The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

GM closing all Oshawa, Ontario operations

Started by Anonymous, November 26, 2018, 12:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"
I remember in the 70's, station wagons were all they rage.

They don't make them any more.

Oh, but they do.  We just call them SUV's now, and they sell quite well.

Ford knows what they're doing.  They've been at this game for a long time, and were the only one that didn't need their asses bailed out.

Berry Sweet

Canadians...complaining about the cost of gas,  insurance rates, etc...but they want that large vehicle they cant afford.  We have dumb government and even dumber citizens.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Canadians...complaining about the cost of gas,  insurance rates, etc...but they want that large vehicle they cant afford.  We have dumb government and even dumber citizens.

That's the way most of us are.

@realAzhyaAryola

Talk about quality? I have never had more problems with an American car than with a European or Asian car. To me, not one is better than the other. They are all pretty much the same. I just prefer American cars, period. Thank you. Come again.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Talk about quality? I have never had more problems with an American car than with a European or Asian car. To me, not one is better than the other. They are all pretty much the same. I just prefer American cars, period. Thank you. Come again.

No problem with that.

Bricktop

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Talk about quality? I have never had more problems with an American car than with a European or Asian car. To me, not one is better than the other. They are all pretty much the same. I just prefer American cars, period. Thank you. Come again.

You prefer American because there is no-one more patriotic or loyal than a convert.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

You prefer American because there is no-one more patriotic or loyal than a convert.

If she prefers American, so be it.

Anonymous

If you buy a brand new car, most warranties are similar..

And If you keep up regular oil changes won't most have the same durability?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
And If you keep up regular oil changes won't most have the same durability?

No.  Many factors are involved when it comes to reliability...  From design, to assembly quality control, to the parts they actually source.  Remember, the engine itself is generally the last thing to fail...  It's everything else that goes!

Japanese have a reputation for quality control, but remember that Jap cars used to be huge pieces of shit also.

That said, all have had their faults, and I'm talking about more recently like in the last two decades or so.

Remember also that your Jap car is most likely now assembled in the US, and your Ford could very well come from Mexico.

Perhaps the best measure of 'quality' is how a brand treats the customer after purchase, should a problem arise.

Anonymous

Dollar for dollar, Honda Civics are the best cars on the road

Chuck Bronson

Civics are good, and built in Canada I believe, if that means anything!

Anonymous

What's the worst car everyone has owned? Ford Taurus or tortoise for me.

Bricktop

I've been lucky in that I've never owned one that was bad. Some were better than others. Our Landrover is the best I've owned, with a Ford Cortina probably the "worst"...but it never let me down.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I've been lucky in that I've never owned one that was bad. Some were better than others. Our Landrover is the best I've owned, with a Ford Cortina probably the "worst"...but it never let me down.

I don't know much about the Cortina. It.was built for the British market.

Bricktop

Yes.

Sold in their millions. Hugely popular. Sold a lot in Australia too. But they simply were not up to the level of the Japanese cars and were discontinued in the 70's.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.historics.co.uk%2Fmedia%2F1055659%2F1968_ford_cortina_1600_super_1.jpg%3Fanchor%3Dcenter%26mode%3Dcrop%26width%3D1000&f=1">