Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

cost of living in Israel

Started by Anonymous, December 10, 2018, 10:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Gaon, i have asked Bricktop, DD and BALLLSONARO to post about the cost of living in their countries..

You live in Vancouver now, but you are from Israel..

Can you compare food, clothing and shelter costs.

Gaon

Basic groceries, particularly fresh fruits and vegetables are considerably cheaper in Israel. I owned my flat in Israel, but rents in my city are about half what they are in Vancouver. I didn't live in Tel Aviv, so it's not a fair comparison. Public transportation and data plans are a lot cheaper in Israel too.

Stuff more expensive back in Israel are clothing, fuel and cars, and utilities.

Wages are higher in Canada, but not significantly higher. Depends on what you do too.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Basic groceries, particularly fresh fruits and vegetables are considerably cheaper in Israel. I owned my flat in Israel, but rents in my city are about half what they are in Vancouver. I didn't live in Tel Aviv, so it's not a fair comparison. Public transportation and data plans are a lot cheaper in Israel too.

Wages are higher in Canada, but not significantly higher. Depends on what you do too.

With a warm climate, it makes sense produce is cheaper..

How about pork, beef and chicken?

Well, I guess not pork.

:laugh:

Gaon

Chicken is a staple in Israel and it is cheaper than here. Beef was a treat and more expensive than in Canada.

I am not religious, I don't keep kosher and I do eat pork. Most Russians in Israel eat pork. It's comparable in price to here I think.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Basic groceries, particularly fresh fruits and vegetables are considerably cheaper in Israel. I owned my flat in Israel, but rents in my city are about half what they are in Vancouver. I didn't live in Tel Aviv, so it's not a fair comparison. Public transportation and data plans are a lot cheaper in Israel too.

Damn, the street food in Israel is good. Who needed restaurants when you had falafel and schwama cheap and everywhere.

But, I notice you didn't say anything about the cost of barrel wash in Israel.

Gaon

Quote from: "Herman"

Damn, the street food in Israel is good. Who needed restaurants when you had falafel and schwama cheap and everywhere.

But, I notice you didn't say anything about the cost of barrel wash in Israel.

I have no idea what barrel wash is.

My wife and I dink wine. Wine prices in Israel are close to here, but the quality of wine for a cheap bottle is better  than what you get in Vancouver in my opinion.

Beer tends to be a little more expensive in Israel.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

You don't know what barrel wash is. You really are fresh off the boat aint ya. :laugh3:

Gaon

Quote from: "Herman"You don't know what barrel wash is. You really are fresh off the boat aint ya. :laugh3:

ac_dunno
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Chicken is a staple in Israel and it is cheaper than here. Beef was a treat and more expensive than in Canada.

I am not religious, I don't keep kosher and I do eat pork. Most Russians in Israel eat pork. It's comparable in price to here I think.

Really.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"You don't know what barrel wash is. You really are fresh off the boat aint ya. :laugh3:

Well, you have no clue what single malt is!!!

ac_umm

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Gaon"Chicken is a staple in Israel and it is cheaper than here. Beef was a treat and more expensive than in Canada.

Really.

Yes ma'am.

Russians in Israel don't keep kosher. Many don't do anything for high holidays or even have bar mitzvahs/bat mitzvahs. A lot of us put up Christmas trees.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Oy vay!!!

We were really assimilated in Russia.

I'm more comfortable with Christmas than I am Jewish holidays. This is why Israelis who are not Russian say we are fake Jews. We shouldn't be allowed to make aliyah.

I don't consider myself Jewish at all. I wouldn't know how to be an observant Jew.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Oy vay!!!

We were really assimilated in Russia.

I'm more comfortable with Christmas than I am Jewish holidays. This is why Israelis who are not Russian say we are fake Jews. We shouldn't be allowed to make aliyah.

I don't consider myself Jewish at all. I wouldn't know how to be an observant Jew.

Wow, just wow.

:ohmy:

Anonymous

How much does a golf pass cost in Israel? How about a  750 ml bottle of single malt Scotch?