The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

DAMN LIGHTNING!!!

Started by Bricktop, March 03, 2019, 07:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Having physical disconnects is all one can do. Or lightening rods, which aren't very common anymore. Getting replacement bulbs is also sometimes tricky.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

I take that back. They've gone hi tech and it's Aussie.

http://www.ldu.com.au/prevectron_lightning_protection_system.html">http://www.ldu.com.au/prevectron_lightn ... ystem.html">http://www.ldu.com.au/prevectron_lightning_protection_system.html
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"A surge protector won't help against a direct hit by lightning. They are there to protect against power surges through the electrical grid.

A lightning strike hits the house with hundreds of thousands of volts in an explosive jolt.

Seriously, it felt like the house was hit by a missile. I asked the electrician why our surge protector failed and he said nothing could protect against a direct hit that drove holes into solid tile and concrete.

But the important thing is no-one was hurt, not even the pooch.

Oh.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"A surge protector won't help against a direct hit by lightning. They are there to protect against power surges through the electrical grid.

A lightning strike hits the house with hundreds of thousands of volts in an explosive jolt.

Seriously, it felt like the house was hit by a missile. I asked the electrician why our surge protector failed and he said nothing could protect against a direct hit that drove holes into solid tile and concrete.

Yep... My grapevine was hit but not a direct bolt and the crack was straight over my head forcing me to go inside... when I joined a fb group and showed the evidence, a well known expert called me a liar... that spun my head in, I went into full flame and troll mode, got kicked out of the group and banned... so I made my own group.... that group is going strong. Lightning comes up from the ground too.... my grapevines are staked with metal pegs.

The experts said my pictures are the resulting of a "rolling lens"... but there was not one bolt but TWO bolts and and thankfully, I have the original vid where strike and thunder sound together and the "microwaved" branch of a perfect grapevine without blemish expect the struck piece... I just went on the group to warn people to be careful.

You were lucky no one was injured or worse....
You were instinctively worried about lightning... Imagine if you took my advice and tried to capture some. You'd be dead now... so God was obviously sending you a message NOT to film lightning. That's how I'm looking at it.

This is the rolling lens that they said I faked which is untrue... it's not fake but definitely I later found out is a "rolling lens" problem.

">

Original footage in real time but it was the LATTER strike... that was the problem... It's a mintute after the first so be patient..

">

Here is the grape vine several hours later... The expert said my grapevine was injured enough...(the wanker is WRONG)

https://s138.photobucket.com/user/caskur_2006/media/my%20pictures%20from%20digital%20camera/002-8.jpg.html">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

Yep... My grapevine was hit but not a direct volt and the crack was straight over my head forcing me to go inside... when I joined a fb group and showed the evidence, a well known expert called me a liar... that spun my head in, I went into full flame and troll mode, got kicked out of the group and banned... so I made my own group.... that group is going strong. Lightning comes up from the ground too.... my grapevines are staked with metal pegs.

The experts said my pictures are the resulting of a "rolling lens"... but there was not one bolt but TWO bolts and and thankfully, I have the original vid where strike and thunder sound together and the "microwaved" branch of a perfect grapevine without blemish expect the struck piece... I just went on the group to warn people to be careful.

You were lucky no one was injured or worse....
You were instinctively worried about lightning... Imagine if you took my advice and tried to capture some. You'd be dead now... so God was obviously sending you a message NOT to film lightning. That's how I'm looking at it.

This is the rolling lens that they said I faked which is untrue... it's not fake but definitely I later found out is a "rolling lens" problem.

">

Original footage in real time but it was the LATTER strike... that was the problem... It's a mintute after the first so be patient..

">

Here is the grape vine several hours later... The expert said my grapevine was injured enough...(the wanker is WRONG)

https://s138.photobucket.com/user/caskur_2006/media/my%20pictures%20from%20digital%20camera/002-8.jpg.html">
Oh my goodness caskur.

:shock:

Bricktop

Just found another hole in the concrete floor in the corner of the garage, right next to the garage door guide rail. No guesses needed as to why it grounded there...

Right next to the Honda S2000!!!!

Some debris on the car, but otherwise unharmed.

Whew.

caskur

This thread isn't about what happened to me but it's my area of novice expertise (ha ha).. They (my lightning groupies) said something about metal... I was explaining to them how lightning comes up out of the ground (most of the people hadn't really heard that) but it does. So then Kurt reminded me the grapevines were staked with metal piping... The only thing I don't have a picture of is the leaves on the vine 3 hours after the strike where only the edges were browned. It wasn't until the end of the day the whole length of vine was dead.... And a branch of the tree was dead but it took me two years to notice a branch of the tree died a slow death.

In effect we all were right... they were right about this "rolling lens" problem... And I was right about being struck but it was on the SECOND strike that was the probable cause...The strike that cracked over my roof and woke up the sleeping members on my house.

Metal stake under the dead branch..
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Just found another hole in the concrete floor in the corner of the garage, right next to the garage door guide rail. No guesses needed as to why it grounded there...

Right next to the Honda S2000!!!!

Some debris on the car, but otherwise unharmed.

Whew.

What has happened to you is a BIG news event...

You can earn money on this story.

You need to photograph everything...

The lightning junkies love this stuff and they need stories like this to warn people.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

That's a lot of damage to Bricktop's house, but it could have been a lot worse. And already life is returning to normal.

caskur

fb weatherzone has lightning from Adelaide yesterday...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157174420769166&set=pcb.467968360404707&type=3&theater&ifg=1">https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1">https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157174420769166&set=pcb.467968360404707&type=3&theater&ifg=1
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

If any media turned up to investigate the strike I would tell them, politely, to fuck off.

Our woes are not for them to use to sell newspapers or advertising space on TV.

Money from the media is dirty money.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"

If any media turned up to investigate the strike I would tell them, politely, to fuck off.

OK... I understand your position.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I know you'd give those vultures hell tiger. acc_hugz

@realAzhyaAryola

How awful. Still, it is good news that no one was hurt inside your house.

Jupiter has sent you a warning.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

caskur

God of Thunder is Thor...

Tho thorry.
- Andy Warhol