Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Religions I’d never consider converting to

Started by JOE, December 07, 2018, 12:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"No visible church or denomination is the true church, because the bride of Christ is not an institution, but is instead a spiritual entity made up of those who have by grace through faith been brought into a close, intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8–9)..

Those people, no matter which building, denomination, or country they happen to be in, constitute the true church.

But you do have a building where you all gather for sermons?

And a guy who does all the talking in a sermon?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"No visible church or denomination is the true church, because the bride of Christ is not an institution, but is instead a spiritual entity made up of those who have by grace through faith been brought into a close, intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8–9)..

Those people, no matter which building, denomination, or country they happen to be in, constitute the true church.

I think you misunderstand Odinson..

I mean the true body of Christ is not the building or the name of the denomination outside..

We rent rent a  building where we fellowship, but that structure is not  what makes us believers.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I mean the true body of Christ is not the building or the name of the denomination outside..

We rent rent a  building where we fellowship, but that structure is not  what makes us believers.

I was implying that many protestants dont think of the church as anything but a place to go to pray.

Catholicism has always been about "gods voices on earth", trinkets and buildings.

They worship the pope.

Anonymous

I was implying that many protestants dont think of the church as anything but a place to go to pray.

Catholicism has always been about "gods voices on earth", trinkets and buildings.

They worship the pope.

That's because neither mainline protestantism or catholicism are in the body of Christ..

Both are man made social organizations.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Gaon"
I am an ethnic Jew.

Interesting.

That implies that judaism is a race, not a religion.

In my case it is. I consider myself a Russian Israeli. I am a nationalist, but I hate the special treatment the haredim get. They don't work, they don't serve in the army and the lazy bastards pull the strings on the knesset. On top of this, they have huge families.

Israel, should drop the outdated Law of Return and the fake conversions that go along with it just so people in places like Colombia and Sudan can get Israeli citizenship. If we get rid of the Law of Return and the religious aspects around it, we can become a secular nation with immigration policies that meet the interests of the nation. And if the chief rabbinate don't like it, they can go get real jobs like real Israelis.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

I am an ethnic Jew.

Interesting.

In my case it is. I consider myself a Russian Israeli. I am a nationalist, but I hate the special treatment the haredim get. They don't work, they don't serve in the army and the lazy bastards pull the strings on the knesset. On top of this, they have huge families.

Israel, should drop the outdated Law of Return and the fake conversions that go along with it just so people in places like Colombia and Sudan can get Israeli citizenship. If we get rid of the Law of Return and the religious aspects around it, we can become a secular nation with immigration policies that meet the interests of the nation. And if the chief rabbinate don't like it, they can go get real jobs like real Israelis.

What do you mean Gaon?

Gaon

I am an ethnic Jew.

Interesting.

What do you mean Gaon?

For example, in my city we had a sizable Spanish speaking community. They buy fake conversion certificates or ketubahs to make aliyah and then they are eligible for all the services Israel provides to new immigrants. What kind of a country offers financial incentives to liars and cheats.

The Law of Return is not sustainable.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

In my case it is. I consider myself a Russian Israeli.

But are you a jew?

Gaon

In my case it is. I consider myself a Russian Israeli.

But are you a jew?

I get your point.

I was able to immigrate to Israel because of the Law of Return, but I want it scrapped. It encourages abuse and I gave the example with South Americans.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Yes.

But the question is "are you a jew"?

I ask not through any anti semitic silliness...but as a genuine enquiry. Is being Jewish a matter of birthright, nationality, or freedom of choice?

Blurt

I would never convert to Joeism.

The dogma is silly, the rituals boring, and the gold-and-purple silk pantaloons clash with my complexion.

And who the hell has Playboy magazine and DC Comics as their Holy Scriptures?
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"I would never convert to Joeism.

The dogma is silly, the rituals boring, and the gold-and-purple silk pantaloons clash with my complexion.

And who the hell has Playboy magazine and DC Comics as their Holy Scriptures?

Saint JOE does.

:laugh:

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes.

But the question is "are you a jew"?

I ask not through any anti semitic silliness...but as a genuine enquiry. Is being Jewish a matter of birthright, nationality, or freedom of choice?

According to the Law of Return, most of the of the above.

I consider myself a Russian Israeli. Jewish has very little meaning. And I really detest the haredim.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

So you keep saying. I do not know what the haredim are.

Nonetheless, you seem disinclined to answer, and that's fine. It's a private issue after all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"So you keep saying. I do not know what the haredim are.

Nonetheless, you seem disinclined to answer, and that's fine. It's a private issue after all.

He answered it....he's not religiously Jewish anymore than you are Christian.