Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Two fools meeting...

Started by Bricktop, February 12, 2019, 05:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

I went on a Pritikin vegan diet for 3 months... It was fantastic and I HIGHLY recommend it but I love meat, fish and duck (not chicken) and while a vegan diet is a great temporary fitness exercise, it's not a long term thing for me.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I went on a Pritikin vegan diet for 3 months... It was fantastic and I HIGHLY recommend it but I love meat, fish and duck (not chicken) and while a vegan diet is a great temporary fitness exercise, it's not a long term thing for me.

I eat less meat in the last few years, but no way would go total vegan.

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "caskur"I went on a Pritikin vegan diet for 3 months... It was fantastic and I HIGHLY recommend it but I love meat, fish and duck (not chicken) and while a vegan diet is a great temporary fitness exercise, it's not a long term thing for me.

I eat less meat in the last few years, but no way would go total vegan.

It's really good if you have a health issue and need to rest your organs. That's the best way I can put it. I felt like I had chronic fatigue syndrome and felt CURED after the Pritikin REGRESSION diet (most severe of his diets).

I actually felt cured and do not think it was a plecebo. At the end of each month though, I had a Filet Mignon... and I battled to finish them...It was as if I really needed red meat, probably the iron and vit K or something.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Everything in moderation, so veganism is not for us.

Frood

We have meats or seafood on a near daily basis, so that would be viewed as a declaration of war to us.
Blahhhhhh...

Gaon

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"We have meats or seafood on a near daily basis, so that would be viewed as a declaration of war to us.

About 4 to 5 days a week in our kitchen.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

The skin of the vegans I know is so beaytiful, they look 20 years younger...

BUT 2 of 4 I know had cancer... 1 with breast cancer, 1, with cancer of the womb.

The oldest one I know, is now 80 plus Seven Day Adventist. I was shocked when I first met her in her 70s... she had the skin of a 50 year old..

I should do vegan for a week but right now I'm going to polish off a battered piece of fish... Imma a sinner!!!  ac_blush
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

https://lisamcdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/olderbutnotwiser.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"https://lisamcdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/olderbutnotwiser.jpg">

That's one of those misleading memes Odi..

There are other factors like genetics, the use of photoshop and of course the employment of make up artists.

Wazzzup

Vegetarianism is fine if you get enough protein and have some milk, cheese, eggs etc.  Veganism can be dangerous,  you have to make sure to get certain amino acids that can only be gotten through eating dairy or meat or you will get sick.

I'm good with anybody being vegan if they want.  Its their life.   But if they try to tell me I have to do it too then they can *^%$ right off.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Vegetarianism is fine if you get enough protein and have some milk, cheese, eggs etc.  Veganism can be dangerous,  you have to make sure to get certain amino acids that can only be gotten through eating dairy or meat or you will get sick.

I'm good with anybody being vegan if they want.  Its their life.   But if they try to tell me I have to do it too then they can *^%$ right off.

Tell me what to eat, drive, wear, how to heat and power my condo and they can  *^%$ right off. Are you listening to me Pam and Leo.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Vegetarianism is fine if you get enough protein and have some milk, cheese, eggs etc.  Veganism can be dangerous,  you have to make sure to get certain amino acids that can only be gotten through eating dairy or meat or you will get sick.

There is a burgeoning industry of "Telling Us What To Do".

It is the most profitable enterprise of them all.

You can even diversify. Politics. Religion and evangelism, nutrionism, health fads and the rising star amongst them...journalism.

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"https://lisamcdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/olderbutnotwiser.jpg">

The other "vegan" looks like a smoker and drinker...

The actual worse looking Vegan I have seen is James Cameron's wife....Suzy Amis... Google her... She's a walking skeleton who needs medical intervention.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

:beurk:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cdn.panda-gossips.com/production/imgs/images/000/003/300/original.jpg?1512388621">

caskur

Quote from: "Shen Li":beurk:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cdn.panda-gossips.com/production/imgs/images/000/003/300/original.jpg?1512388621">

Now post a picture showing her collar bones... that'll make you gasp.
- Andy Warhol