Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

My languages

Started by Gaon, December 25, 2018, 09:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"https://coubsecure-s.akamaihd.net/get/b203/p/coub/simple/cw_timeline_pic/cc104b9bc58/390e78b46a138b857e04d/big_1525900932_image.jpg">

Is there a connection between suicide and high rates of happiness..

I read that Utah is rated the happiest state in the USA, but they also have a very high rate of suicide, much like your country.

I dont know what its like living in Utah but they probably have something that you either hate or love.. There is no middle ground..

You either hate the grimness of this place or you love it.

When you crack, the abyss just swallows you up.

The new "immigrants" are fond of suicide too and they want to get out of here..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Odinson"https://coubsecure-s.akamaihd.net/get/b203/p/coub/simple/cw_timeline_pic/cc104b9bc58/390e78b46a138b857e04d/big_1525900932_image.jpg">

I read that Utah is rated the happiest state in the USA, but they also have a very high rate of suicide, much like your country.

I dont know what its like living in Utah but they probably have something that you either hate or love.. There is no middle ground..

Shen Li says that happiness is overrated..

And that it's cultural too..

She uses the Philippines and Japan as examples..

The Philippines is poor and by far the most Westernized  country in the East, but it has a higher rate of happiness than rich Japan..

Now that example contradicts my theory about a connection between happiness and high rates of suicide..

The Philippines has a low rate of suicide and Japan has one of the higher rates of suicide in the world.

Gaon

Finland is 32nd. Japan is 30th. The country I was born in is third. Israel is 147th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... icide_rate">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

Shen Li says that happiness is overrated..

And that it's cultural too..

She uses the Philippines and Japan as examples..

The Philippines is poor and by far the most Westernized  country in the East, but it has a higher rate of happiness than rich Japan..

Now that example contradicts my theory about a connection between happiness and high rates of suicide..

The Philippines has a low rate of suicide and Japan has one of the higher rates of suicide in the world.

Its very hard not to be happy in the Philippines.. All you need is a guitar, sunglasses and a bamboo shack on the beach.

The bar is very low.. You dont drop into an abyss if you fail... People are mellow..

Japan is pretty inhumaine place to live... You are rich but you are still a lonely reject.. You are poor and you are a total scum of the earth.

Odinson

Its really hard to be happy when you have to buy friends and family members.

Frood

And they have Mox fuel burning up on their East coast and poisoning the planet.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Its very hard not to be happy in the Philippines.. All you need is a guitar, sunglasses and a bamboo shack on the beach.

The bar is very low.. You dont drop into an abyss if you fail... People are mellow..

Japan is pretty inhumaine place to live... You are rich but you are still a lonely reject.. You are poor and you are a total scum of the earth.

I have never met an unhappy Filipino..

Japan is a very structured society that demands conformity, like Taiwan..

Not every Japanese wants to do that.

Odinson

The tropics usually are very happy places..

But when the electricity goes out.. It stays out for a year..

The japanese still seem to have that old code of honour in place..

And they are really tweaked to maximum efficiency.

Anonymous

I've never heard that..

I guess it depends on which tropical country you mean.

Odinson

I've never heard that..

I guess it depends on which tropical country you mean.

The people in tropics are overall care-free..

Nothing works like clockwork.

Bricktop

Have you been to "the tropics"?

In many Pacific islands, life is spartan and difficult. Need a doctor? Wait 2 or 3 days. Toothache? Dentist MIGHT be free in a week. In the major town. 300km away. By boat.

Electricity bills? What electricity?

Luxury is a bitumen road.

Sure, life is simple...but easy? I'm not so sure.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Have you been to "the tropics"?

In many Pacific islands, life is spartan and difficult. Need a doctor? Wait 2 or 3 days. Toothache? Dentist MIGHT be free in a week. In the major town. 300km away. By boat.

True..

But strip away the luxuries from here and things would be far worse.

We are molded by culture and history to be less careless.

Bricktop

We live in a far from perfect society.

We have created a lifestyle and living environment that is overly complex, over governed and highly stressful. We have become almost unmanageable by a single form of government. We are fragmenting at an alarming rate into 2 ideological camps that become increasingly unwilling to accept governance from the opposite side.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Have you been to "the tropics"?

Most South Pacific islands are sparsely populated. I know some islands in South East Asia that have all the services.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"We live in a far from perfect society.

We have created a lifestyle and living environment that is overly complex, over governed and highly stressful. We have become almost unmanageable by a single form of government. We are fragmenting at an alarming rate into 2 ideological camps that become increasingly unwilling to accept governance from the opposite side.

Some biology professor argued that we humans arent built for this society..

Makes sense..

We arent free.. There is always something breathing down our necks..

Constant stress.

Some pacific tribes might have challenges but they are free... Living outside the grid.