Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The Middle East Peace Process

Started by Gaon, November 25, 2018, 08:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Interesting.

Yet what claim did the Jews have on ANY of British Palestine?

The Balfour Declaration of 1917, promising British support for a Jewish "national home" in Palestine.

In fact, before local Jews began calling themselves Israelis in 1948 (when the name "Israel" was chosen for the newly-established Jewish State), the term "Palestine" applied almost exclusively to Jews and the institutions founded by new Jewish immigrants in the first half of the 20th century, before the state's independence.

Some examples include:

The Jerusalem Post, founded in 1932, was called The Palestine Post until 1948.

Bank Leumi L'Israel, incorporated in 1902, was called the "Anglo-Palestine Company" until 1948.

The Jewish Agency – an arm of the Zionist movement engaged in Jewish settlement since 1929 – was initially called the Jewish Agency for Palestine.

Today's Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, founded in 1936 by German Jewish refugees who fled Nazi Germany, was originally called the "Palestine Symphony Orchestra," composed of some 70 Palestinian Jews

Very interesting indeed Gaon..

You're educating us about your country.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"

The Balfour Declaration of 1917, promising British support for a Jewish "national home" in Palestine.

In fact, before local Jews began calling themselves Israelis in 1948 (when the name "Israel" was chosen for the newly-established Jewish State), the term "Palestine" applied almost exclusively to Jews and the institutions founded by new Jewish immigrants in the first half of the 20th century, before the state's independence.

Some examples include:

Bank Leumi L'Israel, incorporated in 1902, was called the "Anglo-Palestine Company" until 1948.

The Jewish Agency – an arm of the Zionist movement engaged in Jewish settlement since 1929 – was initially called the Jewish Agency for Palestine.

Today's Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, founded in 1936 by German Jewish refugees who fled Nazi Germany, was originally called the "Palestine Symphony Orchestra," composed of some 70 Palestinian Jews

Very interesting indeed Gaon..

You're educating us about your country.

Thank you Madame. It's not what the UN and their leftist shills want you to know.
The Russian Rock It

JOE

Quote from: "Gaon"The peace process has three false basic assumptions; that Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the main cause of instability in the Middle East, that the conflict is territorial and not ideological, and that the establishment of a Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders will end the conflict.

I think there's plenty of blame on both sides.

Im not saying the Palestinians are angels but Israel sure isnt either

Unlike the United States many Canadians do not feel any affinity with Israel & would rather not align ourselves with them. They are not really our allies nor are we beholden to them.

Canadians like myself resent our citizens going over to Israel to fight for that country in conflicts which Canada is not involved with. Then they expect to be able to return like nothing happened.

What we should tell these young people is if they choose to take up arms for Israel, then take up citizenship there give up your Canadian and please dont come back.

Dual citizenship should only be valid and used for peaceful purposes and not to wage war.

We discourage Canadian nationals from joining other nations militaries like Russia or Iran so we should apply the same principle  to Israel too.

Anonymous

Hey Gaon, ignore this discussion derailing attention whore. Besides being a pathological liar, he is sixty and never been laid.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Hey Gaon, ignore this discussion derailing attention whore. Besides being a pathological liar, he is sixty and never been laid.

Let's not scare Gaon away Herman..

I enjoy reading his posts about Israel just like I enjoy reading Odi's posts about Finland and Brick's posts about Australia..

You and JOE can have it out in RR.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"Hey Gaon, ignore this discussion derailing attention whore. Besides being a pathological liar, he is sixty and never been laid.

I enjoy reading his posts about Israel just like I enjoy reading Odi's posts about Finland and Brick's posts about Australia..

Well I just say what I think Fashionista.

That I don't want Canadian born citizens feeling entitled that they can take up arms for a foreign nation or entity like iSIS or the Palestinians. The fear being that our country can get sucked into these conflicts and become a target for terrorists like the USA and many countries in Europe have.

In other words remain neutral in these conflicts and discourage Canadians from getting involved in them.

Incidentally I dont take a side for Israel or Palestine because I think there is plenty if blame on both sides

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"

That I don't want Canadian born citizens feeling entitled that they can take up arms for a foreign nation or entity like iSIS or the Palestinians. The fear being that our country can get sucked into these conflicts and become a target for terrorists like the USA and many countries in Europe have.

In other words remain neutral in these conflicts and discourage Canadians from getting involved in them.

Incidentally I dont take a side for Israel or Palestine because I think there is plenty if blame on both sides

I was talking to Herman..

As I said, I really enjoy reading posts about foreign countries that posters live in or have lived in..

And I want posters like Gaon to continue doing that..

Perhaps some people may even want to read about Taiwan.

JOE

I was talking to Herman..

As I said, I really enjoy reading posts about foreign countries that posters live in or have lived in..

And I want posters like Gaon to continue doing that..

Perhaps some people may even want to read about Taiwan.

I don't mind Israeli immigrants. They seem OK, just wanba be left alone.

I appreciate the fact that they try to blend in and dont try to impose their religious beliefs lifestyle on Canada like fundamentalist Islam does.

If I could tell Muslims openly what I thinl i wish their women got rid of those stinkin burqas and niqabs.

They look awful

Anonymous

He does not read posts and his posts are not about the thread discussion. I had enough and he is ignored.

Bricktop

Some examples include:

These appellations are, of course, irrelevant.

The fact is that Britain inherited what was known as Palestine after the 2nd World War, and sought to create a "2 state" solution of sorts. However, the Jewish organisations saw Palestine as the homeland Jews had been seeking for centuries and despite British resistance, flooded the area with Jews fleeing Europe.

In order to remove British influence, the Jews formed terror brigades and implemented a program of terror against British and "Palestinian" agencies...the first use of terror as a political weapon in the modern era, and one which the Palestinians learned much from.

Britain capitulated, seeing there was no hope of a peaceful solution that involved dual States. This led to a "civil" war between Arabs and Jews which saw the displacement of Arabs from what was known as Palestinian.

With Jewish forces well in control of the area, Israel declared itself a sovereign nation, and initiated the first Arab-Israeli war, which saw Arab forces repelled. Arab nations since, other than Egypt, refuse to recognise Israel...and never will. Jordan has been toying with the idea, as many of the original Palestinian Arabs came from what is now Israel. However, other Arab States have made it clear that Jordan will risk confrontation if it recognises Israel.

An odd and erroneous understanding is that Iran is one of the Arab bloc against Israel. Iran is not Arabic, but Persian, and so had no dog in the fight when Israel was formed. It would seem their contempt for Israel is more based on religious than national grounds.

Gaon

I am establishing  that Jews are the original Palestinians as Britain recognized them.

Britain didn't inherit Palestine, they took it as result of the Sykes-Picot Agreement. This created artificial borders in the Middle East. ISIL states that one of of their aims is to reverse that agreement. Irgun which you cited, was established as a result of that terrible agreement to carve up the Middle East.

The original Sykes-Picot agreement was reconfirmed at the 1920 San-Remo Conference, incorporating on Britain's insistence the Balfour Declaration – without, however, drawing final borders, including those between the Galilee and the Golan. The Zionist movement had laid claim to all the land up to the Litani river, now in Lebanon, and to the sources of the river Jordan, but while the border of Palestine was eventually extended northward, mainly as a result of the Jewish settlements in what is now called the "Galilee salient," the Litani river, most of the Golan, excluding the eastern shore of the Sea of Galilee and the Banias river, remained French and later Syrian or Lebanese – until the Six Day War in 1967.

On the downside, it must be admitted that in creating the artificial states of Iraq, Syria and to some extent, Jordan, the Sykes-Picot agreement can also be blamed for the present mayhem in the Middle East and in consequence, many of the dangers facing Europe and the rest of the world today.
The Russian Rock It

JOE

Quote from: "seoulbro"

He does not read posts and his posts are not about the thread discussion. I had enough and he is ignored.

For someone who describes himself as a 'progressive ', you're sure not very open minded seoulbro.

Your 'koreanness' often shines through as you can be very stubborn and set in your ways, Seoul.

I gets the impression after reading your posts that besides being very Conservative, Korean men are  stubborn, quick to anger & hardheaded. I once dated a Korean girl & she said her Dad and family were very conservative and set in their ways. So I guess yer a product of that culture eh

Bricktop

Quote from: "Gaon"it must be admitted that in creating the artificial states of Iraq, Syria and to some extent, Jordan,

Israel is equally artificial.

That said, so are many nations. Israel is no different to America, Australia, Canada, and other nations transplanted by colonialism.

The entire middle east is a trainwreck, ruined by greedy colonial powers that based their foreign relations on white superiority.

There will be no peace, because there will be no peace between arab and muslim States.

The only thing that will settle things is World War 3.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

For someone who describes himself as a 'progressive ', you're sure not very open minded seoulbro.

Your 'koreanness' often shines through as you can be very stubborn and set in your ways, Seoul.

I gets the impression after reading your posts that besides being very Conservative, Korean men are  stubborn, quick to anger & hardheaded. I once dated a Korean girl & she said her Dad and family were very conservative and set in their ways. So I guess yer a product of that culture eh

Seoul just isn't interested in wasting his time on juvenile trolling.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Gaon"it must be admitted that in creating the artificial states of Iraq, Syria and to some extent, Jordan,

Israel is equally artificial.

That said, so are many nations. Israel is no different to America, Australia, Canada, and other nations transplanted by colonialism.

The entire middle east is a trainwreck, ruined by greedy colonial powers that based their foreign relations on white superiority.

There will be no peace, because there will be no peace between arab and muslim States.

The only thing that will settle things is World War 3.

At the time of the Balfour declaration the number of Jews living in Israel was between 80,000 and 90,000. What most people don't know is that these Jews had already established a de facto Jewish National Home.

The Jews, some of whom had lived in the land for centuries, had established this de facto state without the assistance of any colonial or imperialist powers. Instead, they relied on their own hard work, building infrastructure and cultivating land they'd legally purchased.

The Balfour Declaration did not establish a Jewish state. It was an endorsement by the British government of a Jewish protectorate. An endorsement they abandoned upon taking control of the land. They then began doing everything they could to prevent the establishment of a Jewish State.
The Russian Rock It