Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Disney now owns 21st century fox

Started by Vancouver, March 19, 2019, 07:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

Fantastic four, X-Men, deadpool, Silver surfer, family guy, aliens, predator, planet of the apes, avatar, die hard, home alone, night at the museum, ice age, Buffy the vampire slayer, the x files, Simpsons.

It's all Disney's now! Probably a good thing. We are getting new Starwars movies thanks to Disney. George Lucas wasn't doing anything with the Starwars movies.
Time is malleable

Bricktop

And soon available on Disney's streaming service...nowhere else.

This is the dawn of a new era where free to air and cable TV will become dinosaurs.

Vancouver

These days people like to stream their shows on services such as Netflix. They can watch the shows whenever and wherever. On the tv, computer, tablet, or smartphone. We haven't had cable in years.
Time is malleable

Odinson

Disney fucked up Star Wars..

Hyperspace ramming, condescending female characters, unskilled woman winning against a skilled warrior..

That whole idiotic tailing through space throughout the movie... Turbo laser bolts that fly with a curve in space.

And they took the first order/imperials to a whole new idiotic level.

Odinson

I dont watch that much TV anymore because the shows are all reality shows.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"These days people like to stream their shows on services such as Netflix. They can watch the shows whenever and wherever. On the tv, computer, tablet, or smartphone. We haven't had cable in years.

We have cable and Netflix at the moment.

JOE

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Fantastic four, X-Men, deadpool, Silver surfer, family guy, aliens, predator, planet of the apes, avatar, die hard, home alone, night at the museum, ice age, Buffy the vampire slayer, the x files, Simpsons.

It's all Disney's now! Probably a good thing. We are getting new Starwars movies thanks to Disney. George Lucas wasn't doing anything with the Starwars movies.

But from visiting comic shops that Disney couldn't take over everything simply because Marvel either lost control of some of its characters or couldn't hang on to them.

Ie , some were acquired or published by Dark Horse comics like Conan the Barbarian which used to be published by Marvel.

So at least I dont think we'll be seeing any Disney made movies about that character.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Odinson"Disney fucked up Star Wars..

Hyperspace ramming, condescending female characters, unskilled woman winning against a skilled warrior..

That whole idiotic tailing through space throughout the movie... Turbo laser bolts that fly with a curve in space.

The prequels from George Lucas were terrible and he knew that. That's why he was afraid to make more Starwars movies.
Time is malleable

Bricktop

I watched a movie called "Solo" last week whilst convalescing.

What a steaming pile.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

The prequels from George Lucas were terrible and he knew that. That's why he was afraid to make more Starwars movies.

The last two Star Wars movies were enjoyable.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Girl... please..

Do you even know what the force is?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

Girl... please..

I know The Force Awakened in 2015  and two years later came The Last Jedi.

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"

Girl... please..

I know The Force Awakened in 2015  and two years later came The Last Jedi.

Just as I suspected... You are a padawan..

The force is the deity in the star wars universe..

Jedi like Luke Skywalker can manipulate the force and that gives him his powers.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"These days people like to stream their shows on services such as Netflix. They can watch the shows whenever and wherever. On the tv, computer, tablet, or smartphone. We haven't had cable in years.

I do all of that and still use cable. There are shows on cable you will not find on Netflix.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

But that list is shrinking...I have both, and I can see where the future is heading.

Broadcasting via free-to-air or cable is doomed.

Free to air won't last much longer...but cable will be around awhile yet. Although no influence at the moment, watch out for Google's new gaming service, where top shelf games can be played online through a browser. Google claims to have developed streaming technology that eliminates the need to purchase games. It doesn't take Nostradamus to see where this is going...streaming is the future. Offer the latest movies, episodic features and a broad range of other videos on demand, without ads, as well as the latest massive game titles...who will want cable?