Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Justine Giving Undocumented US Migrants Visas

Started by Anonymous, January 09, 2019, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

What a frickin traitor. Just like the coastal dementocRATS South of the border.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/undocumented-us-migrants-get-canadian-visas/ar-BBS0gl5?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/u ... ailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/undocumented-us-migrants-get-canadian-visas/ar-BBS0gl5?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout

After spending 17 years living in the United States as an undocumented migrant, she was in an almost constant state of anxiety. She had no legal status in a country that has been developing an increasingly hostile view of "illegal" migrants.

But last August, Sanchez drove across the Blue Water Bridge that connects Port Huron, Mich., with Sarnia, Ont. and was granted legal entry into Canada, thanks to a successful application for a Canadian study visa despite her undocumented status.

"That's the first time I've ever had a stamp in my passport," she exclaimed to the border security officer as she crossed.

t was a milestone in Sanchez's life that her immigration lawyer, Vanessa Routley, said would not have happened three years ago.

As an undocumented migrant living for so many years illegally in the United States, her application for a temporary Canadian visa would likely have been denied, Routley said.

"In the past, if someone had failed to comply with the regulations in another country, Canada was not willing to take a chance on them, to admit them and to ask them to follow our rules," Routley said.

But over the last few years the Canadian government might have quietly revised its approach to some of these applications.

"There was a low-level rumour circulating that it's possible to bring these people in both for study permits and job offers," Routley said, which is why she moved forward with Sanchez's application. She said she would not have taken the case in the past, given the low probability of success.

"I knew there was a chance that (Sanchez) could be refused, but there seemed to be a new willingness on the part of Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada to give preferential treatment to people who would otherwise do an irregular (border) entry, but were clearly trying to comply with the regulations and do it through legal pathways."

Routley had had success with another client, who also was living in the U.S. undocumented. He was able to use his unofficial work history in the U.S. to support his application for a temporary work visa in Canada. She said she has heard of other similar cases from 2017 from other lawyers.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Canada is fucked.

Oh ya. In the next few years, the only time I'll leave my farm is to get new barrels.

Gaon

The prime minister of Canada has a problem with Canada having borders.
The Russian Rock It

cc

It's all part of the destruction of Western Society happening as we speak .. OK, as we type

And our one trick pony is at the forefront
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"It's all part of the destruction of Western Society happening as we speak .. OK, as we type

And our one trick pony is at the forefront

The more I know about Trudeau, the more I dislike him. Netanyahu has his faults, but he puts Israel's interests first.
The Russian Rock It

JOE

It may be a flawed policy Herman, but at least she's not a Muslim but in all likelihood a Christian Catholic.

I just don't like admitting Muslim refugees because their men rape women/young girls and decapitate them.

Plus their men force their women to breed like rabbits.

Just what Canada needs - an expanded population of fundamentalist Muslims

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"It may be a flawed policy Herman, but at least she's not a Muslim but in all likelihood a Christian Catholic.

I just don't like admitting Muslim refugees because their men rape women/young girls and decapitate them.

Plus their men force their women to breed like rabbits.

Just what Canada needs - an expanded population of fundamentalist Muslims

The thread is about illegal immigration not islam. Derailing threads seems to be common among adult virgins.

Odinson

You are supposed to live in fear if you have committed a crime..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"You are supposed to live in fear if you have committed a crime..

There are sanctuary cities in the USA..

California is a sanctuary state.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"You are supposed to live in fear if you have committed a crime..

The rich californians need their mexican servants the most...

Like... Who would clean Kelly Osbournes toilet otherwise..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

Erica/flea, who else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Erica/flea, who else.

:MG_216:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Erica/flea, who else.

:001_rolleyes:

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"

How can a city or state defy national law. If a city in Israel did that, the mayor and council would be arrested.
The Russian Rock It