News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

multiple fatalities after mass shooting at two mosques in Christchurch New Zealand

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2019, 12:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: "Caskur"but now, of course, the media, the dems and the leftards world wide will do everything they can to try and score political points with this. They always do.

Didn't see news last night & computer off - Seems around 50 dead & many injured

National security and foreign analyst Dr. Walid Phares (My main goto guy on things islam):

As a national security expert, here's how I try to make sense of the senseless

"the New Zealand mass shooting is a successful act of pure evil."

What happened?

Despite the temptation to rush to judgment, my rule is to wait for the facts, and let the facts speak for themselves. In this case, the facts came out really fast, in part because the perpetrators broadcasted them to the world.

The shootings at the Christchurch mosques are the very definition of terrorism: the willful intention to do violence on innocents to serve a political agenda.

Who is to blame?

In cases of terrorism my answer is always the same: the terrorists. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern was exactly right when she said that people with such extreme views "have absolutely no place in New Zealand and in fact have no place in the world. ... We utterly reject and condemn you." Shifting the blame to anyone else is just wrong. Terrorists should be made to own their evil.

What about whataboutism?

There are always some who want to make a tragedy about their agenda. That agenda may be gun control, politics, religion, or any number of other concerns, hatreds, conspiracies or righteous causes. But trying to make the issue about their cause and not about terrorism does nothing to advance our understanding of either – especially when people are in the midst of crisis, tragedy and mourning.

Take issues on their own merit. We don't need a terrorist attack to argue that an extremist ideology that dehumanizes people of another religion or embraces xenophobia is wrong. We can argue that every day.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Yeah, I think AOC understands who and what the NRA is and how it is her local enemy even though probably unrelated to this particular terrorist.

Caskur, the mosques are full on Friday because it is the sabbath day in Islam.

I wonder where cc is at this time.  She'll probably be beside herself.

I haven't read this "manifesto" but there are rumors that it contains some trollish gamer analogies and may be rather tongue in cheek, at least in part.  However, there's not much about 49 corpses that's tongue in cheek.

caskur

Quote from: "Peaches"Yeah, I think AOC understands who and what the NRA is and how it is her local enemy even though probably unrelated to this particular terrorist.

Caskur, the mosques are full on Friday because it is the sabbath day in Islam.

I wonder where cc is at this time.  She'll probably be beside herself.

I haven't read this "manifesto" but there are rumors that it contains some trollish gamer analogies and may be rather tongue in cheek, at least in part.  However, there's not much about 49 corpses that's tongue in cheek.

Friday is a work day... plenty of time after work to visit the Mosque Peachfuzz...

Most of them are on the Rock-n-roll....

Islam is a growing concern in Western Countries and they're causing atrocities on citizens of their host countries.

There are plenty of guys out there ready to do what this guy did today.

When you don't treat people EQUALLY you cause one sector or another, resentment. Islam are given special treatment or apologies for their misbehaviours. Some people resent that.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Blazor"The media lap it up, being a Trump supporter should not of even made part of the news. People are dead, and they still have to somehow tie it to that evil waccist Twump.

The media love this shit alright.

It's ironic to that it happened on the School Children's Strike. The news about that has been dumped.

Didnt know that!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

caskur

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Blazor"The media lap it up, being a Trump supporter should not of even made part of the news. People are dead, and they still have to somehow tie it to that evil waccist Twump.

The media love this shit alright.

It's ironic to that it happened on the School Children's Strike. The news about that has been dumped.

Didnt know that!

The school kids around the world went on strike over politicians not doing very much about the environment.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "cc"Snip.

You mucked up the quotes. I didn't wrote that.

It was Wuzz
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"Yeah, I think AOC understands who and what the NRA is and how it is her local enemy even though probably unrelated to this particular terrorist.

That unqualified imbecile does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

cc

Quote from: "cc"Snip.

You mucked up the quotes. I didn't wrote that.

It was Wuzz

Apologies - my error in quote tags

cc

Quote from: "seoulbro"

She, her opponents early Xmas present,  does not.

cc

cc

Quote from: "Peaches"......

I wonder where cc is at this time.  She'll probably be beside herself

I'll take the opportunity to suggest Peaches look at previous posts rather than desperately attempt to take advantage of the the killings

Better yet, as page changed over, I'll post a quote of my previous post

hoping that he has located  "agenda-free" reading glasses in the meantime

Quote from: "cc previously letting Walid Phares speak for her"

Didn't see news last night & computer off - Seems around 50 dead & many injured

National security and foreign analyst Dr. Walid Phares (My main goto guy on things islam):

As a national security expert, here's how I try to make sense of the senseless

"the New Zealand mass shooting is a successful act of pure evil."

What happened?

Despite the temptation to rush to judgment, my rule is to wait for the facts, and let the facts speak for themselves. In this case, the facts came out really fast, in part because the perpetrators broadcasted them to the world.

The shootings at the Christchurch mosques are the very definition of terrorism: the willful intention to do violence on innocents to serve a political agenda.

Who is to blame?

In cases of terrorism my answer is always the same: the terrorists. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern was exactly right when she said that people with such extreme views "have absolutely no place in New Zealand and in fact have no place in the world. ... We utterly reject and condemn you." Shifting the blame to anyone else is just wrong. Terrorists should be made to own their evil.

What about whataboutism?

There are always some who want to make a tragedy about their agenda. That agenda may be gun control, politics, religion, or any number of other concerns, hatreds, conspiracies or righteous causes. But trying to make the issue about their cause and not about terrorism does nothing to advance our understanding of either – especially when people are in the midst of crisis, tragedy and mourning.

Take issues on their own merit. We don't need a terrorist attack to argue that an extremist ideology that dehumanizes people of another religion or embraces xenophobia is wrong. We can argue that every day.

Anonymous

cc has been consistent in her opposition to extremism regardless of the ideology..

Not many other posters are like that.

Wazzzup

In his manifesto the shooter said he is an environmentalist and he has contempt for the wealthiest 1 percent.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/9394363-181/new-zealand-mosque-shooter-a">https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/9394 ... -shooter-a">https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/9394363-181/new-zealand-mosque-shooter-a

This is quite common from what I've seen is that extremists often borrow from both sides of the extremism fence.  I remember one shooter who had both a German iron cross and a soviet hammer and sickle pin on his jacket.

IMO The political spectrum is not v shaped IMO its a circle--

https://imgbb.com/">

JOE

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Just read-- 4 in custody (3 men and a woman)  and 30 or more believed dead, very sad.

I had no idea there were even mosques in NZ, much less any animosity by any Aussie's against them.

EDIT: this one says the gunman liked Trump https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8642007/christchurch-mosque-shootings-brit-gunman-racist-manifesto-trump-supporter/">https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8642007/c ... supporter/">https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8642007/christchurch-mosque-shootings-brit-gunman-racist-manifesto-trump-supporter/

Australians do not want Muslims in Australia. That I do know.

Is there a poor White underclass in Australia, caskur?

Similar to the cockney working class blokes in England?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I didn't bring her into this thread -- and in fact sought by my answer to re-direct the topic to the actual shooting event that IS the topic.  

Also, I think caskur mentioned the school children striking.  I'd heard a bit about it but frankly it's not being done around here since it's "spring break" anyway.  At any rate, I agree that any press the children were getting has been swept away by these mosque attacks.