebrate more and more rules and bans.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

I have never known much about OZ until more recently in my life, but I think the 'olden day, childhood version' of what I imagined OZ to be (free, mean, tough, etc...)  You know...  Croc Dundee.  Micheal.  THIS IS A KNOIFE!

THAT was quickly dashed once I viewed the 1001 rules of things that you cannot HAVE, and you cannot DO.

I knew the UK was always like that, but then I realized that OZ is even worse!

I think Canada is probably the least restrictive Crown colony, as it has aligned its rules moreso with the US, than with the other Brit colonies.

And I am thankful for that.  Micheal was just an actor, and he was in the US, so he could possess his blade.  That WAS a KNOIFE!  And I am glad that I can possess that knife also, and am sad that you Desert Criminals cannot...