The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The Federal Reserve is Deliberately Trying to Destroy the US Economy so Trump Will be Blamed

Started by Wazzzup, December 19, 2018, 03:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wazzzup

The stock market started tanking when the Fed last raised interest rates.  They should have known to back off, but now they are saying they will make another increase.  At this point I think it is clear they are deliberately trying to sabotage the American economy in order to harm Trump politically.  

[size=150]Fed raises interest rates amid fierce pushback from Trump (and huge stock market losses)[/size]

https://www.businessinsider.com/federal-reserve-interest-rate-statement-december-2018-2018-12">https://www.businessinsider.com/federal ... 18-2018-12">https://www.businessinsider.com/federal-reserve-interest-rate-statement-december-2018-2018-12

This is the kind of length's Trump haters will go to damage him.  Nothing they do surprises me anymore.

JOE

Quote from: "Wazzzup"The stock market started tanking when the Fed last raised interest rates.  they should have known to back off, but now they are saying they will make another increase.  At this point I think it is clear they are deliberately trying to sabotage the American economy in order to harm Trump politically.  

Actually, you never know who's behind the manipulation of the economy and the markets, eh Lump?

Tharz always somebody higher up who's a Bigger Bugger or Bitch than somebody else, eh?

Git too close to their levers of power & they feel threatened an' hammer down whomever poses a threat to their power.

What we read in the paper about this person or that one bein' the most powerful or richest person in the world may all be a farce to deflect our awareness of who's the real 'Power behind the throne'.

So Trump could be just a puppet of somebody else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"The stock market started tanking when the Fed last raised interest rates.  they should have known to back off, but now they are saying they will make another increase.  At this point I think it is clear they are deliberately trying to sabotage the American economy in order to harm Trump politically.  

I think independent orgs like the BoC, Bank of England and the Fed need to reign in over-extended consumers, particularly in Canada. Personally, I think the Fed should halt more rate hikes for now. More importantly, they should signal to the markets they are not pursuing a higher interest rate policy.

But, Trump put the Fed between a rock and a hard place with his tweets. If they did not issue another quarter point increase, their independence would have been suspect.

Blazor

Quote from: "JOE"

Actually, you never know who's behind the manipulation of the economy and the markets, eh Lump?

Tharz always somebody higher up who's a Bigger Bugger or Bitch than somebody else, eh?

Git too close to their levers of power & they feel threatened an' hammer down whomever poses a threat to their power.

What we read in the paper about this person or that one bein' the most powerful or richest person in the world may all be a farce to deflect our awareness of who's the real 'Power behind the throne'.

So Trump could be just a puppet of somebody else.

Good post Joe  :thumbup:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

I seen this coming as well. When the economy is trying to recover, its too soon to raise the rates. Greedy fuckers. And you're totally right, it will make Trump look bad, and fuck all of us common folk as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I seen this coming as well. When the economy is trying to recover, its too soon to raise the rates. Greedy fuckers. And you're totally right, it will make Trump look bad, and fuck all of us common folk as well.

The rationale is that the strong economy under Trump could overheat and put inflationary pressure on wages. Wages didn't really grow under Obama's slow growth policies. Wages are rising under Trump's accelerated growth policies.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Blazor"I seen this coming as well. When the economy is trying to recover, its too soon to raise the rates. Greedy fuckers. And you're totally right, it will make Trump look bad, and fuck all of us common folk as well.

The rationale is that the strong economy under Trump could overheat and put inflationary pressure on wages. Wages didn't really grow under Obama's slow growth policies. Wages are rising under Trump's accelerated growth policies.

This is true, as I havent had a raise since Obama took office lol. As a matter of fact, I lost my prior job when he got elected!

Bricktop

In my view there is a bigger problem here; that an unelected, unfettered and privately owned organisation is given the means and ability to affect the lives of millions of people from their closeted boardroom in a high rise separated from the people who are affected by their ponderings.

Australia's Reserve Bank is independent, but not privately run...but is not answerable to the electorate, who has no say in who sits on the board. Thus it is distinctly removed from the electoral process, and thus not answerable to the electorate, only to Parliament. And where money is concerned, the level of trust in politicians dives steeply.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"In my view there is a bigger problem here; that an unelected, unfettered and privately owned organisation is given the means and ability to affect the lives of millions of people from their closeted boardroom in a high rise separated from the people who are affected by their ponderings.

Australia's Reserve Bank is independent, but not privately run...but is not answerable to the electorate, who has no say in who sits on the board. Thus it is distinctly removed from the electoral process, and thus not answerable to the electorate, only to Parliament. And where money is concerned, the level of trust in politicians dives steeply.

THOSE in control of the Reserve, are the ones Scouse speaks of, and in the long video I recently posted.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"In my view there is a bigger problem here; that an unelected, unfettered and privately owned organisation is given the means and ability to affect the lives of millions of people from their closeted boardroom in a high rise separated from the people who are affected by their ponderings.

The Bank of Israel is owned by the Ministry of Finance which itself is owned by the Government of Israel. It has independence in determining its policy tools and the way of implementing them.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"

THOSE in control of the Reserve, are the ones Scouse speaks of, and in the long video I recently posted.

I'm aware of that...and I commented then that something is wrong with that organisation, and the power it wields.

Gaon

In 2010, the Bank of Israel was ranked first among central banks for its efficient functioning, according to IMD's World Competitiveness Yearbook.
The Russian Rock It

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I'm aware of that...and I commented then that something is wrong with that organisation, and the power it wields.

I believe you did! Sorry, musta smoked that memory up  :laugh:

Anonymous

I like SCOUSE very much, but I doubt he has any idea how any country's central bank really works or their accountability.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I believe you did! Sorry, musta smoked that memory up  :laugh:

Moonshine messes with your mind!!!