Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

SovietUSSR losses during World War II

Started by JOE, January 20, 2019, 01:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"They had massive arms factories turning out thousands of cheap but effective planes and tanks.

And first rate soldiers that made other naions green with envy. All hail the Japanese Imperial Army. You guys were legendary.

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"The USA sat on its duff watching as the UK stood alone against Hitler, and again when Hitler invaded and laid waste to vast areas of the Soviet Union.

Than Japan sunk its naval vessels in one of the dumbest decisions any government has made in its history.

Even then, the US focused its attention on Japan rather than Europe...a country a quarter of its size, in the greatest mismatch since PeeWee Herman fought Mohammed Ali.

Then, in 1945, it joined forces with the UK and Soviet Union to open a front in France, when Germany was already staggering, and joined the war in Europe against a beaten foe.

It then claims it won the war!!! Ask yourself which, of all the allied nations, suffered NO attack on its mainland, and not a single bomb fell on any of its cities. Was it England? Nope. Was it Australia? Nope. How about Canada. And the US? Yep. Not a bomb. Not a firecracker. Not even a single bullet. How they suffered...

Then it nuked a thoroughly beaten Japan simply to test its new toys.

Its one of the reasons I am anti-America. Its mouth rarely matches its deeds.

I don't really think if that War on such a context, BT.

It saddens me more than anything. Think of all the wasted potential. Men who could have risen to greatness but were slaughtered on the battlefield

Other than the evil ones who started that war & committed the most heinous war crimes, I'm dure every life lost was as precious as the next. I can imagine that the loss of life hit each family on the axis side as the allied one.

As for Japan, I think many Japanese people also asked themselves why they bothered fighting a war with the United States. Of course in hindsight it was clearly a better decision to stay out of the war. And there were possibly many who were opposed to starting a war with America. However I think it was more about their axis allegiance with Germany that forced their hand. Sooner or later Japan would have been forced to enter the War. I think the USA would have also been forced into the conflict too. They were all in on it whether they liked it or not.

Even the admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor, Yamamoto, didn't want to do it. But pressure and obligation forced him into that position.

JOE

JOE

JOE

JOE

JOE

Zetsu

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Bricktop"The USA sat on its duff watching as the UK stood alone against Hitler, and again when Hitler invaded and laid waste to vast areas of the Soviet Union.

Than Japan sunk its naval vessels in one of the dumbest decisions any government has made in its history.

Even then, the US focused its attention on Japan rather than Europe...a country a quarter of its size, in the greatest mismatch since PeeWee Herman fought Mohammed Ali.

Then, in 1945, it joined forces with the UK and Soviet Union to open a front in France, when Germany was already staggering, and joined the war in Europe against a beaten foe.

It then claims it won the war!!! Ask yourself which, of all the allied nations, suffered NO attack on its mainland, and not a single bomb fell on any of its cities. Was it England? Nope. Was it Australia? Nope. How about Canada. And the US? Yep. Not a bomb. Not a firecracker. Not even a single bullet. How they suffered...

It saddens me more than anything. Think of all the wasted potential. Men who could have risen to greatness but were slaughtered on the battlefield

Other than the evil ones who started that war & committed the most heinous war crimes, I'm dure every life lost was as precious as the next. I can imagine that the loss of life hit each family on the axis side as the allied one.

As for Japan, I think many Japanese people also asked themselves why they bothered fighting a war with the United States. Of course in hindsight it was clearly a better decision to stay out of the war. And there were possibly many who were opposed to starting a war with America. However I think it was more about their axis allegiance with Germany that forced their hand. Sooner or later Japan would have been forced to enter the War. I think the USA would have also been forced into the conflict too. They were all in on it whether they liked it or not.

Even the admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor, Yamamoto, didn't want to do it. But pressure and obligation forced him into that position.

To answer ur question Joe, why did Japan decided to attack the US, there're a few reasons.  Japan was a nation with a history of being heavily ruled by their shoguns/generals and other crazed fanatics so they where never really politically stable.  They defeated China, Russia and the Western colonies of South East Asia with ease and kind of got too cocky thinking they beated at least 2 giant nations and assumed the US wasn't much different from the Euro colonies, assuming they lived a life of comfort and luxuary, which is kind of true considering the US never got into much wars until after WWII.  Another reason is Japan always thought the West would one day retaliate and attack them back for taking over their colonies, so they thought it would be wise to raid Pearl Harbour first hoping to cripple them before hand.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
To answer ur question Joe, why did Japan decided to attack the US, there're a few reasons.  Japan was a nation with a history of being heavily ruled by their shoguns/generals and other crazed fanatics so they where never really politically stable.  They defeated China, Russia and the Western colonies of South East Asia with ease and kind of got too cocky thinking they beated at least 2 giant nations and assumed the US wasn't much different from the Euro colonies, assuming they lived a life of comfort and luxuary, which is kind of true considering the US never got into much wars until after WWII.  Another reason is Japan always thought the West would one day retaliate and attack them back for taking over their colonies, so they thought it would be wise to raid Pearl Harbour first hoping to cripple them before hand.

Japan did seem too confident because they never lost a war.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"

Japan did seem too confident because they never lost a war.

That's true, even if they weren't always at their peak it they sometimes have good luck with them.  Not to mention even just a small group of Ronins that fled Japan was enough to put the Ming dynasty at it's knees.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

caskur

Men love war.. they love killing. It's what they do.

They're killers, it's in their nature.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"

Women love killing too..

The difference is that women want their men to do the killing.

Anonymous

There are sick women who enjoy killing too Odi.

Japanese nurse admits she killed over 20 elderly patients

https://nypost.com/2018/07/10/japanese-nurse-admits-she-killed-over-20-elderly-patients/">https://nypost.com/2018/07/10/japanese- ... -patients/">https://nypost.com/2018/07/10/japanese-nurse-admits-she-killed-over-20-elderly-patients/

Serial killer ex-nurse Wettlaufer moved to psychiatric hospital with internet, music and sports: victim's family

https://globalnews.ca/news/4513996/serial-killer-wettlaufer-moved-from-prison-to-psychiatric-hospital/">https://globalnews.ca/news/4513996/seri ... -hospital/">https://globalnews.ca/news/4513996/serial-killer-wettlaufer-moved-from-prison-to-psychiatric-hospital/

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "caskur"

Women love killing too..

The difference is that women want their men to do the killing.

only bad guys... we don't want to kill the good guys... we need them for heavy labour.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol