The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Outdoor pallet furnature

Started by Berry Sweet, January 12, 2019, 09:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Anyway... soon the finale to Game of Thrones will be on... I have the whole season... just one more to go.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

Quote from: "caskur"No way is LoTR better than The Hobbit.

I loved that Lee Pace as the Elvenking... He was HAWT, real eye candy.

I bought the Extended Edition.... very good value for money where I come from...

Ahhh, so its the eye candy you like  :laugh:

I really liked 'em both, they are my top movies, I just wish they treated Hobbit like they did LotRs CGI wise.

Are you excited for the LotRs series that are about to hit Amazon?
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

From outdoor pallet furniture to Hobbit and LOTR.

:laugh:

caskur

Quote from: "Blazor"

Is this something different from the trilogy?

Quote from: "Fashionista"From outdoor pallet furniture to Hobbit and LOTR.

last weekend I saw pallets broken up and dumped on the side of the road in two locations...

If only those litter bug people knew about this thread they wouldn't have dumped the pallets.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

last weekend I saw pallets broken up and dumped on the side of the road in two locations...

If only those litter bug people knew about this thread they wouldn't have dumped the pallets.

Blazor

As far as the series, its still somewhat hush hush. But they have officially signed on a 5 season deal. Rumor has it that they will go back pre Lord of the Rings, and focus on characters lives before. Rumor was also it would be about the Silmarilion, but I hear that may wind up being a movie. Have you read Silmarilion? Its like the beginning, up to Hobbit. Reminded me of mythology to a degree at first as far as the creation, with a Tolkien twist.

Bricktop

If I recall, the Silmarillion doesn't have hobbitses, orcses and Nazguls...

It is not a complete narrative, and should never have been published in the predeveloped and precipitate form that it was.

It was a more a formative framework from which later stories would flow, and very difficult to read, far too complex and far too celtic.

However, it does provide a rich source of inspiration and characters for new tales to be woven from.

caskur

As far as the series, its still somewhat hush hush. But they have officially signed on a 5 season deal. Rumor has it that they will go back pre Lord of the Rings, and focus on characters lives before. Rumor was also it would be about the Silmarilion, but I hear that may wind up being a movie. Have you read Silmarilion? Its like the beginning, up to Hobbit. Reminded me of mythology to a degree at first as far as the creation, with a Tolkien twist.

I've only read the Hobbit.

Years ago one of my puppy owners gave me copies of LoTR and the Hobbit but I couldn't get into it and gave it back...

then the Lotr trilogy came out and I went to the movies for 3 years to watch them... I was instantly hooked so then I wanted to read The Hobbit. My neighbour gave me their copy and it was old, the pages were breaking away as I turned them....lol

Then when the Hobbit went to DVD, I bought the Extended Edition set and I've been nuts about the show ever since. That was where my future should have been... on sets, designing them or helping to design them... but alas, my life went in another direction.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"If I recall, the Silmarillion doesn't have hobbitses, orcses and Nazguls...

It is not a complete narrative, and should never have been published in the predeveloped and precipitate form that it was.

It was a more a formative framework from which later stories would flow, and very difficult to read, far too complex and far too celtic.

However, it does provide a rich source of inspiration and characters for new tales to be woven from.

See what they can do I guess but sometimes they ruin things thinking they can make a buck out of it and it ends up a box office flop.
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"If I recall, the Silmarillion doesn't have hobbitses, orcses and Nazguls...

It did not have Hobbits, but had a ton of orcs. The Nazguls had not been created yet, remember they were the human kings that were corrupted with the 9 rings. Sauron was also only a captain, of the dark lord Melkor, who was more mighty than Sauron.

I'll admit, it was a hard read the first round, much easier to read the 2nd time, also when combined with Unfinished Tales. They really should of combined Unfinished Tales into the Silmarilion. I too did not like how it was kinda thrown together by his son. Was way too much crammed into the Sil too.

Blazor

Years ago one of my puppy owners gave me copies of LoTR and the Hobbit but I couldn't get into it and gave it back...

then the Lotr trilogy came out and I went to the movies for 3 years to watch them... I was instantly hooked so then I wanted to read The Hobbit. My neighbour gave me their copy and it was old, the pages were breaking away as I turned them....lol

Then when the Hobbit went to DVD, I bought the Extended Edition set and I've been nuts about the show ever since. That was where my future should have been... on sets, designing them or helping to design them... but alas, my life went in another direction.

I had no interest in reading them, til after the movies came out, I was hooked too lol. I have extended editions of both Hobbit and LotRs too. If you really liked them, you MUST read them. So much more in the books, and the ending will blow your mind!

Thats cool, I feel my future should of been on set too, acting lol. No joke! I've dreamed it forever.

Anonymous

I had no interest in reading them, til after the movies came out, I was hooked too lol. I have extended editions of both Hobbit and LotRs too. If you really liked them, you MUST read them. So much more in the books, and the ending will blow your mind!

Thats cool, I feel my future should of been on set too, acting lol. No joke! I've dreamed it forever.

We know.

caskur

Don't you just HATE hitting the wrong quote?
- Andy Warhol

caskur

We could make a movie together... these days with the net, we wouldn't even have to meet.
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

We could make a movie together... these days with the net, we wouldn't even have to meet.

:laugh:   :thumbup:

My brother had an app on his phone, and he took some vids of me and him where we were drinking and playing around in LotRs costumes, and made a pretty good vid of it. Hell I thought my son was taking pictures, nope was recording the whole time lol.