The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

It's a Sunny fall weekend in Vancouver!

Started by Superchecker, November 16, 2018, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I thought you lived in Richmond?

Yes, well...

Gaon

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"There's lots of trades work here, and with the right company the pay is OK, relatively speaking.  Van is somewhat limited with opportunity for the 'average' guy...  Trades is the best way to stay busy and earn a living here, it seems.

Pay for residential work is a bit low, but that is most of the work in urban areas. I had a chance to go to the NWT for big money. I would never be home, so I turned it down.
The Russian Rock It

Chuck Bronson

Gaon

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Are you Red Seal?

I am looking into challenging the exam to become a journeyman plumber, and HVAC tech if I can.
The Russian Rock It

Vancouver

Hmm. I don't remember saying that. I did live there from 2002-2005. It was more quiet and cozy back then. Now it's a gong show. The city of Richmond is terrible.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

Hmm. I don't remember saying that. I did live there from 2002-2005. It was more quiet and cozy back then. Now it's a gong show. The city of Richmond is terrible.

I apologize TheVancouverGuy..

I thought you lived there now..

I was in Richmond yesterday.....what makes it terrible in your opinion?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Gaon"I am looking into challenging the exam to become a journeyman plumber, and HVAC tech if I can.

That will be what will hold you back then...  as far as wages and opportunities.

You need to bide your time, and get the Red Seal.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Really crowded. So much people live and go there. The bad drivers. Traffic is a nightmare. The authentic Asian food are good though. Did you fly here?
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Really crowded. So much people live and go there. The bad drivers. Traffic is a nightmare. The authentic Asian food are good though. Did you fly here?

Yes, I flew here..

Taking public transportation while we are here, I don't realize how crowded the place is or how congested the roads are.

Vancouver

What are you doing here? Visiting family?
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"What are you doing here? Visiting family?

Yes, we are visiting relatives.

Gaon

I have this sunny Saturday off. A trip to White Rock and a walk by the water is on the agenda today.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"I have this sunny Saturday off. A trip to White Rock and a walk by the water is on the agenda today.

I rode the Seabus yesterday.

ac_smile

Vancouver

Quote from: "Gaon"I have this sunny Saturday off. A trip to White Rock and a walk by the water is on the agenda today.

How much are you paying rent a month in Surrey? You came here with your family?
Time is malleable

Anonymous

How much are you paying rent a month in Surrey? You came here with your family?

Are rents still rising in the Vancouver area?