Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The Confederate Flag

Started by JOE, January 30, 2019, 11:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Odinson"You gotta admit.. This is catchy..

Hey I'll admit, that is catchy  :laugh:

You'll prolly like this one too, even this black guy finds the humor in it  :laugh:

">

:thumbup:

@realAzhyaAryola

Having lived in the sphere of the Beltway for over three decades, I have traveled frequently to Virginia and West Virginia. History fascinates me so I have enjoyed learning about American History. As soon as my eyes caught a glimpse of a confederate flag, I knew I was entering the realm where battles were fought, won, lost--where history was made. The very idea would make my heart beat faster.

There are pockets in these regions where you could say time has stood still. History portrays the good and the bad in us but we cannot deny the events that happened. They happened. Hiding the confederate flag does not hide the events that happened. I am not for hiding or removing reminders of the tumultuous history that shaped our country today. It is important for the future generations to know that part of our history. By removing these icons or statues, we are denying the future generations the full knowledge that we have come a long way. We are keeping them in the dark as though robbing them of the knowledge. Will they be better for it?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Having lived in the sphere of the Beltway for over three decades, I have traveled frequently to Virginia and West Virginia. History fascinates me so I have enjoyed learning about American History. As soon as my eyes caught a glimpse of a confederate flag, I knew I was entering the realm where battles were fought, won, lost--where history was made. The very idea would make my heart beat faster.

There are pockets in these regions where you could say time has stood still. History portrays the good and the bad in us but we cannot deny the events that happened. They happened. Hiding the confederate flag does not hide the events that happened. I am not for hiding or removing reminders of the tumultuous history that shaped our country today. It is important for the future generations to know that part of our history. By removing these icons or statues, we are denying the future generations the full knowledge that we have come a long way. We are keeping them in the dark as though robbing them of the knowledge. Will they be better for it?

As you know, Im in Virginia, Roanoke to be precise lol. My family fought for the South. Hell even my grandfathers name is Robert Lee lol (cant give my last name though). I just wish they would teach the kids the truth in school  :sad:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Odinson

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Having lived in the sphere of the Beltway for over three decades, I have traveled frequently to Virginia and West Virginia. History fascinates me so I have enjoyed learning about American History. As soon as my eyes caught a glimpse of a confederate flag, I knew I was entering the realm where battles were fought, won, lost--where history was made. The very idea would make my heart beat faster.

As you know, Im in Virginia, Roanoke to be precise lol. My family fought for the South. Hell even my grandfathers name is Robert Lee lol (cant give my last name though). I just wish they would teach the kids the truth in school  :sad:

Roanoke.. That does ring a bell..

Did you ever find out what happened to those settlers?

@realAzhyaAryola

How well do you know Washington, DC and Maryland?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

The same thing is happening in Canada. Some extremists want to erase our first pm, John A. MacDonald from history.

Odinson

Here is a real mans man..

:laugh3:

Only pussies pay child support.

">

Odinson

https://memesbams.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/funny-black-ghetto-memes-3.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Here is a real mans man..

">

He should have been castrated after his first kid.

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"

Roanoke.. That does ring a bell..

Did you ever find out what happened to those settlers?

Lol not THAT Roanoke  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

How well do you know Washington, DC and Maryland?

Not that great. I went to DC on a field trip in high school but thats it. My brother trying to get me to take the Amtrak up there when he goes to DC this summer.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Odinson"Here is a real mans man..

">

He should have been castrated after his first kid.
His old man should have been snipped as soon as his boys dropped.

Odinson

Odinson

Did the slaves actually quit working for the masters after slavery was abolished?

I dont think they just left the plantation and went running into the woods yelling "Meessa free!"

I bet most of them kept living like they always have... Still working for the same massa..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"OH HELLS NO!

What Herman said.