The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Disappearing Trees

Started by caskur, February 04, 2019, 09:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

That makes me feel woozy.

He may be bisexual, if those ladies he's visited are to be believed.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Off my ankle, you paranoid delusional wrinkle buckets

YOUR ankle?

We were discussing Freud.

ac_toofunny

Frood

You're ALWAYS discussing your freud boogeyman, dumb dumb.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Off my ankle, you paranoid delusional wrinkle buckets

Well contribute to the subject then.

I'm still waiting for proof there are more trees today than ever before, dope...

chop chop.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"There are rumours he's bi... so it could be true.

ewww... Freud's bi.

I know Aaron Dinky Freud is a raging alcoholic. He makes Herman look like a teetotaler.

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

ewww... Freud's bi.

I know Aaron Dinky Freud is a raging alcoholic. He makes Herman look like a teetotaler.

And for the sake of his daughter, he should get sober.

I have 2 siblings that are alkies... Not much you can do about them. They need an extensive stay in rehab and Oz lacks in that department.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

ewww... Freud's bi.

I have 2 siblings that are alkies... Not much you can do about them. They need an extensive stay in rehab and Oz lacks in that department.

We have facilities like that in my province..

That's hard to believe Australia lacks residential treatment facilities.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ewww... Freud's bi.

They're inadequate. They kick them out far too early...

On some issues, Australia is worse than pathetic.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ewww... Freud's bi.

They're inadequate. They kick them out far too early...

On some issues, Australia is worse than pathetic.

The recidivism rate is high here too.

Blurt

Trees are expendable. Who needs 'em?

We have the technology to fashion iron lungs for the planet.

Looking forward to a future of glass, concrete, and carbon fibre alloys.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Trees are expendable. Who needs 'em?

We have the technology to fashion iron lungs for the planet.

Looking forward to a future of glass, concrete, and carbon fibre alloys.

We need trees that's who. Besides being a carbon sink, they prevent soil erosion and the desertification of arable land. The ancient Chinese wish they could go back in time and stop the desertification of the Gobi desert.

Blurt

I know, Jock. I was in a satirical mood when I wrote that.

I like trees. I do. Even if some of them are funny-looking.

On a straight up note, I'm the only one at work trying to make sure that both the plants in our public areas and the trees and shrubbery on our grounds are well tended to and well fed. I'm also trying to encourage our clients to participate in caring for the greenery.

It's a losing battle. They can't even properly care for themselves. I try to highlight the link between gardening (or caring for other forms of life, whether plant or animal) and self-care but it's a struggle to make them see that when their main concern is where their next fix will come from.

::sigh::
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"I know, Jock. I was in a satirical mood when I wrote that.

On a straight up note, I'm the only one at work trying to make sure that both the plants in our public areas and the trees and shrubbery on our grounds are well tended to and well fed. I'm also trying to encourage our clients to participate in caring for the greenery.

It's a losing battle. They can't even properly care for themselves. I try to highlight the link between gardening (or caring for other forms of life, whether plant or animal) and self-care but it's a struggle to make them see that when their main concern is where their next fix will come from.

I didn't think you were clubbing baby trees. :laugh:

Once a person gets a taste for greenery, it's addicting. Every spring and summer, my wife and I spend more time in our back yard garden than we did the year before. When we move to Panama, we'll have our own little rain forest.

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"As a kid, I used to plant saplings(?) in the cleared zones..

It paid about 50euros per day.. Of course we had finnish marks back then.

All the kids were doing it and they are doing it now.

My husbands's extended family back in Austria own a forest. They were never allowed to cut it down...

I own some forest...

What I do is thinning it so that the pine-trees have more room to grow..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"I know, Jock. I was in a satirical mood when I wrote that.

I didn't think you were clubbing baby trees. :laugh:

Once a person gets a taste for greenery, it's addicting. Every spring and summer, my wife and I spend more time in our back yard garden than we did the year before. When we move to Panama, we'll have our own little rain forest.

There's a lot of satisfaction that comes from growing a successful crop, plant, vineyard, trees or whatever.