News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

People appearing LIVE on social media feeds...

Started by Berry Sweet, January 20, 2019, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Have you noticed the world and peoples attitudes have changes so fast and drastically lately....I'd say over the last 5 years...massive change.

I've noticed, big time. At LEAST 5 years, up to 10 years.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"I think there is a trend growing of people abandoning Facebook.

Not in any significant numbers...but enough to suggest that its day in the sun is waning.

I never joined. One of the first things I heard when it was new, was a change it made, that FB OWNED all pics uploaded, and they could do what they want with them. That was my first red flag, and I said NOPE! Then found out the government had a back door, THEY were watching, yeah fuck that too, NOPE! Nobody listened then, then it came out later, just like the privacy concerns.

All we need, is another big exposure whammy, and they will crumble considerably.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I think there is a trend growing of people abandoning Facebook.

Not in any significant numbers...but enough to suggest that its day in the sun is waning.

I never joined. One of the first things I heard when it was new, was a change it made, that FB OWNED all pics uploaded, and they could do what they want with them. That was my first red flag, and I said NOPE! Then found out the government had a back door, THEY were watching, yeah fuck that too, NOPE! Nobody listened then, then it came out later, just like the privacy concerns.

All we need, is another big exposure whammy, and they will crumble considerably.

I only have a Linkedin account now.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Oh and another red flag, when employers started asking employees for their social media passwords, NOPE! People getting fired for stuff they posted, and another NOPE!

I'll stick with forums, where Im not censored or have to walk around on egg shells  ac_drinks

Bricktop

Who's gonna want to employ YOU!!!

ac_dunno

Unless they grow rice perhaps... ac_umm

Bricktop

Searching Facebook is now SOP for police, intelligence agencies, con artists, employers, prospective employers and creeps.

I thought it was cool. Now I think it's a bane on society.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Searching Facebook is now SOP for police, intelligence agencies, con artists, employers, prospective employers and creeps.

There are no offers of employment for management at my company until a social media background check is completed.

@realAzhyaAryola

I realize that I am rather pleased that my oldest son is very much involved in a live video game where he has his own game name and he knows the people he plays with. With all the chaos that we are seeing now, I do not like my son out there going out to bars and partying. No. I think the online video game stuff seems to be safer than the other option(s). He works hard all day, plays hard for his enjoyment, then plays hockey occasionally.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Berry, have you ever considered confronting your friends about your pet peeve? Can you ask them, "By the way, I'd like to know. Why do you ---?" I began to openly post on Facebook what annoys me about what people do on Facebook. It offended some people who were on my friends list which led them to unfriend me. Hey, I did not care. I knew who my true friends were. I have never regretted my exit from Facebook. I consider it a cesspool of low self-esteem people who need a place where they can seek validation. As for me, life will pass me by if I waste another second on that cesspool.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

There are no offers of employment for management at my company until a social media background check is completed.

How did you get a job?

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I realize that I am rather pleased that my oldest son is very much involved in a live video game where he has his own game name and he knows the people he plays with. With all the chaos that we are seeing now, I do not like my son out there going out to bars and partying. No. I think the online video game stuff seems to be safer than the other option(s). He works hard all day, plays hard for his enjoyment, then plays hockey occasionally.

As a mother, I understand that.

@realAzhyaAryola

He works hard and furnishes his own place and has his own decent video game den. Good on him. I did not spend a dime on any of it.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

How did you get a job?

Simple, they respect her ass.
@realAzhyaAryola

Blazor

Yup, Big Brother is watching over the book of faces, has been for a long time. I remember just a few years into FB, they came out and said "we wouldnt of caught half the folks we did if not for social media over the past couple years". But still folk wouldnt listen, and would say "oh they dont do that", or "if you do no wrong, what do you have to hide".

To me, its not only destroying socializing, and changing the way people think and feel, but its also hurting our production if you ask me. I feel like product quality has gone down quite a bit. I know part of that was when petroleum went up, and companies went to cheaper made components on things, but its also folks not paying attention or not caring.

Blazor

What if one has no social media?