The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Upcoming Israeli Election

Started by Wazzzup, January 31, 2019, 11:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wazzzup

Jerusalem (AFP) - Retired Israeli general Benny Gantz's new party has surged in opinion polls since his maiden speech, positing him as the most significant political threat to incumbent premier Benjamin Netanyahu.

But despite the leap in the number of seats his Israel Resilience party is expected to win in the April 9 general election, Netanyahu still remains the best placed to form a governing coalition.[/quote]

Gaon--If you don't mind me asking--Whats your opinion on this?  is this Gantz guy better or worse than netanyahu?  Do the corruption allegations against netanyahu have merit or is it just fake news?

FYI for all -- the Israeli election is Tuesday, April 9, 2019, just over two months away.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Jerusalem (AFP) - Retired Israeli general Benny Gantz's new party has surged in opinion polls since his maiden speech, positing him as the most significant political threat to incumbent premier Benjamin Netanyahu.

But despite the leap in the number of seats his Israel Resilience party is expected to win in the April 9 general election, Netanyahu still remains the best placed to form a governing coalition.

Gaon--If you don't mind me asking--Whats your opinion on this?  is this Gantz guy better or worse than netanyahu?  Do the corruption allegations against netanyahu have merit or is it just fake news?

FYI for all -- the Israeli election is Tuesday, April 9, 2019, just over two months away.[/quote]
Israel has new parties popping up all the time.

Gaon

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

FYI for all -- the Israeli election is Tuesday, April 9, 2019, just over two months away.

Netanyahu has never gone too long without allegations of wrongdoing. Benny Gantz has a checkered past too. But, it does seem the Bezeq deal could lead to criminal charges against Beebe.

Like most Russians in Israel, I'm disappointed with Netanyau. The cease fire with Hamas lead to our guy, Avigdor Lieverman leaving the coalition. I don't like that Netanyahu pandered to the haredim parties and passed laws keeping stores closed on Shabbat, angering the secular Russian community.

Gantz's party is big tent party. It leans right when it comes to security issues, left when it comes to socioeconomic issues, and liberal in his economic goals. Unlike my party, Yisrael Beiteinu, it doesn't have a plan to deal with Israel's impending demographic time bomb and long term security issues. The public is getting tired of Netanyahu, but I still think he'll form another coalition after the election. And the secular Russian community will probably give Likud another chance and rejoin the coalition.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

I read that if Netanyahu, can eke out one more coalition, in July he will become Israel's longest serving pm.

I like Netanyahu. Economically, culturally, and security wise, Israel is a better country because of his tenure. I realize, he's in a coalition and he has to give things  to religious parties for example that he doesn't want to do. But, I don't see anyone else being able to build a broad center right coalition like he has done. Like old Gaon said, some of the coalition partners have opposite objectives. That's a tough balancing act.

Anonymous

I did a search of Netanyahu's scandals. It seems he's been accused of making shady deals with the press in exchange for favourable coverage.

Trudeau doesn't have to do that. The CBC gets more than one billion taxpayer dollars a year to be his unofficial press secretary.

Cam we trade Trudeau for Netanyahu please.

Anonymous

Are Israelis holding an election because the governing coalition fell apart?

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I did a search of Netanyahu's scandals. It seems he's been accused of making shady deals with the press in exchange for favourable coverage.

Trudeau doesn't have to do that. The CBC gets more than one billion taxpayer dollars a year to be his unofficial press secretary.

From what I can tell by some of the articles SeoulBro has posted lately it looks like Trudeau is working right out of the US democrat party playbook.  He seems to be doing all he can to normalize illegal immigration.

Maybe israel can get a better deal than Bibi.  That's something Gaon would know better than I .  But I have no doubt that Netanyahu cares more about the citizens of Israel than its potential invaders, which is far more than I can say for Trudeau and the US democrat party.

Gaon

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I did a search of Netanyahu's scandals. It seems he's been accused of making shady deals with the press in exchange for favourable coverage.

From what I can tell by some of the articles SeoulBro has posted lately it looks like Trudeau is working right out of the US democrat party playbook.  He seems to be doing all he can to normalize illegal immigration.

Maybe israel can get a better deal than Bibi.  That's something Gaon would know better than I .  But I have no doubt that Netanyahu cares more about the citizens of Israel than its potential invaders, which is far more than I can say for Trudeau and the US democrat party.

Likud is not my first choice. But, coalition governments are now the norm in Israel. Netanyahu is better positioned than any leader on the right to broker a deal with other right leaning parties. I would rather see a government lead by Beebe than the open border policies of Tzipi Livni in a coalition with the treasonous Meretz party.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

I didn't know Israel had an upcoming general election. I like the liberalizing economic reforms Netanyahu has implemented.

Gaon

It really bothered me that the haredim don't have to serve in the army. One of the issues in April's election will be a law that makes it harder for yeshiva students to get out of military service.

">
The Russian Rock It

Thiel

This is an informative thread. I don't know a lot about Israel's politics.
gay, conservative and proud