Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Five more innocent souls slaughtered.

Started by Bricktop, February 15, 2019, 09:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Yet the worse it gets, the more they believe that GUNS aren't the problem. It's true that people are the biggest problem, but people without guns don't seem to kill each other so effectively.

Odinson

I was watching some documentary about a black family in america..

They were "poor" and the mother complained about poverty all the time.

But then I looked at the surroundings.. Her family seemed to be living quite comfortably in a nice house.. Atleast 100 square meters..

And...

Our poor people are thin.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Odinson"Banning the guns is not an option in america..

Not with all the blacks, mexicans and outpatient care whites roaming around.

But this is the main problem in the US, is that poverty, social decay and guns, any one of the three can't be mixed with another;  Like a doctor always say one person can still have a good chance of surviving on one kind of sickness, but when 2 or more factors collide together, usually a serious problem occurs.

Poverty as a hypothesis might work for gang shootings. (Although I prefer a demographic argument which IMO there is more evidence for.)

But poverty has nothing to do with mass shootings.  Most of those are people with mental illness who got pissed off about something-- got fired from a job or shot up a school because they got bullied.  I would wager anyone that most, nearly all, are middle class.

There are lots of places where guns are just about as easy to get hold of as the US. (remember our old pal Mel had guns in Canada) When it comes to mass shootings there seems to be something more peculiar to America than other places where guns are almost as accessible.

Anonymous

I don't owns guns, but I know some people that do own legal firearms. None of them are wealthy. They've never shot anyone.

caskur

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Bricktop"https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47261314">//https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47261314

5 shot down by another lunatic with a gun.

But America needs no gun control...

:001_rolleyes:

...and yet, I wouldn't follow the 'Bricktop Method of Preservation & Self Defense' if my life depended upon it.

I've asked police to help me before when I thought my life/well-being was endangered & they didn't do anything for me.

There is an argument for at  least a limited ownership of firearms.

I agree - assault weapons of all kinds should be banned except for police and military.

But for home use & self-defense, every homeowner/renter should be allowed to have 1 small handgun.

Cops only act when a crime has been committed otherwise they couldn't care less about you. As long as they're armed, why would they?

Get a can of oven spray... they come with pistol grips... spray your intruder in the eyes. He'll go blind and you'll go to jail for grievous bodily harm...  :roll:
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Bricktop"https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47261314">//https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47261314

...and yet, I wouldn't follow the 'Bricktop Method of Preservation & Self Defense' if my life depended upon it.

I've asked police to help me before when I thought my life/well-being was endangered & they didn't do anything for me.

I agree - assault weapons of all kinds should be banned except for police and military.

But for home use & self-defense, every homeowner/renter should be allowed to have 1 small handgun.

Cops only act when a crime has been committed otherwise they couldn't care less about you.

So when would YOU like police to act?

Gaon

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I don't owns guns, but I know some people that do own legal firearms. None of them are wealthy. They've never shot anyone.

I knew people in Israel who own legal firearms. They are law abiding citizens.
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

Odinson

Here is the pinnacle of finnish engineering..

Looks like a Galil... Because the israelis copied the RK-62..

Both are based on the AK-47..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/RK_62_76.jpg">

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "caskur"

Cops only act when a crime has been committed otherwise they couldn't care less about you.

So when would YOU like police to act?

cops today aren't the same as the old days BT...

They do FA... they only collect road fines... that's it.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I was in Fremantle recently... I was in a dark parking area while Kurt went and got Fish and chips from Kalis... Some yahoos pulled up, jumped out of the car and then started rolling across the roof of other cars... when they started jumping on my car, I beeped the horn, threw opened the door and yelled, "get off my fucking car"... one of the guys apologized and they all took off on foot to Kalis. I had to wait for Kurt to come back and we rang the cops. They didn't come. We waited for the owners of the car that had a big dent in the roof, told them what happened to their car... gave the reggo of the offending marauders and my phone number if they wanted a witness for court.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

How interesting.

Why do you think they didn't turn up?

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"How interesting.

Why do you think they didn't turn up?

It's a minor incident to them...

I was attacked... one jumped on my car (that's an attack)... I was a nervous wreck... there were 5 men and one woman....

I should have spoken to the police, and not Kurt... They would have heard my distress.

I was in the dark, by myself when 6 idiots showed up. That's police attention as far I'm concerned.

Anyway, I photographed their car. Rich little white boys, not poor black bastards.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I got their number. I haven't been contacted so obviously the people aren't worried about fixing their car roof. ..
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

It's a minor incident, because they are loaded up dealing with more demanding requirements for their services.

If you want police to attend every civil disturbance, crime, domestic violence, robbery, drug overdoes, fire, accident, lost dog, lost child, lost wallet or lost mind, kindly write to your local State MP demanding more police officers be employed.

Your taxes will be increased accordingly, or other services will be curtailed. I believe that police management estimate a cost of around $100,000 per annum for every operational police officer.

And then, of course, you may need to ask the Courts to do THEIR job, as most offences are perpetrated by repeat offenders. Especially in WA, I believe.