The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Guns are good.

Started by Bricktop, January 05, 2019, 07:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Zetsu"
QuoteIt's a numbers game. The most well trained and equipped police and military cannot put down a widely armed citizenry barring an indiscriminate scorched earth policy on the heads of everyone, including security forces.

And this is why we don't need to give guns to people that never earned their previlage or is mentally unstable.

I spoke of the scorch earthed policies of governments not the people.

Self defence is not a privilege incidentally.

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

It's a numbers game. The most well trained and equipped police and military cannot put down a widely armed citizenry barring an indiscriminate scorched earth policy on the heads of everyone, including security forces.

And now you're an expert in civil warfare??

ac_toofunny

Son, a well trained and equipped squad of soldiers will take apart a civilian force with indisputable ease.

Just by way of example, get someone to discharge a firearm over your head from 100 metres. Now imagine there's 10 of those high calibre military rifles firing over your head, and you think it's a good idea to stick it up to return fire.

You'd fudge your huggies, sunshine, throw down your gun and hope they are in a good mood.

Soldiers and police anti terrorist teams train DAILY to deal with insurrection, twinky dink, with equipment you have no clue about.

Possessing a gun in a civil uprising will only get you killed quicker.

:001_rolleyes:

Take your meds, old man. You're purposefully being obtuse and misrepresenting while changing terms and concepts because you enjoy gov willy.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

QuoteIt's a numbers game. The most well trained and equipped police and military cannot put down a widely armed citizenry barring an indiscriminate scorched earth policy on the heads of everyone, including security forces.

And this is why we don't need to give guns to people that never earned their previlage or is mentally unstable.

If you're talking about the police and military, espeically just standard forces they easily can, this is not my opinion, but a fact.  But instead of worrying about this you should drive safer since the chance of getting killed in a car accident is probably higher than a modern developed democratic country deciding to one day destroy itself.
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

If you're talking about the police and military, espeically just standard forces they easily can, this is not my opinion, but a fact.  But instead of worrying about this you should drive safer since the chance of getting killed in a car accident is probably higher than a modern developed democratic country deciding to one day destroy itself.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/68023e591285f04e4e706033abeb2529/tenor.gif?itemid=12598847">
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"

And of course, these civilian forces are only intent on making your lives better. Like Mao, Lenin, Pol Pot, the IRA, the PLO...

Lol nothing but local terrorists and rebels trying to make things much harder for everyone.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Zetsu"But Bricktop does have a point, it's true knife also kills but only b/c they're much easier to obtain I believe and serves a practical purpose aside from harming others, meanwhile guns on the other hand really is the worst invention mankind has ever made.

The Chinese invented gun powder.

Yep, not to mention the most ironic thing is they accidently invented it originally hoping to create the medicine of eternal life, now so many people are easily killed b/c of this stupid alchemist.   ac_unsure

It was always meant for military purposes.

It sure is after they find out it's violent nature, but before I believe the person that accidently invented it was hoping to create a elixir for long life and good health.

First time I heard that.

Bricktop

https://media1.tenor.com/images/68023e591285f04e4e706033abeb2529/tenor.gif?itemid=12598847">

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F_ktNOKy3AcZ4%2FS-PMMgj_OmI%2FAAAAAAAAAJo%2F7PWlDKZedRI%2Fs1600%2Fhead-up-ass.jpg&f=1">

Frood

You lost some weight there.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I have a compromise. The federal government gets to ban all private citizens from owning rifles and guns. In exchange, the feds working with the provinces,  slash the size of the civil service by one quarter, reduce the entire tax burden by one third and roll back our nonsensical regulatory burden.

If we are to surrender some freedoms, they have to give us something back in return. if Bricktop is right that easy access to firearms increases crime, than the saving must be passed on the people. Greedy governments don't get to keep any savings.

Frood

If citizens must disarm then so should their elected officials and institutions. Non negotiable.
Blahhhhhh...

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-dead-several-injured-shooting-torrance-california-bowling-alley-n955041">//https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-dead-several-injured-shooting-torrance-california-bowling-alley-n955041

Three dead.

Well, Freud...tell us again how owning guns is good for the community.

:crazy:

Guns might serve as a possible deterrent in some cases such as home invadion.

The trouble with your pie in the sky attitude is the police are not always there to protect you or even intervene on your behalf.

I had that experience a couple if years ago.

Police didn't help me.

They only help the rich.

Even Canada.

Otherwise the ordinary citizen is on his or her own.

Plus even if the police try to help they may well come too late.

The police in Vancouver are fucking useless

And you wonder why increasing numbers of normally peaceful citizens are turning to gun ownership

Its because the police don't protect us

Odinson

Banning stuff "for security" is how it starts..

350 million people..

260 million firearms..

One guy shoots a bunch of people..

That is a microscopic event..

Bricktop

Tell that to the families of the dead.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I have a compromise. The federal government gets to ban all private citizens from owning rifles and guns. In exchange, the feds working with the provinces,  slash the size of the civil service by one quarter, reduce the entire tax burden by one third and roll back our nonsensical regulatory burden.

If we are to surrender some freedoms, they have to give us something back in return. if Bricktop is right that easy access to firearms increases crime, than the saving must be passed on the people. Greedy governments don't get to keep any savings.

I'm thinking. ac_umm

Bricktop

Quote from: "seoulbro"I have a compromise. The federal government gets to ban all private citizens from owning rifles and guns. In exchange, the feds working with the provinces,  slash the size of the civil service by one quarter, reduce the entire tax burden by one third and roll back our nonsensical regulatory burden.

The Feds DID ban citizens from owning high powered rifles in Australia.

Oddly, the chances of being shot in Australia are one tenth of that in the US, and half that of Canada.

And Freud hasn't been shot yet, either.

No guns = no death by firearm. It's simple.

As yet no member here has explained why people being killed at musical concerts and kids being shot in schools is an acceptable cost of firearms possession.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Tell that to the families of the dead.

Cant stop people from dying..