Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Aboriginies First Sights White-man

Started by caskur, January 22, 2019, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

Are there any Aborigines in Australia today that isolated?
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"5 minute video. has subtitles.

">

They survived on lizards and bandicoots.

ac_wot

caskur

They had no metal... no clothes, no permanent dwellings... just dirt, flies, and shortened lives.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Ones on the coast ate better... sea food is always more delicious than bandicoots.
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

Quote from: "caskur"They had no metal... no clothes, no permanent dwellings... just dirt, flies, and shortened lives.

And since the white man's arrival, they have alcohol.
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

I wonder why the comments have been disabled..

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"They had no metal... no clothes, no permanent dwellings... just dirt, flies, and shortened lives.

Do you blame whites for the Abo's problems or do you think they have not helped themselves?

Bricktop

If no-one had colonised Australia, they would STILL be walking around naked, eating snakes and lizards, barely living past 40 and with no tools, building or agricultural capacity.

They were and are the most undeveloped, primitive and unambitiously lazy people on the planet.

But the arrival of whites took their lives and culture away from them to some degree. They could not, can not and never will adjust to white lifestyle. That's not a criticism, merely a statement of fact. We've poured BILLIONS into these people with no net gain in their quality of life, integration or financial level.

White people can do nothing. It's on them to change.

Anonymous

I knew where you stand on this Bricktop. From what I have read about Aborigines, I agree. My question is for caskur.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"If no-one had colonised Australia, they would STILL be walking around naked, eating snakes and lizards, barely living past 40 and with no tools, building or agricultural capacity.

They were and are the most undeveloped, primitive and unambitiously lazy people on the planet.

But the arrival of whites took their lives and culture away from them to some degree. They could not, can not and never will adjust to white lifestyle. That's not a criticism, merely a statement of fact. We've poured BILLIONS into these people with no net gain in their quality of life, integration or financial level.

White people can do nothing. It's on them to change.

What would you do differently?
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Were I emperor of Australia, I would offer the aboriginal nation a portion of the massive land we live on for them to live in as a sovereign nation under Australian protection (as we did with New Guinea). The aborigines would be free to live their lives in their traditional ways without interference. Whilst there are tribal lands in place that are controlled by tribal elders, these are still subordinate to white laws and customs.

There is nothing we can do to help them become "white", nor should we. We need to accept that they are their own race, caught up in a civilisation that passed them by and leave them to live as they want to. Let them be the masters of their own destiny...whatever that may be.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Were I emperor of Australia, I would offer the aboriginal nation a portion of the massive land we live on for them to live in as a sovereign nation under Australian protection (as we did with New Guinea). The aborigines would be free to live their lives in their traditional ways without interference. Whilst there are tribal lands in place that are controlled by tribal elders, these are still subordinate to white laws and customs.

There is nothing we can do to help them become "white", nor should we. We need to accept that they are their own race, caught up in a civilisation that passed them by and leave them to live as they want to. Let them be the masters of their own destiny...whatever that may be.

I might be wrong, but I think Canada already has one territory, Nunavut,  that has the same powers as provinces do.
The Russian Rock It

Blurt

Quote from: "Bricktop"If no-one had colonised Australia, they would STILL be walking around naked, eating snakes and lizards, barely living past 40 and with no tools, building or agricultural capacity.

But they would've been happier, maybe?

This idea that only technology and European-style civilization can make people happy is a very, well, European idea.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Gaon

Quote from: "Blurt"

But they would've been happier, maybe?

This idea that only technology and European-style civilization can make people happy is a very, well, European idea.

He might be judging their culture, but he advocates for them to have their own sovereign territory to live any way they choose.
The Russian Rock It