The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Migrant Crossings Head Toward Highest Since 2007, DHS Chief Says

Started by Anonymous, March 19, 2019, 03:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wazzzup

Regardless of all that above--this is the answer

Lindsey Graham to introduce immigration package, toughen asylum standards

https://outline.com/rkNZA8">https://outline.com/rkNZA8

Republicans actually doing something for a change?  Its about f&^king time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Regardless of all that above--this is the answer

Lindsey Graham has gone from being one of Trump's harshest critics to working with Trump to get his agenda passed.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Regardless of all that above--this is the answer

Lindsey Graham has gone from being one of Trump's harshest critics to working with Trump to get his agenda passed.

I don't know what did it, probably the Kavanaugh thing, but Graham has turned from a mouse into a man.  Never too late for redemption.

Wazzzup

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday that President Donald Trump has the authority to send asylum seekers to Mexico as they wait for the United States to adjudicate their claims, handing the president a big win on immigration policy.

The "Remain in Mexico" policy seeks to curb catch-and-release by denying fraudulent asylum seekers the incentive of being released into the interior of the U.S. while their cases proceed in immigration courts.

r decision by San Francisco Judge Richard Seeborg, who blocked Trump's policy on the grounds that the administration was making the asylum process too difficult and could be putting migrants at further risk by demanding they stay in Mexico. (RELATED: Judge Blocks Trump Administration Policy Of Returning Asylum Seekers To Mexico)

The Ninth Circuit temporarily issued a stay in mid-April while they reviewed the case, allowing the Trump administration to continue the policy until further notice.

Now, the president can at least temporarily declare victory on "Remain in Mexico."

The lower court still has to rule on the merits of the case, which could end up at the Supreme Court.[/quote]
An unlikely victory from the ninth circus, a court usually unfriendly to trump.  Apparently there are still some real judges out there.

'

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday that President Donald Trump has the authority to send asylum seekers to Mexico as they wait for the United States to adjudicate their claims, handing the president a big win on immigration policy.

The "Remain in Mexico" policy seeks to curb catch-and-release by denying fraudulent asylum seekers the incentive of being released into the interior of the U.S. while their cases proceed in immigration courts.

r decision by San Francisco Judge Richard Seeborg, who blocked Trump's policy on the grounds that the administration was making the asylum process too difficult and could be putting migrants at further risk by demanding they stay in Mexico. (RELATED: Judge Blocks Trump Administration Policy Of Returning Asylum Seekers To Mexico)

The Ninth Circuit temporarily issued a stay in mid-April while they reviewed the case, allowing the Trump administration to continue the policy until further notice.

Now, the president can at least temporarily declare victory on "Remain in Mexico."

The lower court still has to rule on the merits of the case, which could end up at the Supreme Court.

An unlikely victory from the ninth circus, a court usually unfriendly to trump.  Apparently there are still some real judges out there.

'[/quote]
 :yahoo:

Anonymous

:thumbup:
QuoteSELF-DEPORTATIONS ARE RISING DRAMATICALLY UNDER TRUMP ADMINISTRATION

The number of illegal aliens who are choosing to voluntarily deport themselves has spiked since President Donald Trump entered the White House.

Illegal immigrants who were granted voluntary departure — also known as "self-deportation" — increased by 50% in 2017, according to information compiled by The Marshall Project. In fiscal year 2018, the number of aliens who asked an immigration court for permission to leave the country on their own accord doubled from the previous fiscal year. Applications in 2018, in fact, reached a seven-year high.

The rising number of self-deportations far outpaces the 17% growth in overall U.S. immigration cases, indicating that a higher percentage of illegal migrants are opting to leave rather than face government-coerced deportation.

There are incentives for illegals who choose to voluntarily leave. Instead of being held in a detention center for an indefinite amount of time or undergo a strenuous courtroom battle, undocumented immigrants can simply return to their home country. Additionally, migrants who don't have a deportation on their record are not required to wait years to apply for a U.S. visa to re-enter the country.

For a growing number of illegals who are detained, self-deportation appears to be the best option.

"They're tired of living in here, of dealing with [Immigration and Customs Enforcement], dealing with guards, dealing with the injustice. ... They give up," said Alejandra Garcia Zamarron, a 32-year-old Mexican national who had been living in the U.S. illegally for nearly two decades until she was caught driving with an unregistered vehicle and lied to a police officer about her identity.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/09/self-deportation-spikes-trump/?utm_medium=email">https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/09/self ... dium=email">https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/09/self-deportation-spikes-trump/?utm_medium=email

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey":thumbup:
QuoteSELF-DEPORTATIONS ARE RISING DRAMATICALLY UNDER TRUMP ADMINISTRATION

The number of illegal aliens who are choosing to voluntarily deport themselves has spiked since President Donald Trump entered the White House.

Illegal immigrants who were granted voluntary departure — also known as "self-deportation" — increased by 50% in 2017, according to information compiled by The Marshall Project. In fiscal year 2018, the number of aliens who asked an immigration court for permission to leave the country on their own accord doubled from the previous fiscal year. Applications in 2018, in fact, reached a seven-year high.

The rising number of self-deportations far outpaces the 17% growth in overall U.S. immigration cases, indicating that a higher percentage of illegal migrants are opting to leave rather than face government-coerced deportation.

There are incentives for illegals who choose to voluntarily leave. Instead of being held in a detention center for an indefinite amount of time or undergo a strenuous courtroom battle, undocumented immigrants can simply return to their home country. Additionally, migrants who don't have a deportation on their record are not required to wait years to apply for a U.S. visa to re-enter the country.

For a growing number of illegals who are detained, self-deportation appears to be the best option.

"They're tired of living in here, of dealing with [Immigration and Customs Enforcement], dealing with guards, dealing with the injustice. ... They give up," said Alejandra Garcia Zamarron, a 32-year-old Mexican national who had been living in the U.S. illegally for nearly two decades until she was caught driving with an unregistered vehicle and lied to a police officer about her identity.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/09/self-deportation-spikes-trump/?utm_medium=email">https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/09/self ... dium=email">https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/09/self-deportation-spikes-trump/?utm_medium=email

More good news.   :thumbup:

Wazzzup

Didn't know whether this should go here or under Biden.

"Look, I think that anyone who is in a situation where they are in need of health care, regardless of whether they are documented or undocumented, we have an obligation to see that they are cared for," Biden said in response to whether illegal immigrants "should be entitled to federal benefits like Medicare, Medicaid."

The former veep, however, hasn't yet endorsed Medicare-for-all, a rallying cry of most Democrats running for president in 2020.[/quote]

This is how democrats fight illegal immigration. :001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Didn't know whether this should go here or under Biden.

"Look, I think that anyone who is in a situation where they are in need of health care, regardless of whether they are documented or undocumented, we have an obligation to see that they are cared for," Biden said in response to whether illegal immigrants "should be entitled to federal benefits like Medicare, Medicaid."

The former veep, however, hasn't yet endorsed Medicare-for-all, a rallying cry of most Democrats running for president in 2020.

This is how democrats fight illegal immigration. :001_rolleyes:[/quote]
I support giving necessary health care, especially emergency health care to everyone despite their status in the USA..

You can bill them for it, but the chances of collecting are slim.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"

The former veep, however, hasn't yet endorsed Medicare-for-all, a rallying cry of most Democrats running for president in 2020.

I support giving necessary health care, especially emergency health care to everyone despite their status in the USA..

You can bill them for it, but the chances of collecting are slim.[/quote]I agree for the most part.  An illegal immigrant shouldn't die of a heart attack on the steps of the emergency room.  Treat them and then deport them :laugh:

But giving free overall health care coverage, at taxpayer expense, to people who shouldn't even be here is insane.  But insane is the new normal in the democrat party.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

I agree for the most part.  An illegal immigrant shouldn't die of a heart attack on the steps of the emergency room.  Treat them and then deport them :laugh:

But giving free overall health care coverage, at taxpayer expense, to people who shouldn't even be here is insane.  But insane is the new normal in the democrat party.[/quote]
I get what you are laying down. Illegals should not be entitled to social services. Emergency services is different.

Gaon

I agree for the most part.  An illegal immigrant shouldn't die of a heart attack on the steps of the emergency room.  Treat them and then deport them :laugh:

But giving free overall health care coverage, at taxpayer expense, to people who shouldn't even be here is insane.  But insane is the new normal in the democrat party.[/quote]
Just to go off topic briefl, I was discussing on VF how illegal aliens vote in America. Driver's licenses are how illegal aliens become registered voters.
The Russian Rock It

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Gaon"

But giving free overall health care coverage, at taxpayer expense, to people who shouldn't even be here is insane.  But insane is the new normal in the democrat party.

Just to go off topic briefl, I was discussing on VF how illegal aliens vote in America. Driver's licenses are how illegal aliens become registered voters.[/quote]Not off topic at all. Throw in too that in most states all you have to do to register to vote is sign a piece of paper that says you're a citizen, you don't have to show any proof whatsoever.  Its harder to get a library card than it is to register to vote.

'

There are 10 to 30 million illegals in the US.  If Just 10% vote that's 1 million to 3 million votes.  That's enough to sway a close presidential election, (or a close senate or house election). This is what happens to democracy when a party (the democrats) have decided they will do ANYTHING for power no matter how low or unscrupulous.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

Just to go off topic briefl, I was discussing on VF how illegal aliens vote in America. Driver's licenses are how illegal aliens become registered voters.[/quote]
That makes it too easy for people to vote who shouldn't be voting.

Wazzzup

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., on Wednesday introduced an immigration bill aimed at curtailing the record-high number of immigrant families traveling from Central America to the United States in hope of attaining asylum.

Graham's bill would allow the Department of Homeland Security to immediately deport most unaccompanied children from Central America; double the number of federal immigration judges in order to more quickly decide asylum cases; force all asylum-seekers to apply for credible fear at processing centers in their home countries; and allow those in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody to be held up to 100 days while their credible fear and asylum proceedings go forward.

"We have a perfect storm brewing at the border because of a series of broken and outdated laws related to asylum and children," Graham, a member of the 2012 Gang of Eight that unsuccessfully attempted to come up with bipartisan immigration reforms, said in a statement[/quote]

Its about time.  (yeah it probably won't go anywhere because of dumbocrats running the house, but at least some republicans are actually doing their job for a change)