Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

SovietUSSR losses during World War II

Started by JOE, January 20, 2019, 01:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Although they foight in just one front during World War II, Soviet losses were staggering against its foe, Germany

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/russian-sacrifice-and-victory.html">https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instan ... ctory.html">https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/russian-sacrifice-and-victory.html

https://m.warhistoryonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/00-sovwwcsmds.jpg">

USSR may have lost anywhere between 16 and 50 million people.

Ultimately they may have been the true victors of that War but it came at a huge price.

Soviet losses may have been 20 times greater than Germany's

Odinson

USA is real busy claiming that they are the ones who brought down Nazi-Germany that these things might come as big news to your average North-American.

Bricktop

The USA sat on its duff watching as the UK stood alone against Hitler, and again when Hitler invaded and laid waste to vast areas of the Soviet Union.

Than Japan sunk its naval vessels in one of the dumbest decisions any government has made in its history.

Even then, the US focused its attention on Japan rather than Europe...a country a quarter of its size, in the greatest mismatch since PeeWee Herman fought Mohammed Ali.

Then, in 1945, it joined forces with the UK and Soviet Union to open a front in France, when Germany was already staggering, and joined the war in Europe against a beaten foe.

It then claims it won the war!!! Ask yourself which, of all the allied nations, suffered NO attack on its mainland, and not a single bomb fell on any of its cities. Was it England? Nope. Was it Australia? Nope. How about Canada. And the US? Yep. Not a bomb. Not a firecracker. Not even a single bullet. How they suffered...

Then it nuked a thoroughly beaten Japan simply to test its new toys.

Its one of the reasons I am anti-America. Its mouth rarely matches its deeds.

Anonymous

I prefer an isolationist America. That's why I like Trump.

Gaon

I was born in the former Soviet Union. I remember as a little boy being made aware of the horrors of world war 2.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"I was born in the former Soviet Union. I remember as a little boy being made aware of the horrors of world war 2.

I believe that.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"The USA sat on its duff watching as the UK stood alone against Hitler, and again when Hitler invaded and laid waste to vast areas of the Soviet Union.

Than Japan sunk its naval vessels in one of the dumbest decisions any government has made in its history.

Even then, the US focused its attention on Japan rather than Europe...a country a quarter of its size, in the greatest mismatch since PeeWee Herman fought Mohammed Ali.

Then, in 1945, it joined forces with the UK and Soviet Union to open a front in France, when Germany was already staggering, and joined the war in Europe against a beaten foe.

It then claims it won the war!!! Ask yourself which, of all the allied nations, suffered NO attack on its mainland, and not a single bomb fell on any of its cities. Was it England? Nope. Was it Australia? Nope. How about Canada. And the US? Yep. Not a bomb. Not a firecracker. Not even a single bullet. How they suffered...

Then it nuked a thoroughly beaten Japan simply to test its new toys.

Its one of the reasons I am anti-America. Its mouth rarely matches its deeds.

It was genocide.

Truman and every commander who went along with him should have been put behind bars forever. They started something that one day will have horrifying effects for the entire world.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

It wouldn't be surprising if the Red army and IJA were one of the most fearless soldiers that ever existed.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"It wouldn't be surprising if the Red army and IJA were one of the most fearless soldiers that ever existed.

Japan had a formidable war machine..

I had relatives that were forced to serve in the IJA.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Then, in [size=150]1945[/size], it joined forces with the UK and Soviet Union to open a front in France, when Germany was already staggering, and joined the war in Europe against a beaten foe.

Are you really this ignorant or are you just shitposting?  A combined Allied invasion of Sicily began on 10 July 1943 with both amphibious and airborne landings at the Gulf of Gela. The land forces involved were the U.S. Seventh Army, under Lieutenant General George S. Patton, and the British Eighth Army, under General Bernard Montgomery. The Italian campaign continued for nearly two years, until shortly before VE Day.  Not to mention the Normandy invasion on 6 June 1944.  If the foe was "beaten" why did so many people have to die over the next 2 years?

Russia lost more soldiers and more civilians than Germany.  Russia had to fight WW2 with Attitude and Weather and Persistence, the only weapons it had at hand.  Russia is also the only country in the 20th century to have burned its capital city rather than let the foe have it.  It's arguable that without Hitler's bone-headed decision to follow Napoleon into Russia in 1942, the US would have been too late to be effective and all you guys would be speaking Russian now.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"It wouldn't be surprising if the Red army and IJA were one of the most fearless soldiers that ever existed.

Japan had a formidable war machine..

I had relatives that were forced to serve in the IJA.

This is kind of depressing thinking about it and never know there were difference races other than Japanese in the IJA.  But at the same time I always wondered what it would be like if Japan did took over China.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

Let's examine the facts.

The US losses in WW2 were proportionally LESS than those of the UK and Australia....0.32%. That is one third of the UK losses, and just under half of Australian losses. Japan lost 10 times that amount of its population...with Truman's barbarity a major contributor. The USSR lost 13.7% of its population.

In terms of pure numbers, US losses were only slightly less than the UK's. A country a third its size.

America watched as Europe and the UK withered under German aggression. Not only watched, but continued to do business with companies that fed the Nazi war machine. German military transports were made by Ford.

America was hedging its bets, ready to profit from the war by any and all means. Japan foolishly spoiled the party.

America's posturing that it "won the war" is fatuous and disingenuous. When it finally committed, Germany was on the ropes, losing ground to the Soviets, and defeated in North Africa.

America loves to be the hero, even to the extent of lying to itself. Were it not for dogged British resistance and victories against the odds, and the Soviet's almost maniacal defence of its lands, Europe would have been lost to Hitler.

And you can be DAMN sure America would be knocking on his door looking to make a buck.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Then, in [size=150]1945[/size], it joined forces with the UK and Soviet Union to open a front in France, when Germany was already staggering, and joined the war in Europe against a beaten foe.

Are you really this ignorant or are you just shitposting?  A combined Allied invasion of Sicily began on 10 July 1943 with both amphibious and airborne landings at the Gulf of Gela. The land forces involved were the U.S. Seventh Army, under Lieutenant General George S. Patton, and the British Eighth Army, under General Bernard Montgomery. The Italian campaign continued for nearly two years, until shortly before VE Day.  Not to mention the Normandy invasion on 6 June 1944.  If the foe was "beaten" why did so many people have to die over the next 2 years?

Russia lost more soldiers and more civilians than Germany.  Russia had to fight WW2 with Attitude and Weather and Persistence, the only weapons it had at hand.  Russia is also the only country in the 20th century to have burned its capital city rather than let the foe have it.  It's arguable that without Hitler's bone-headed decision to follow Napoleon into Russia in 1942, the US would have been too late to be effective and all you guys would be speaking Russian now.

I wanted to say something too Peaches, but I was to scared to provoke the bear out of hibernation.

Anonymous

They had good military leadership.

Bricktop

They had massive arms factories turning out thousands of cheap but effective planes and tanks.